Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:27:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing BCmint.com Physical Bitcoins 2020  (Read 3093 times)
Est2013

Activity: 399
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:11:59 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2022, 03:07:06 PM by Est2013

Lips sealed

PGP FINGERPRINT: D30B DBBF 5110 0DEB 73C9  4BCF 4590 5E19 1997 3FB5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KU5H
Copper Member

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 10:02:26 PM

I understand that things may be delayed especially with the pandemic. All I ask is for some communication, I havent heard anything since December 1st. Luckily I also payed with PayPal.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2020, 02:23:54 AM

I received an email today that they would be updating the forums tomorrow with a full explanation.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Warden_BCmint (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2020, 09:45:02 AM

Greetings from BCmint!

Apologies for the delay. We had delays of our packaging and decals and logos.

We are sorry for the wait, but we are happy with the final product.

All BCmint.com orders are complete and will be shipped first thing in the morning.

Tracking codes will follow shortly. 

We really appreciate your patience.

In addition to your 2020-A series orders, we also have included one free 2020-T series coin. These are from the TEST series of coins. There are 49 of these pre-production coins created in total. The one unique element to these test coins is that rather than the smooth edge of BCmint Physical Bitcoins, the 2020-T series coins have a gear edge. We are happy that you were among our first online orders, and we are very happy that these special TEST BCmint.com coins are going to a good home.

Again, sorry for the wait in shipping, and we are happy to report they are now on the way.

Attached is a photo of your order (in black) with samples of the finished BCmint Physical Bitcoins in Display Case on the left.

Please let us know what you think of the Physical Bitcoins once you receive them. We are eager for feedback as we are starting on 2021 series coins.

Thanks again,

Warden
BCmint.com
Warden_BCmint (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2020, 09:47:21 AM

I cannot speak for anyone's true intentions, but I have no concern this is any type of quick money grab, if thats what you are implying. From a pure logical perspective, that is way too work for a few $20 coins.

No, I meant it may be another scam. I've seen many here, so you really just never know.

Yes, a "quick money grab" was my friendly definition for a scam. I am trying to deter those insinuations, for now. Startups are challenging and public perceptions (esp here!) can easily cripple a new business by even suggesting it. I am not saying to blindly trust them, but it's too soon to make such leaps; imo.

Plus, it would be one weak ass scam using CC's and Paypal for payments. (One should build up customer trust to a $500 coin before you bounce  Grin) Either way, it looks as if they may have some early community damage control to attend to.

BCMint: Don't make me put my foot in my mouth and please provide us some good news this week! Cheesy

The coins in the cases are awesome.

The coins were ready a month ago, but the coin slab display cases were delayed and we had issue with the BCmint.com black decal for the case.  All is resolved, but it was a stressful couple of weeks of waiting for sure!

Now we get to wait for this community's feedback. Smiley

Est2013

Activity: 399
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 09:52:18 PM

I appreciate the update and the free 2020-T series coin!

PGP FINGERPRINT: D30B DBBF 5110 0DEB 73C9  4BCF 4590 5E19 1997 3FB5
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 09:18:03 PM

did anyone get a tracking number?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 09:25:17 PM

I did not but I have reveived a mail saying it's on its way with a picture of the order. Looking really nice.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 10:44:55 PM

I did not but I have reveived a mail saying it's on its way with a picture of the order. Looking really nice.

yes, I got that email too. guess we shall see.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 07:25:23 PM

Have the shipping issues been resolved? How soon can we expect shipments for new orders?
Warden_BCmint (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 07:05:19 AM

Our 2020-A first shipments were slowed due to delays in receiving the coin display cases.  We thought that was the end of our growing pains.

Our turnaround time to reship the now complete BCmint Physical Bitcoins in their new (awesome) display cases was immediate, and we were excited to get these coins to their new homes.

Your BCmint Physical Bitcoins are on the way, but here is why they are so very delayed:

Unfortunately, anything that could go wrong, did go wrong with our new venture.

We are located on Boracay Island; a small tourist island in the Philippines.  As we tried to ship out our now complete BCmint Physical Bitcoins, the local shipping company refused our packages as they looked like Bitcoin. We explained and provided supporting documentation that they were not actually Bitcoin, rather a cold storage wallet with no digital currency value. The local shipping company was not persuaded.

Instead, we loaded all the orders in a single box and put them on a commercial flight to Manila.  Surely here we could then ship our orders around the world.

The bitcoin gods were going to make us sweat, and it was not to be.

Once in the Manila, shipping companies would not let us export our souvenir novelty coins. We completed paperwork, opened corporate shipping accounts, and tried to speed through compliance.

Nothing was moving fast enough, and we were already so late…

We needed to get these coins to the closest country with world class shipping and courier services; Taiwan.

Again the box of orders was again put on an airplane; this time sent to Taiwan.

It has just arrived and is being sent to individuals around the world.

We are over a month late with our 2020-Alpha coins, and we are incredibly embarrassed and stressed.

Our sincere apologies.

Your coins are now definitely on the way.

Moving forward for the BCmint

It is now clear that there is a future for BCmint Physical Bitcoins and we are excited for what lies ahead.

2020-A coins will have a 1 month shipping timeframe. The remaining 2020-A coins will need to be shipping “the old way”

We plan to continue selling 2020-A coins until February or March 2021.

Moving into 2021-A Physical Bitcoins

We now look towards our 2021-A coin. Our priorities are to make a few very small improvements to the Physical Bitcoins; the metal coin and the hologram seal.

Most importantly, in the context of this message, we will stock one fulfillment address in the USA, and one fulfillment center in the EU so that orders can be immediately and timely.

2020-A Physical Bitcoins will be sent slowly with a 1 month delivery time frame while supplies last.

2021-A Physical Bitcoins will be shipped normally and professionally through fulfillment centers in the USA/EU with sales starting in Q2-2021.

We look forward to this community’s feedback on the 2020-A BCmint Physical Bitcoins once you receive them. Sorry for the long wait. We hope you feel that they are worth it.  Your understanding is tremendously appreciated.

Merry Christmas,

Warden

BCmint.com
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 07:12:30 AM

Our 2020-A first shipments were slowed due to delays in receiving the coin display cases.  We thought that was the end of our growing pains.

Our turnaround time to reship the now complete BCmint Physical Bitcoins in their new (awesome) display cases was immediate, and we were excited to get these coins to their new homes.

Your BCmint Physical Bitcoins are on the way, but here is why they are so very delayed:

We are located on Boracay Island; a small tourist island in the Philippines.  As we tried to ship out our now complete BCmint Physical Bitcoins, the local shipping company refused our packages as they looked like Bitcoin. We explained and provided supporting documentation that they were not actually Bitcoin, rather a cold storage wallet with no digital currency value. The local shipping company was not persuaded.

Instead, we loaded all the orders in a single box and put them on a commercial flight to Manila.  Surely here we could then ship our orders around the world.

Once in the Manila, shipping companies would not let us export our souvenir novelty coins. We completed paperwork, opened corporate shipping accounts, and tried to speed through compliance.

We needed to get these coins to the closest country with world class shipping and courier services; Taiwan.

We are over a month late with our 2020-Alpha coins, and we are incredibly embarrassed and stressed.

Our sincere apologies.

It is now clear that there is a future for BCmint Physical Bitcoins and we are excited for what lies ahead.

2020-A coins will have a 1 month shipping timeframe. The remaining 2020-A coins will need to be shipping “the old way”

We now look towards our 2021-A coin. Our priorities are to make a few very small improvements to the Physical Bitcoins; the metal coin and the hologram seal.

Most importantly, in the context of this message, we will stock one fulfillment address in the USA, and one fulfillment center in the EU so that orders can be immediately and timely.

2020-A Physical Bitcoins will be sent slowly with a 1 month delivery time frame while supplies last.

2021-A Physical Bitcoins will be shipped normally and professionally through fulfillment centers in the USA/EU with sales starting in Q2-2021.

We look forward to this community’s feedback on the 2020-A BCmint Physical Bitcoins once you receive them. Sorry for the long wait. We hope you feel that they are worth it.  Your understanding is tremendously appreciated.

Merry Christmas,

Warden

BCmint.com

Thanks for the update. I am sure everyone will be happy to hear the updates and we look forward to receiving our coins.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
tweetious

Activity: 1946
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 01:50:43 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2020, 02:41:08 PM by tweetious

Thanks for the update.

I have some questions:

As we tried to ship out our now complete BCmint Physical Bitcoins, the local shipping company refused our packages as they looked like Bitcoin. We explained and provided supporting documentation that they were not actually Bitcoin, rather a cold storage wallet with no digital currency value. The local shipping company was not persuaded.

1) How the local shipping company figured out that those coins look like Bitcoin?

2) How a Bitcoin looks like?  Grin

3) You provided some envelopes with the content description "souvenir novelty tokens" (in the customs declaration form), and the shipping company figured out that the content is bitcoin? How?

4) Did they open the parcel/envelope for inspection, saw the content (display case & coin), and figured out that those are bitcoins?

5) You labelled the display case as "Physical bitcoin" and also the bubblewrap envelopes as "Physical bitcoin". Did "the local shipping company refused our packages as they looked like Bitcoin" OR because they were labelled as "physical bitcoin"?  Roll Eyes

6) You sent something labelled as "physical bitcoin" and then tried to explain that it is not "physical bitcoin", but something else?  Huh

Our sincere apologies.

1) Why we did not receive a tracking number for our parcel yet (since those were already sent)?

2) Will we receive a tracking number for our parcel?

Merry Xmass & a happy new year!

Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 05:04:36 PM

Our sincere apologies.

Merry Christmas,

Warden

BCmint.com

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's all resolved now and we can look forward to receiving our shipments. Smiley
Warden_BCmint (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 06:03:49 AM

Hi tweetious.
Please let me reply to your questions  below:

Warden
BCmint.com

1) How the local shipping company figured out that those coins look like Bitcoin?

2) How a Bitcoin looks like?  

Yes, the shipping company opened and inspected.

3) You provided some envelopes with the content description "souvenir novelty tokens" (in the customs declaration form), and the shipping company figured out that the content is bitcoin? How?

4) Did they open the parcel/envelope for inspection, saw the content (display case & coin), and figured out that those are bitcoins?

Yes, they opened the package, and look down at a big beautiful ₿ looking right back up at them

5) You labelled the display case as "Physical bitcoin" and also the bubblewrap envelopes as "Physical bitcoin". Did "the local shipping company refused our packages as they looked like Bitcoin" OR because they were labelled as "physical bitcoin"?

6) You sent something labelled as "physical bitcoin" and then tried to explain that it is not "physical bitcoin", but something else?  Huh

The declaration and argument was that it was not actual Bitcoin, rather a physical representation of the digital currency; without actually storing any currency.  They were not persuaded. Yes the issue was that it LOOKS like what they think of as bitcoin.

1) Why we did not receive a tracking number for our parcel yet (since those were already sent)?

2) Will we receive a tracking number for our parcel?

We were shipping these commercial on airlines (twice) as a big box containing all the first wave of online orders from mid-November to mid-December. Our friend/partner is shipping the individual packages to end customers from Taiwan.  As soon as we get the log of tracking numbers, we will send that all waiting customers.  I know you have all been amazingly patient; please give us a couple more days to sort out the tracking numbers.

Merry Xmas & a happy new year!

Happy Holidays as well. Again thank you for your understanding and patience. Very much appreciated, and hope that the the final product received is well worth the wait Smiley
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:09:54 PM

Smiley Super thanks Warden for this update, looking good.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
tweetious

Activity: 1946
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 03:19:47 PM

@Warden_BCmint thanks for replying to my questions.

I really appreciated the fact that you communicated with us what happened & for your dedication to finding alternatives for delivering the parcels.

I guess that lessons learned, and 2021-A coin batch "will be shipped normally and professionally through fulfillment centers in the USA/EU " as you said.
KU5H
Copper Member

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 03:27:32 PM

Any news on when these will be shipping or if they are even legit? Getting ridiculous at this point..
Dumbastronaut

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 04:27:31 PM

He stopped replying to my emails over 2 weeks ago already and fails to provide tracking.

Thankfully I paid through PayPal, going to give it another week before I open up a claim

This all smells like a scam

@Astronode
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 05:58:04 PM

yea, it does not look good but it seems like a lot of work for very little rewards if it is a scam.

And my last email response from them was 12/15 so almost a month.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: