Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:26:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD RX 6000 GPUs will be GREAT at GPU MINING! RX 6900 XT, 6800 XT, and 6800  (Read 4733 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 08:20:49 PM

The new graphics cards from AMD will be GREAT at GPU mining, but does that even matter? Let's review the 6900 XT, 6800 XT, and 6800 specifications and expected GPU mining hashrates and profitability!
Sub to VoskCoin - http://voskco.in/Sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLPLnxhmVfs

GPU mining is certainly not dead, as miners earn millions of dollars a day in GPU mining revenue, so naturally new and more powerful graphics are incredibly interesting for gamers and GPU miners alike. AMD recently released two of the most profitable graphics cards for mining, the 5600 XT and the 5700 XT. The RX 6900 XT, 6800 XT, and 6800 are expected to be provide the mining hashrates as compared to their previous generation of RX 5000 series GPUs.
GPU miners compete with other GPU miners, but they also compete and lose against ASIC miners on the same mining algorithm, having newer and more powerful graphics cards allow GPU miners to mine more efficiently and profitably on Ethereum, the most profitable coin to GPU mine. Let's review the new AMD RX 6900, 6800 XT, and 6800 graphics cards and why they are so exciting for a GPU miner and will be used to build many GPU mining rigs!

Links!
AMD RX 5600 XT vs RX 5700 XT GPU mining hashrates - http://voskco.in/HNps
Ethereum ETH GPU mining profit calculator - http://voskco.in/of56
AMD RX 6900 XT 6800 XT 6800 prices - http://voskco.in/Rlkm
Gamers Nexus AMD RX 6900 6800 XT review -  http://voskco.in/jJgX
Red Panda Mining RX 6900 6800 ETH hashrate - http://voskco.in/xPRv
Bits Be Trippin RX 6900 XT GPU mining hashrates - http://voskco.in/9rpW
AMD RDNA 2 architecture video - http://voskco.in/GzHl
Miners are upgrading the Innosilicon A10 Ethereum ASIC miners with more memory to continue ASIC mining ETH in 2020 and 2021 - https://voskcointalk.com/t/new-firmware-innosilicon-a10-hashrate-issues-a10-4gb-to-6gb-upgrade-option/8137/4?u=voskcoin

Additional links and information in the video description on YouTube per bitcointalk rules there are no referral or affiliate links in this thread

VoskCoin is for entertainment purposes only and is never intended to be financial investment advice. VoskCoin owns or has owned cryptocurrency and associated hardware. VoskCoin may receive donations or sponsorships in association with certain content creation. VoskCoin may receive compensation when affiliate/referral links are used. VoskCoin is home of the Doge Dad, VoskCoin is not your Dad, and thus VoskCoin is never liable for any decisions you make.

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 03:28:52 AM

I did not watch all but most AMD turds are full of shit for 68xx and ETH speed, they have no basic idea what is the limiting factor
saying it will hash 100Mhs can say only total clueless moron and some to post videos about that are insane, or they are here just for click bait shit

memory spec is 512GB/s theoretical speed at 100% utilization and 0 latency is 64Mhs... add on that maybe some magic optimization where ~3% DAG go to L3 which can be read by all CU at once at insane speed maybe add 5% on top, all rest is pure insanity by ppl with no brains

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 03:40:52 AM

I did not watch all but most AMD turds are full of shit for 68xx and ETH speed, they have no basic idea what is the limiting factor
saying it will hash 100Mhs can say only total clueless moron and some to post videos about that are insane, or they are here just for click bait shit

memory spec is 512GB/s theoretical speed at 100% utilization and 0 latency is 64Mhs... add on that maybe some magic optimization where ~3% DAG go to L3 which can be read by all CU at once at insane speed maybe add 5% on top, all rest is pure insanity by ppl with no brains

If you say to those people 32 + 32 = 64, they will say that you are crazy and will point out that 32 + 32 is actually 94 without any basis to why is 94, better move on and let them be. Those people are sick, they are against maths and truth. They prefer to believe there are dragons flying around, the earth is not round and so on.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 10:37:30 AM

It is a disgrace to see the mining-community spouting these clueless numbers. Shame on you guys ...

(on the other hand math won't fix the flat earth puzzle because it works out very well for it)  Lips sealed
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 11:46:30 PM

time will tell, just wanted to have fun rounding up all of the current data and info I could find -- was going to do this for my personal research so figured why not just roll it into a video :shrug:

heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 12:33:28 AM

This.  512GB/s is the memory bandwidth and I am seeing all mining youtubers calling out weird shit numbers.  It's going to be around 65 MHs but will be efficient than Navi.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 01:01:57 AM

This.  512GB/s is the memory bandwidth and I am seeing all mining youtubers calling out weird shit numbers.  It's going to be around 65 MHs but will be efficient than Navi.
but but but but the compute units!!!!

heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 09:26:12 PM

Compute units will help in core intensive mining algos not for ethash which is already memory bound/heavy. 
Here's an example.  2070 super had more compute units but similar memory configuration to 2070 and hashes the same?
Did eth hashrate increase for vega 56 to vega 64 even with extra compute units?

The difference that you see for 56/64 in hashrate is because of HBM2 clocks and timings.
If vega 56 and vega 64 are clocked same and same timings hashrate would be the same.

You see RTX 3080 hashing 100 MHs is because memory bandwidth is 760 GB/s.  Radeon VII has 1 TB/s so actually it has more memory headroom but is limited by other factors on that card.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 10:43:48 PM

but but but but....ill take sarcasm for $300 Alex....
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 12:29:06 PM

"AMD 6800 card just arrived, mining performance at default is amazing, it reached 1.5 times performance of 3090, or even more. I guess non of you will be able to buy this card…. what tests you guys want to see?"

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6800-50-faster-geforce-rtx-3090-at-crypto-mining-rumor/

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2274669-1-1.html

I wonder how true this statement really is.

badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 01:32:15 PM

I'm glad i didn't buy a bunch of 3080s, looks very promising, might be more efficient then an Eth ASIC.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 01:43:51 PM

I highly doubt it.  Although the new amd gpus seem to clock really high, 2250 or more.  I can see good perf in many algos.  I just want to benchmark for myself but hey if they didnt sell truckloads directly to big buyers, maybe consumers would have a chance to get one.  LOOKING AT YOU XFX.  edit:  if they had gddr6x @ 19gps it would be amazing
mochaaa

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 03:56:56 PM

didnt they already say it was gddr6
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 05:34:43 PM

yeah its all 16gb DDR6
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 05:42:22 PM

If he did just a short ETH benchmark and maybe even at epoch 1 (just about 1 gig for the dag file) than the 128mb on die cache can spike your hashrate probably very high and your "average hashrate" printed in the miner console will be VERY wrong until it averages out after many minutes ...
agente

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 06:12:18 PM

I'm glad i didn't buy a bunch of 3080s, looks very promising, might be more efficient then an Eth ASIC.

Not your choice of course  Grin
Out of stock everywhere
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 07:45:13 PM

out of stock everywhere and have some heat problem for mining make hashrate drop
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1313

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 10:27:23 PM

"AMD 6800 card just arrived, mining performance at default is amazing, it reached 1.5 times performance of 3090, or even more. I guess non of you will be able to buy this card…. what tests you guys want to see?"

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6800-50-faster-geforce-rtx-3090-at-crypto-mining-rumor/

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2274669-1-1.html

I wonder how true this statement really is.

I just saw this on wccftech, and I'm confused to be honest

I believe that AMD GPUs will be better for mining, but if we do the math, 120Mhs of 3090 RTX, are doing 3.43 USD daily, according to Nicehash Calculator
To gain 1.5 times more, the hashrate of ETH should be 180Mhs  Shocked Huh
It's insane, and if this is true, Infinity Cache is something big for miners

I don't know what to think right now, this is not good news, because nobody will have opportunity to buy cards this year  Angry Cheesy

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 11:27:57 PM

I just saw this on wccftech, and I'm confused to be honest

I believe that AMD GPUs will be better for mining, but if we do the math, 120Mhs of 3090 RTX, are doing 3.43 USD daily, according to Nicehash Calculator
To gain 1.5 times more, the hashrate of ETH should be 180Mhs  Shocked Huh
It's insane, and if this is true, Infinity Cache is something big for miners

I don't know what to think right now, this is not good news, because nobody will have opportunity to buy cards this year  Angry Cheesy

Don't let the hype get you out of control hehe, 1.5x x 3090 must be a specific algorithm and not everything.

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 02:55:48 AM

the compute units only small impact for memory mining like progpow,ethash

and surely for compute algo will soar but already crowding by fpga miner doesnt benefit for gpu mining

with infinite cache should be impact on memory mining in different way

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀