Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If btc > $150k, will you still gamble it?
Yes, I don't have any problem gambling btc at high price. After all, 1 btc is 1 btc, right? - 36 (52.2%)
No, I will not do that, just sell it and wait for a dump to buy and gamble with it again. - 14 (20.3%)
Will use some part for gambling and sell the rest. - 19 (27.5%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If btc > $150k, will you still gamble it?  (Read 1744 times)
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 02:55:18 PM

I've already stopped betting since 2 days and I'm not planning to make a single bet again in my life after what losing streak I had in the last months so yea , don't waste your coins on gambling and if you do, make sure you know how to lose.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 03:14:41 PM

I've already stopped betting since 2 days and I'm not planning to make a single bet again in my life after what losing streak I had in the last months so yea , don't waste your coins on gambling and if you do, make sure you know how to lose.
The concept in gambling is certainty of losing most of the time. Gambling is not that bad, greed is. Many gamblers are making this activity as a source of income despite of inconsistencies with the profit. In these instances, greed and frustration might take place resulting to bigger losses from wanting to get your money back. Gambling is meant to be a leisure activity not a reliable source of income.If you enjoy playing, then continue but if this game results to another problem, that's something to be worried of.

XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 03:16:15 PM

Sorry for the loss but that shouldn't be a yardstick to stop what you enjoy. Most of my time in gambling, i have made some consecutive losses on gambling but never gave up becasue i personally gable for entertainment than just hustling towards the rewards of the aftermaths.

Base on my gambling style-life, i will continue with Bitcoin gambling all the rest of my life even though it[Bitcoin] turns above $150k. I don't gaze toward the profit but just for the fun in it while gambling.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:14:46 PM

Why do people assume that people wager with bitcoin without looking at the price of the bitcoin they are playing with? I mean I play with dollar value of it in my mind and it has never changed in the past 7 years I have been gambling.

I wager about 10-20 bucks per week and that doesn't change just because bitcoin price changes, I wagered about 27 dollars this week for example and I did that 7 years ago as well, the difference is 27 bucks meant a lot more bitcoin back in those days and it means a lot less bitcoin today but it is still the same amount of dollars I am gambling. So, if I wager 100 bucks per month, that means I wager 0.007240 bitcoins that month and I would totally keep wagering 100 bucks even if it is 150k dollars per bitcoin as well if it means just few k satoshi in the end.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:27:43 PM

Sorry for the loss but that shouldn't be a yardstick to stop what you enjoy. Most of my time in gambling, i have made some consecutive losses on gambling but never gave up becasue i personally gable for entertainment than just hustling towards the rewards of the aftermaths.

Base on my gambling style-life, i will continue with Bitcoin gambling all the rest of my life even though it[Bitcoin] turns above $150k. I don't gaze toward the profit but just for the fun in it while gambling.

You should never encourage others to start betting, you know that right ? Everyone should make their own decisions based on their own free thinking but personally, I think you have a lot of money to spend them on bets , instead of buying something nice for you or your wife, kids , family. It's easy to say now that you will gamble when bitcoin goes over 100k, but when it does, things might chance. Anyway, it seems today most of the favorites won their games so Barcelona might win too.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:33:16 PM

I've made similar resolutions in the past and it failed everytime lmfao.

It just doesn't work like that. You have to slowly leave it instead of going cold turkey! Because after few hours or days, the temptation will be so high, you will end up gambling again and will lose most than you can save! It's better to have long term goals!
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:13:08 PM

I would just gamble in satoshis instead of higher denominations. The great thing about Bitcoin is its divisibility. We have BTC, mBTC, uBTC and sats. I'm excited for the moment when we'll pay for coffee with 100 sats or so.
I don't see why would the mining fee increase? If Bitcoin reaches $150k/unit the fee in BTC will be smaller and it shall remain about the same as it is now in dollars-wise.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:14:35 PM

I've made similar resolutions in the past and it failed everytime lmfao.

It just doesn't work like that. You have to slowly leave it instead of going cold turkey! Because after few hours or days, the temptation will be so high, you will end up gambling again and will lose most than you can save! It's better to have long term goals!

For me, I'm not saying to myself that I will not bet again because that's really hard especially if you are following a specific sport. What you can do maybe, is stop for certain period and just go back when you have extra money to bet. Don't use money that you will need for basic necessities, if possible just use the extra extra, so it is not heavy in your heart when you lose again.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:28:21 PM

I still have the choice to choose always the minimum deposit amount if the price jumps too high and if we're going to convert that in fiat, that's what most of our concern lies. The conversion of bitcoin to USD is going to be the basis how much we're going to deposit. As I'm reading the whole thread, this is what others going to do too.

It's going to work if you're too conscious with the amount you gamble so have a flat base to fiat to lessen the decimals you'll deposit. But if it doesn't hit you much and you're okay to gamble the usual amount you deposit, it's your btc and no one would argue and stop you doing that.

Concerning the fee, I'll check first the recommended fee before sending.

dwyane36
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2034

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 09:00:41 PM

I would totally keep wagering 100 bucks even if it is 150k dollars per bitcoin as well if it means just few k satoshi in the end.
$100 will equivalent to ~ 67k satoshi if BTC raises up to 150k. And I guess you will have some problems with a high fee for tx. For example, you deposit $100(67k sats) from your wallet, and also you need to pay from 6k to 20k sats($10-$30) for the fee. In this case, It doesn't look profitable.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 09:37:10 PM

I expect the height of this market in the next 18 months where we could have the bull towards the completion of the cycle but a lot of factors will affect the peak of the price. A careful trader will decide on the price of exit at least with certain percentage of his portfolio, Greed needs to be carefully manage to maximise the profit both for bitcoin and ethereum. I expect 10x-15x on bitcoin and 25x-100x for ethereum and other altcoins, I pick a point between for taking profit. The present pandemic could affect the flow of fund in the market except is controlled as early as possible

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 09:52:10 PM

I would totally keep wagering 100 bucks even if it is 150k dollars per bitcoin as well if it means just few k satoshi in the end.
$100 will equivalent to ~ 67k satoshi if BTC raises up to 150k. And I guess you will have some problems with a high fee for tx. For example, you deposit $100(67k sats) from your wallet, and also you need to pay from 6k to 20k sats($10-$30) for the fee. In this case, It doesn't look profitable.

Absolutely right, as the price gets higher the transaction fee becomes higher also. And practically it's not economical, there's no way you'll get good profit. Though there is another way to avoid this high transaction fees, you can just use another kind of coin like LTC or XRP. I spent very small maount as low as 0.00045XRP when doing transaction, and that could be an alternative.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 10:18:36 PM

Safety first and I'll allocate my profit to my savings but it doesn't mean that I won't be allocating fund for my leisure. And that's where it will go to whichever thing and activity that I want to do, gambling is included. I think we're even more happy to gamble if the price reaches that amount because we're likely to be carefree about how much we'll be gambling as long as we have our holdings in safety. Fees could go with the minimum of $10 for every $100 transfer or even more than that fee but I wouldn't mind as long as I'm happy to do it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 10:31:13 PM

I am sure for people who play gambling to be able to make money, they will stop playing gambling for a while,
if the Bitcoin price reaches $ 150k. But if people play gambling for entertainment purposes, no matter how high
the Bitcoin price rises, it will not make that person stop gambling. And I chose the third option, which shares my
Bitcoin. Some I sell so I can get profit, then some I will use to play gambling.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Quidat

Activity: 2590
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 10:58:43 PM

I am sure for people who play gambling to be able to make money, they will stop playing gambling for a while,
if the Bitcoin price reaches $ 150k. But if people play gambling for entertainment purposes, no matter how high
the Bitcoin price rises, it will not make that person stop gambling. And I chose the third option, which shares my
Bitcoin. Some I sell so I can get profit, then some I will use to play gambling.
If there is an addiction at some point, the price of assets shouldn't matter for gamblers. Gambling for fun is a healthy method for using cryptocurrencies but I wish there were worldwide accepted payment methods with BTC. Selling half and gambling the other half is still a risky choice because I will never the 0.5 BTC in gambling for entertainment purposes in case of having full BTC. The network throttle is another problem here, so the time will show us which way we should choose.

Not all do really had that full BTC into their wallets thats why its not really that precise to presume out that we do have that amount but spending out 50% of your entire money is really just that risky
for someone yet you wouldnt know that you would tend to make use of those funds 100% once addiction sets in or your greediness do really overcome you.People are naturally greedy and when its
triggered then making out dumb decisions later on which would really result into loss and ending up on regrets.Its our own money though which means we do have the full control of it,
some might really be listening out to others advice but there are ones who doesnt really care and just proceed on.We do treat out bitcoin as precious but what matter most is that we should
always be on control with our finances.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 11:04:24 PM

Safety first and I'll allocate my profit to my savings but it doesn't mean that I won't be allocating fund for my leisure. And that's where it will go to whichever thing and activity that I want to do, gambling is included. I think we're even more happy to gamble if the price reaches that amount because we're likely to be carefree about how much we'll be gambling as long as we have our holdings in safety. Fees could go with the minimum of $10 for every $100 transfer or even more than that fee but I wouldn't mind as long as I'm happy to do it.
So I guess you are choosing the third one which is also my choice since I am not into making money in gambling. I like your idea how you want to spend your Bitcoin just for your leisure time but let me tell you something when it comes to sending Bitcoin, the fees are so crazy when there's a hype. Why not switch to a stable altcoins like USDT then buy back Bitcoin using the altcoin? I guess switching is the only way if you want to earn from this congested network that absolutely make you pay such incredibly high mining fee just for the sake of gambling.

dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 11:08:32 PM

Why do people assume that people wager with bitcoin without looking at the price of the bitcoin they are playing with? I mean I play with dollar value of it in my mind and it has never changed in the past 7 years I have been gambling.
Set amount in dollar of what amount only to bet in every bet or on that set, bitcoin price is too volatile and it changes every now snd then so it's not advise not to think of dollar when playing. When we base our bet via btc and not thinking of how much it is in dollar we will soon to run out of budget too fast as if no plan of enjoying the game and just feel pressured throughout his playtime.
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 01:03:36 AM

After so much positive speculation, optimism in markets, accumulation by institutional investors, too many analysts predicting a new ATH for btc, let's say if everything goes good and btc reaches extremely high price, will you still gamble it? Or will you 'be able' to gamble it? Won't the fees distract you from using it in gambling?

Take the poll and share your opinion.
What ever the price of bitcoin, i will still gamble it because it won't change anything about me. Maybe the pressure of high bets can affect my game play but the price of bitcoin won't. If you really are a professional gambler, you will gamble and take the risk what ever in exchange because you will also think that you won't win unless you try. The transaction fee can really affect everyone but not the one who give his life on gambling.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 01:36:28 AM

Set amount in dollar of what amount only to bet in every bet or on that set, bitcoin price is too volatile and it changes every now snd then so it's not advise not to think of dollar when playing. When we base our bet via btc and not thinking of how much it is in dollar we will soon to run out of budget too fast as if no plan of enjoying the game and just feel pressured throughout his playtime.

The only way that we can do is change from bitcoin into altcoin so that we don't have to think much about bitcoin price moving. It is better to save our bitcoin for this moment because bitcoin price can increase anytime, and we don't want to lose bitcoin in the gambling games. Perhaps, we can set the amount to bet every week, so we don't have to add more amount to our gambling account to gamble.

What ever the price of bitcoin, i will still gamble it because it won't change anything about me. Maybe the pressure of high bets can affect my game play but the price of bitcoin won't. If you really are a professional gambler, you will gamble and take the risk what ever in exchange because you will also think that you won't win unless you try. The transaction fee can really affect everyone but not the one who give his life on gambling.

For some gamblers, they will not think about that. But for gamblers who are not playing gambling every day, they will think about the bitcoin price, and of course, they will also think about the transaction fee that can increase. We might still play gambling, no matter if the bitcoin price rise high, but we can use the other coin to gamble if we really care about our bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
gabbie2010

Activity: 2674
Merit: 326

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 05:47:56 AM

I gambles with dollar rate ie based on $ not Bitcoin rate thus I wouldn't  bother if Bitcoin is $150K if my minimum wager is $10 then it btc equivalent is 0.0000667btc, while some gamblers gambles based on btc rate, its  will be absolutely very high rate, losing such a big sum of btc on gambling or betting is not advisable it will rekt an account easily and can spell doom an addicted gambler to become bankrupt.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: