Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What technical indicators do you use and why  (Read 493 times)
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 04:27:18 AM

For medium and long term trades I can agree,,, and especially in times of sideways movement with low volatility periods. Problem with crypto anyway for me is the extreme swings that can happen in between that can eat up your stopd using any of those indicators, right?
Yeah, extreme swings happen and you don't want to be on its way when a swing happens. When doing short trades especially with margin trading, once I open a position, I keep an eye on the market until I have closed a position. If not, I at least makes sure there is a stop loss.

The indicators just act as a guide to me on what kind of judgement I can make along with the help of past trading experience and I don't entirely depend on them 100%
I think it is the main use of the indicators where it gives us idea on what will happen to price, it is just a guide and for me it is really not a signal. I use a lot of indicators like Elliot Wave, Donchian Channel, RSI and Moving Averages if I will trade using spot trading but my strategies will change if I will do a margin trading because I will switch to lower time frame because in margin trading; the higher the leverage, the faster the trade should be. I'm only relying on price action when I do margin trading but I'm using tools like horizontal and trend line for me to plot the support and resistance. I also make sure that all of my trade have stop loss in order for me to make sure that I will not suffer huge losses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 06:12:51 AM

I use Fibonacci retracement and also RSI, Fibonacci retracement is not actually indicator but it is a tool in order for me to measure the pullbacks and for me to identify the new support and the resistance. There are 2 ways to plot the Fibonacci, first if you want to know the support where you will plot in swing low first then in swing high. The second plotting is by measuring the resistance where you will plot the swing high first then swing low. Right now the price of the bitcoin is in uptrend and plotting it to swing low to swing high can give us information where the current support is. There are a lot of tools that are useful, I using trading view as charting platform and their features are really good.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: