Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 years after Bitcoin whitepaper was released  (Read 180 times)
Josefjix (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 303

yes

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 11:24:28 AM

Bitcoin has treated everyone equally with seamless transactions over the years, a lot adopted bitcoin, a lot of stories have been told over the years regarding the position of Bitcoin in global marketing and economies. It has played a major role in rolling out new ideas of cryptocurrencies solving more pressing issues. Indeed it is a symbol of Decentralization .

It has exposed the incompetency of Central Banks. Thanks to Nakamoto.. To mark its 12th birthday, PayPal  adopted bitcoin a news that sprung it's price a few thousands of dollar above what it had been trading a day before.
What exactly have you learnt using bitcoin after its 12 years?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Chris Barth

Activity: 569
Merit: 88

Credibility: 999

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 11:53:23 AM

PayPal accepting bitcoin happens to be one of the best news for the bitcoin white paper anniversary. I'm pretty much sure that wherever Satoshi Nakamoto is, he'd be glad to see that his goal is achieved on a daily basis. BTW, the anniversary was yesterday. Cheesy

Get a wallet and move some BTCs, here's mine: [12GZz7hegu8VCkJYHSuP3WTXg7LGXgL1vT]
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 12:34:54 PM

Not really seamless transactions. A truly seamless Bitcoin transaction remains a dream until today.

What stories do you refer to about Bitcoin's position in the global marketing and economies? Bitcoin's role in the economy right now is very minor.

Paypal's adoption of Bitcoin is a great failure of representing Bitcoin's basic design. It is a betrayal of Bitcoin itself. Paypal is obviously exploiting the increasing popularity of Bitcoin to make money.
choechristian00

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 05:52:03 AM

You simply need a Paypal account to make the first cryptocurrency purchase by leveraging Paypal. You must also register with a trading site or brokerage service that sells Paypal with digital currencies such as BTC, BCH, and ETH. There are a good number of services that allow users to pay the payment provider for their cryptos. Finally, you will also need a wallet with a cryptocurrency that supports the digital asset you want to buy. The wallet of Bitcoin.com is an outstanding noncustodial wallet solution that allows both BTC and BCH to be stored, sent and received.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 06:06:37 AM

What do you mean by "Bitcoin treated everyone equally"?Bitcoin is not a company or a person.
A minority of crypto whales,miners,early adopters and crypto trading platform creators benefited way more from Bitcoin than the average Bitcoin user.This isn't equal treatment. Grin
The transaction fees were OK a few years ago,now they suck,but I hope that the current fees will go down,as the price goes down next year.
Anyway,I really want Bitcoin to age like a fine wine and improve even further in the upcoming years.

Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2020, 06:58:28 AM

What do you mean by "Bitcoin treated everyone equally"?Bitcoin is not a company or a person.

I think what's meant by that statement is that BTC means equality. Sure that BTC isn't a company, but with BTC, we all enjoy same fee(depending on wallet), both old and new users. Bitcoin brought the financial revolution which is unstoppable and have also attracted the attention of institutions, both government and private.
Let's hope more companies like PayPal will see the bright side of cryptocurrency and this will drive the adoption across the globe.
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 822

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 08:53:04 AM

Bitcoin has treated everyone equally with seamless transactions over the years, a lot adopted bitcoin, a lot of stories have been told over the years regarding the position of Bitcoin in global marketing and economies. It has played a major role in rolling out new ideas of cryptocurrencies solving more pressing issues. Indeed it is a symbol of Decentralization .

I wouldn't call it seamless as well, bitcoin in the last twelve years has a lot of battles, from the Mt. Gox heist, to the exorbitant fees in 2017, attacks from forked coins like BCH and BSV and the FUD it got from mainstream media in the beginning.

It has exposed the incompetency of Central Banks. Thanks to Nakamoto.. To mark its 12th birthday, PayPal  adopted bitcoin a news that sprung it's price a few thousands of dollar above what it had been trading a day before.

Paypal entering the picture is a business decision, it has nothing to do with bitcoin celebrating its 12th anniversary. They can't really stop this revolution, so they might as well join and make money out of it. And so bitcoin marches towards another 12 years and we do hope that it will grow and be adopted globally.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 09:44:04 AM

I think PayPal had no alternative but to add Bitcoin and crypto because the community of crypto enthusiasts is growing. Every day there are more products that are launched to carry out financial transactions without the need for banks and in view of not losing ground and falling behind without entering the digital world offered by Bitcoin and crypto PayPal had to add them.

Let's remember what PayPal's position on Bitcoin was in the past.

June 25, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.investopedia.com/amp/news/former-paypal-ceo-calls-bitcoin-scam/

However good for PayPal for adding to Bitcoin because it is a necessary support for both parties.

Bitcoin in all these years has shown that it is the asset we need because it can reach anyone around the world without the need for all the procedures that banking requires.

Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2020, 10:59:15 AM

The past decade i.e from 2009-2019 will be written in the history books as they were one among the core important factors for bitcoin to be present today. If we didn't have enough good developers backing up satoshi in 2011 we wouldn't have seen bitcoin as it is today. The Linux foundation / introduction of GNU-Linux by Stallman and Torvalds was another completely different story as neither of them weren't anonymous as satoshi and almost everyone know that Linus is the lead maintainer of Linux Kernel. And since bitcoin was related to money, there were a lot more controversies and bad actors while comparing to the history of Linux. Many incompetent people stepped in the name of users and have abused the system but in the case of Linux, there was no need for these incompetent people to use Linux as they weren't of any help to them.

Sooner or later, we will be seeing btc being used as the reserve currency by abolishing USD and similarly Linux being used on home computers by becoming a tough competitor to Windows/Apple systems. Decentralization would be giving more power to the end users and we can tweak our usage as we like. Do you have any groundbreaking idea to scale the network, then go ahead and announce the proposal for the same!

If your idea can break Visa/MasterCard, then it will be a very welcoming change (well, we are already going to break them sooner) I would compare satoshi with Dennis Ritchie/Richard Stallman/Linus Torvalds as they were the most important persons behind modern computing and entrepreneurs like Brian, CZ, Winklevoss equivalent to Steve Jobs/Bill Gates as they were mere advertisers and businessman rather than the inventors.

Not really seamless transactions. A truly seamless Bitcoin transaction remains a dream until today.
Haven't you heard about Lightning Network?

Bitcoin's role in the economy right now is very minor.
That's because more people are willing to hodl rather than using them as a currency. Btw what do you mean by minor? Is $250 billion market cap and millions spent on mining bitcoin minor? I don't really think so!

Paypal's adoption of Bitcoin is a great failure of representing Bitcoin's basic design. It is a betrayal of Bitcoin itself.
Could you please elaborate this?
Josefjix (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 303

yes

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 11:26:12 AM

A minority of crypto whales,miners,early adopters and crypto trading platform creators benefited way more from Bitcoin than the average Bitcoin user.This isn't equal treatment. Grin
The transaction fees were OK a few years ago,now they suck,but I hope that the current fees will go down,as the price goes down next year.
Anyway,I really want Bitcoin to age like a fine wine and improve even further in the upcoming years.

The fees are high because the price of Bitcoin is high. If the price of Bitcoin goes down to $1000, the fees wouldn't be as high as it is currently. The miners work with higher gas fees. You can always manage priority whenever you're performing a transaction on the blockchain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 04:29:24 PM

Bitcoin was created for cheap, high-speed, and anonymous non-bank money transfers that are outlined in the whitepaper. Cost, speed, and anonymity matter so far as it doesn't really work as it claims. I very much hope that developers can help Bitcoin improve the above problems. In my opinion on technology beyond decentralization, Bitcoin has a long and bad technology.

BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 11:02:11 AM

What kind of stories are you expecting to hear from people? And for PayPal I don’t really see anything to be happy about in it, because most of these people are just here to be exploiting cryptocurrency and nothing else.

To be sincere I don’t like the way things are going now, everything is now becoming centralized, we know from the start Bitcoin was meant to be a decentralized currency, but now look at where we are heading to, it’s just decade and we are here, where are we going to be in future?

Things are starting to change to be sincere. We better find a way to fix up, or we wouldn’t like what we have gotten ourselves into.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 11:59:30 AM

Bitcoin's whitepaper still remained to impress and overwhelm my puny little mind even though I'm riding this train for about 7 years now. I still can't wrap my head around something so precisely crafted that it's still working a decade after its inception with only minor changes on its code. Unfortunately though, most services surrounding bitcoin is already being centralized and controlled by large entities that, up to now, I'm not sure whether the decentralized aspect of bitcoin would still ring true in the coming years. Even then, the inception of bitcoin and the presentation of its whitepaper on 2008 marked a change in the way we view money, that's for sure.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2436
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 12:14:44 PM

It has exposed the incompetency of Central Banks. Thanks to Nakamoto.. To mark its 12th birthday, PayPal  adopted bitcoin a news that sprung it's price a few thousands of dollar above what it had been trading a day before.

Nakamoto invented a genius technology which the government don't know how to deal with, they have tried several times to bring it down and they have failed, it shows the genuity of btc and blockchain, a technology that is now loved by millions and use frequently,
the financial institutions can no longer hide their very many flaws or keep deceiving people to continue relaying on their services any more, slowly the interest is shifting to digital payment, and thanks to paypal for igniting the already burning flame.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 12:29:10 PM

Bitcoin was released 12 years ago. I knew about bitcoin 8 years ago but I made a mistake because i doubted on it and set it aside since my family is saying that it might be a scam and waste of money. Bitcoin proves to all of us that it has a power to grow so when I knew that bitcoin now is really getting bigger and the users are having a big earnings I immediately invested on it but the bad thing is I still don't know how to earn and end up waiting for nothing. Someone helped me and that is my mentor, he told me to invest when the price is still low then sell it when it goes high.
coupable

Activity: 2380
Merit: 757

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 08:15:01 PM

That genius technology still need years for developpement to reach its goals in full. Twelve years is not that long period comparing to other brands in the market. However it's has potential to grow fast than others. Thank you Nakamoto for sharing your nice code, it's a complete doctrine to adopt and not just a simple project aiming to solve problems in few limited fields .
bgaisha

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 08:47:44 PM

About 90% of btc is own by few people. So btc isn't treated equally.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: