Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:39:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Even huawei refused to be left out  (Read 247 times)
Kvalentine (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:25:41 PM

I guess PayPal crypto involvement is not the only thing to be excited about, huawei have announced that their upcoming Mate 40 smartphone series will include the following

1. Digital RMB hardware wallet
2. Hardware-level security
3. Controllable anonymity protection
4. Dual offline transactions

Link to full news: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-huawei-smartphone-will-feature-a-hardware-wallet-for-digital-yuan

So what's your take?

Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:40:11 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

paypal adoption is just the beginning. there are many big companies that will follow what PayPal do. because ,they already see the potential use of it in  the future. and many people now been interested to be one the investors of crypto currency .many found crypto as one of the good source of money and alternative way to stored money securely .they can also see the potential of the growth of crypto currency someday once more people bought it using many different platform like what PayPal offer .

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3505

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:51:06 PM

Is it their first project with crypto currencies? However into this field there is already another big competitor, in fact Samsung has launched their digital wallet since one year ago. 
Samsung Blockchain Keystore can support ETH BTC XLS TRX, and directly linked with GEMINI exchange.
The real news will be an official Apple Grin wallet for cryptocurrencies (or something like that preloaded in their smartphone).  Paypal news has created a strong and evident hype behind all crypto market, more "blockchain products" to arrive into market in the upcoming months/years

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:56:02 PM

The strong interest on crypto from the public is the reason why we are still here today, as good as bitcoin and ethereum is if the public don't invest a penny on them Paypal and huawei won't embrace the technology today, we did it people and this is just the beginning, who says the government is the power? The real power belongs to the people

Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 02:12:48 PM

China is moving forward with the implementation of the digital yuan and replace it for every kind of transactions as well every crypto for merchant transfers. To implement their idea they'd change anything and everything. Almost all of the Chinese brand would move on to embrace the national digital currency. It would have been better if huawei would too bring some new coins at least for their own IOT platform.
yangongear

Activity: 447
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 02:15:24 PM

The future trend of crypto usage is probably inevitable, and big companies can't afford to miss the technology. The problem now is probably regulations from governments to legalize the use of crypto.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 02:54:58 PM

hardware wallet functionality on mobile phone is much bigger than just offering buy/sell cryptocurrency price, that is offered by paypal

paypal buy/sell for crypto prices of four big coins would have positive outcome if some of these users actually decide to buy real cryptocurrencies, then it will be good for the community
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 03:53:04 PM

I guess PayPal crypto involvement is not the only thing to be excited about, huawei have announced that their upcoming Mate 40 smartphone series will include the following

Link to full news: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-huawei-smartphone-will-feature-a-hardware-wallet-for-digital-yuan

So what's your take?

I think there is no reason to be excited with that announcement Huawei only supports digital yuan and not Bitcoin and Altcoins it's different on Paypal because they are already supported Bitcoin and altcoins while Huawei is not, digital yuan is CBDC a centralized stablecoin, and it is not beneficial to the crypto market for me Samsung is much better because they include decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. so lets put it that way.   
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 04:06:48 PM

hardware wallet functionality on mobile phone is much bigger than just offering buy/sell cryptocurrency price, that is offered by paypal

paypal buy/sell for crypto prices of four big coins would have positive outcome if some of these users actually decide to buy real cryptocurrencies, then it will be good for the community

I prefer the PayPal news a much bigger new than this Huawei news, Huawei is more on social media communication while PayPal is more on commerce which will give Cryptocurrency industry the much needed boost and I don't see any reason why the demand will not go up, it's up to PayPal on how they are going to promote this, but everything PayPal has integrate has become huge in the long run.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 04:46:11 PM

This news is increasingly making the crypto world even more excited, how can not the technology world giants also start taking part in the crypto business
Things are getting more interesting, actually I trust china companies, if they announced this they re definitely going to make this happen, last year I think samsung announced same new about implementing crypto wallet in their samsung phone, was that samsung s20? I'm not sure if crypto wallet exists on that phone, anyone using this samsung phone?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 04:49:15 PM

Things are getting more interesting, actually I trust china companies, if they announced this they re definitely going to make this happen, last year I think samsung announced same new about implementing crypto wallet in their samsung phone, was that samsung s20? I'm not sure if crypto wallet exists on that phone, anyone using this samsung phone?

China is one of the front runner of Cryptocurrency adoption, they lead in mining and on exchange and trading and there are a lot of projects that are created that are based in China only Paypal is not a China company, I'm pretty sure that Huawei can bring a lot to Cryptocurrency adoption.

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 05:00:14 PM

I guess it's all about increasing the adoption of the CCP coin in China. But nevertheless, the technological advancement of the party and the mass adoption and use trial would be a good experience for every of the cryptocurrency. They may never outsource the underlying technology but others can watch and find what problems they faced and what solutions they implemented and try to mirror that with any of the options they can find. It's overall a positive move for blockchain technology.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 05:55:23 PM

So what's your take?
Very exciting news but I don't know how users take advantage of this feature who don't know about cryptocurrency.. Opera browser supports cryptocurrency wallet but unfamiliar with crypto people can't take this opportunity. We can take it but we have to buy this phone. Another question is, how would I recover my hardware wallet if I lost my phone?

tbterryboy

Activity: 1932
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 06:38:46 PM

This is really good, dual offline transaction? It’s like one of the best thing I’m seeing today. That means crypto users who owns the Huawei Mate 40 will be able to share cryptocurrency while their offline. I have seen some people ask for a feature like this, and now they will be having it in this phone.

The number one point you made: digital RMB hardware wallet, I guess that will be something like Trezor and Nano DS wallets? Hardware level security and the anonymity control protection are another good option. Although the problem here is that Huawei no longer have access to making use of the Google Android software due to being banned by the US. I don’t know how good their new OS would be, and whether it will be reliable.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 06:49:17 PM

So what's your take?

This is positive news but it is no where as big news as paypal one because not only they are going to implement crypto buy, sell and exchange they will be launching their own coin as well.
While huawei is just coming up with a wallet which many smart phones already provide.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 06:52:41 PM

The companies are changing to the tune of the changing dimensions, the cryptocurrency market cannot be neglected and some of the companies if they neglect will be left alone and it will seriously harm their business model and hence they are shifting their focus and including cryptocurrencies and now electronics and hardware companies are integrating them as well.
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 06:57:43 PM

This is positive news but it is no where as big news as paypal one because not only they are going to implement crypto buy, sell and exchange they will be launching their own coin as well.
While huawei is just coming up with a wallet which many smart phones already provide.
But this can be a continuous development, Huawei may add more features like having their own coin too once they officially started using blockchain or crypto related program. Soon they might also put updates in the existing phone as my phone still keep receiving software update even it's not their latest one.more companies will sure to adopt and have a take on these adoption made by known companies.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 07:00:25 PM

Huawei is among the top 3 global smartphone companies now. Being from China it has been criticized and rediculed as well in history but it has grown more and more with time especially producing good quality budget smartphones.
As a forward looking tech company i expect even more from huawei than just adding a wallet. I hope huawei will add more pro crypto products and features in new models that can help in crypto adoption.

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 07:21:10 PM

I don't understand what's the big deal.

Huawei will just have that feature for their own digital Yuan. Meaning users can do payment transfer even offline.

Don't see any involvement of crypto or the Bitcoin itself there. They are just using the blockchain idea.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 07:27:21 PM

I really like this and in my own understanding, this is just the beginning. PayPal has succeeded in opening their eyes towards the potentials of the crypto space and since new innovative technologies, ideas and solutions are what drives the world, many platforms will gradually come on board so that they will be able to offer crypto services to their users in the process not losing them to their competitors.
About Huawei, by building a wallet that will support digital yuan, I see it as a good step towards more growth hence will force other smartphone companies to take their own steps as well. In the midst of all these news, both PayPal and Huawei, what I see is platforms that are ready for the future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: