Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:23:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] - Uniswap google ad scam  (Read 40 times)
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2020, 02:10:20 PM

if you search for app.uniswap on google.com, you will receive following list

first link in the list, that is sponsored by google ads, is a scam link, since uniswap.international is not official uniswap application link, it is app.uniswap.org

please be aware when searching for Uniswap, it could be easily missed
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 02:25:29 PM

You will see dozens of scam/phishing websites if you search in Google and they suddenly show ads. Based on my own experience and what I am seeing the forum Fake Ledger and Trezor websites sometimes pop in Google's search engine if you search them directly or just by searching the words "hardware wallet". I guess the only solution right now to avoid these things is for people if they do not know the official website is to either search extensively from their official social media websites and articles or to ask people directly whom you trust.
Furious 7

Activity: 2870
Merit: 665

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 03:39:46 PM

Google now supports service advertisements from the phishing site. This should be a tight security so that no one gets caught in the phishing site.

I am not surprised to see this and in the past many have also found like this the first list is a scam site where ordinary people will of course click the first one because they are sure it is the official site.

Oh never mind we have to be careful in looking at the official link.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 07:03:41 PM

Google now supports service advertisements from the phishing site. This should be a tight security so that no one gets caught in the phishing site.

I am not surprised to see this and in the past many have also found like this the first list is a scam site where ordinary people will of course click the first one because they are sure it is the official site.

Oh never mind we have to be careful in looking at the official link.

From what I have seen I think what they do is they make the website acceptable first in Google's ad placement standards and when their ads are up and running in their search engine this is the time where they change their website and turn it into a phishing website that is why they somehow bypass the security Google is trying to implement. If Google wants to improve on this kind of matter I think the best way to do it is to constantly monitor the changes happening from that link to see if there is something suspicious going on with what they are advertising.
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 07:16:18 PM

From what I have seen I think what they do is they make the website acceptable first in Google's ad placement standards and when their ads are up and running in their search engine this is the time where they change their website and turn it into a phishing website that is why they somehow bypass the security Google is trying to implement. If Google wants to improve on this kind of matter I think the best way to do it is to constantly monitor the changes happening from that link to see if there is something suspicious going on with what they are advertising.
Yeap,, this is how they get the approval for their Ads first and replace the phishing one after that. Although i am not sure about google recent ad rules but they go for initial review after getting report from anyone. In most cases this type of website owners follow strong SEO to bring their website on top suggests list.

To keep safer from these traps i always prefer to bookmark the real website for regular use but most new crypto user usually like to use browsers search bar. 

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████