Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend or HODL Bitcoin during COVID-19?  (Read 1955 times)
3meek

Activity: 2408
Merit: 674

God, save BTC!

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 07:43:40 AM

First i was thinking that bitcoin price will fall because of covid 19(people sell their coins to fiat to avoide economic isseus) but what i see is that covid didnt affect crypto holders at all,as you can see the curent market situation

As practice has shown, COVID has not affected the cost of bitcoin (or influenced, but positively???)))....
Perhaps the first wave of the pandemic has artificially affected all markets? And now the world is ready for this situation! Therefore, the markets do not respond to the new wave...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikelpol

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 07:59:33 AM

I would not get greedy and gradually sell my bitcoins. Bitcoin is now growing due to news of the addition of cryptocurrency to PayPal and purchases of large investors. I think the price could go up to $ 30,000 and I would sell most of the bitcoins at that price.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Dewi89

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 08:41:11 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2020, 09:01:55 AM by Dewi89

Anyone who sells bitcoin before will regret it and better wait until next year's surprises. I've smelled a new ATH scent coming up soon so be patient, maybe my prediction is $25k for bitcoin and $2500 for ETH.
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 03:49:04 PM

it will depend on your goal, to be rich in bitcoin or fiat  Grin
we share the market with many big players now, mostly big companies and institutions. they called it a well-educated market.
you should think that those capitalists always stick to fiat.
they will take the profit soon, and they are more realistic about the gains.
but personally I risk everything to hodl  Grin
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 03:57:24 PM

many panicked by selling bitcoin in large quantities when covid 19 began to hit the world, but there were also those who held. but in my opinion today people who hold bitcoin are very lucky, because bitcoin has increased dramatically and bitcoin is not affected by covid 19 even with a drastic and high increase.
maybe it can be used as an experience if bitcoin will still be able to go up or down at any time, regardless of the situation
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 08:12:56 PM

many panicked by selling bitcoin in large quantities when covid 19 began to hit the world, but there were also those who held. but in my opinion today people who hold bitcoin are very lucky, because bitcoin has increased dramatically and bitcoin is not affected by covid 19 even with a drastic and high increase.
maybe it can be used as an experience if bitcoin will still be able to go up or down at any time, regardless of the situation
Those people must be jumping with joy as they are able to ride the bull run. Covid pandemic might be a factor in the drastic increase of bitcoin since people are stuck at home and forced to find some new ways to earn money.

I believe that ETH can do the same and we can still ride its bullish trend.

elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 02:24:27 AM

panic maybe because they really need fiat money and exchange it for the purpose of being able to make ends meet during the pandemic. What do we know that during the pandemic it is clear that jobs have stopped and there is no income, so we are forced to sell them. but for those who have funds, they are not worried because they know that bitcoin is not affected by the pandemic because there is a pandemic or not bitcoin can transact without any influence.

currently bitcoin has increased significantly so that those who can keep bitcoin in their wallets will receive encouraging results. but the sharp increase in bitcoin is predicted to occur next year and now is just a start. so don't let you not be able to enjoy the increase in bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 02:44:47 AM

I already spent some of my crypto holding because of the lock down.
I didn't have enough cash so I rely on crypto and started to make a small business in my neighborhood,
So far I could say that it is fine I manage to gain my capital and now I am making some profit.
it leaves us no choice but to take some part of our holdings,I also did same thing because of being afraid to be infected so i use crypto to purchase some items online and also pays for my bills the whole Pandemic lockdown.
Though month ago since the situation comes semi normal,i got to gather money to cover my withdrawals that time.
and now i am ready again for Holding.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 11:46:17 AM

I already spent some of my crypto holding because of the lock down.
I didn't have enough cash so I rely on crypto and started to make a small business in my neighborhood,
So far I could say that it is fine I manage to gain my capital and now I am making some profit.
it leaves us no choice but to take some part of our holdings,I also did same thing because of being afraid to be infected so i use crypto to purchase some items online and also pays for my bills the whole Pandemic lockdown.
Though month ago since the situation comes semi normal,i got to gather money to cover my withdrawals that time.
and now i am ready again for Holding.
That's totally understandable because choosing between spending or hodling our earned BTCs depends on our current situation. Almost all of us are affected by this crisis that we're facing. Some even lost their jobs and in order to feed their hungry stomachs and survive every day, they have to spend some, if not all, of their earned crypto.

As for me, though, I am fortunate enough to keep my crypto for hodling. And with that kind of price we currently have, I'm still up for hodling. My point is, the choice is yours. We cannot really suggest an exact thing for you to do, op, because our situations vary. Just do whatever it is you deem necessary.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 11:59:15 AM

During Covid-19, Bitcoin went up and down very easily. but after Covid-19 began to subside, now the Bitcoin price has jumped so high. And I think it doesn't matter if you really want to sell Bitcoin right now. Because the price has already hit $ 18.6k

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 12:08:34 PM

During Covid-19, Bitcoin went up and down very easily. but after Covid-19 began to subside, now the Bitcoin price has jumped so high. And I think it doesn't matter if you really want to sell Bitcoin right now. Because the price has already hit $ 18.6k

People who require money due to Covid or do not have jobs or salary is reduced are now partially or fully selling their investment in order to pay their bills and take care of family. Under such situation we have no option left but to sell it. But for those who can hold it then better to stay invested in it or want to make some profits then sell something as near 18k and almost fallen 1k from 19k.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 12:50:09 PM

People who require money due to Covid or do not have jobs or salary is reduced are now partially or fully selling their investment in order to pay their bills and take care of family. Under such situation we have no option left but to sell it. But for those who can hold it then better to stay invested in it or want to make some profits then sell something as near 18k and almost fallen 1k from 19k.

People are much worried about the job layoffs and bad economic condition. Everyone can't overcome the situation with ease. As mentioned those who weren't able to withstand the situation selling the holdings is the right choice, because now the price is somehow high and we don't know what's gonna happen then. If the market pumps it's good and if a situation prevails to cashout after market fall then it will once again destroy the economic situation.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 06:34:55 PM

People are much worried about the job layoffs and bad economic condition. Everyone can't overcome the situation with ease. As mentioned those who weren't able to withstand the situation selling the holdings is the right choice, because now the price is somehow high and we don't know what's gonna happen then. If the market pumps it's good and if a situation prevails to cashout after market fall then it will once again destroy the economic situation.

Completely agree with you, mate. Not everyone will be able to "hodl" Bitcoin, as we face difficult times during the pandemic. In a world where the mainstream economy is collapsing, it's important to focus on survival more than anything else. My guess is that more people will continue to sell Bitcoin if prices continue to surge across the market. The "hodlers" will be a small minority, mostly consisting of wealthy people and those with stable economic conditions (middle class). Others will simply sell Bitcoin in order to cash it out for Fiat. After all, most businesses and merchants are only accepting Fiat as a medium of exchange. For daily needs, government-backed currencies prove to be extremely convenient.

Nonetheless, the decision of selling or "hodling" Bitcoin will ultimately lie on the person himself. I've chosen to "hodl" my Bitcoin as it seems it'll be heading past its latest ATH of $20k per coin. 2021 could be a year filled with excitement for "hodlers" as Bitcoin reaches new ATHs in price. As long as you're able to maintain a financially-stable life, nothing should go wrong. It's not about greed, but rather how can you survive with what's available in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 07:21:36 PM

Covid 19 is just an occasion. Bitcoin has nothing to do with it but the effect is going to be realized. Because it is not a paper currency, it does not carry a virus. As a result, it can be spent comfortably. The matter of HOLD is different. Consider the price it carries. The hold depends on how much power and how much money can be taken up to risk.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 07:45:34 PM

Of course it depends on the aim of a person and concrete situation. Of course the situation with lots of jobless people and those who had to stay at home wothout salaries made them to go into crypto or remind themselves about their assets in BTC or other crypto. And of course benefits of using crypto were valued again from the other side. But those who hold Bitcoin in those days nowadays are becoming more and more happy)) looking today at the situation on the market.
ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2086
Merit: 449

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 09:37:33 PM

If you don't need that money immediately, then I recommend to HODL instead of spending it. Bitcoin is on a very good run and you could make nice profit. So, it depends on the situation you are in.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
franch

Activity: 1386
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:23:04 PM

In fact, it depends on people whether they will spend it or not, because at such a time it will be a little harder to make a profit, as the pandemic still exists.
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 06:29:42 PM

Bitcoin is a moving assets, which it have to do with a human need, base on the particular person, how urgent it needs by having a physical cash to survived. In other hand bitcoin price can not be compared with two months ago and above, because it has added value.
fauzan123

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 06:37:16 PM

If you don't need that money immediately, then I recommend to HODL instead of spending it. Bitcoin is on a very good run and you could make nice profit. So, it depends on the situation you are in.

Everything really depends on how big our needs are during the Covid-19 pandemic, of course this must also be carefully considered. Because considering the movement of bitcoin still looks positive, you need to think twice about selling it, I think if you don't need too much finance, it's better for HODL.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 06:47:29 PM

Bitcoin is a very volatile asset and its price always difficult to predict. But so far bitcoin has proven that it is an asset that is resilient to pandemic situation and its price is increasing. There are many factor that cause bitcoin price to increase especially as stock investor have entered the crypto market during the pandemic. The US election have also driven up price and it is evident that many who invested in the middle of this year have made big profit now.

The need for money during the pandemic may have driven people to sell some or all of their bitcoin. This is not wrong, because no one can forbid it. Lots of people have lost their jobs and maybe they can sell the bitcoin they got from campaign or otherwise to make ends meet, pay bills and so on.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████