Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:09:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: do not use POOLIN WALLET !!  (Read 192 times)
andromeda.kiwi (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 09:28:13 PM

HEADS UP! If you care about your privacy, don't trust POOLIN with your crypto for they will require foto / face ID to withdraw funds!

I signed to POOLIN for BTC mining purposes, unfortunately had to sell the miner and still had 270k in my funds, bellow the minimum automatic payment threshold. I needed to either start mining again or could withdraw funds to pooling wallet and then send to any other address. Unfortunately upon withdrawing to my temporary pooling wallet, i'm required fotos of my national ID card, drivers license and full face recognition ! WTF i'm so furious with this, who in their right minds will give their identity information to China !??

It's not a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless, never trust these guys again!
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 10:05:26 PM

I don't know much about mining and how payments are made to individual miners but is there any reason you opted for a wallet that is custodial?
Is having a poolin wallet mandatory for a miner who's using poolin mining pool?

So what reason do they give for asking for your national ID card, driver's license and full face recognition? I mean you just mined your BTC, it isn't like you bought it and tried to launder money through it  Grin

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 10:18:30 PM

Are you talking about a Poolin wallet, not the mining pool?
Or are you talking about a wallet which is this domain below?

Code:
poolin.fi

It seems this domain is new according to whois. It was created 2 months ago.

Code:
domain.............: poolin.fi
status.............: Registered
created............: 27.9.2020 11:19:22
expires............: 27.9.2021 11:19:22
available..........: 27.10.2021 11:19:22
modified...........: 27.9.2020

However, it seems it's a legit domain from poolin because I saw this domain from this page https://www.poolin.com/mining-instructions

Why don't you just give your IDs for verification and maybe they just want to make sure that you are the real owner of that account? Just like the above said you just mine it with your own so you don't need to be a worry or maybe you don't own this?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1323

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 10:45:41 PM

still had 270k in my funds, bellow the minimum automatic payment threshold

Am I the only one thinking this sentence is a bit odd? It's true that I have no clue about mining, but a site having automatic (I guess OP mean minimum) payment thresholds of more than 250k does raise some serious red flags in my brain....

BitMaxz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 11:17:22 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Am I the only one thinking this sentence is a bit odd? It's true that I have no clue about mining, but a site having automatic (I guess OP mean minimum) payment thresholds of more than 250k does raise some serious red flags in my brain....

The pool(poolin.com) supports a custom threshold and has default minimum threshold so he should receive the BTC that he already mine after he reach the minimum withdrawal threshold to the set address.

So he might be talking about the wallet from poolinwallet.com and switch to new domain which is poolin.fi.

I tried to check their privacy policy and redirect me here https://h5.poolin.com/license/wallet_privacy_en.html
I don't see that they require photos, IDs and full face recognition but they require this.

Things you create or provide to us
1) When you create an account on the Website or other platform operated by the Company, you provide us with personal information that includes your phone number, email address and a password.

2) When you are using our mining services, we will collect information like number of miners, hashrate, earnings, wallet address, IP location etc. for the purpose of presenting information to you and for your convenience of management.

3) When you are using other specific products and/or services, for example online activities, gift campaign or others, you may need to provide extra information, including your name, gender, recipient address, company name etc. You do not need to provide such information if not use those specialized products or services.

4) We collect information about your activity in our services. For example, when you are using the help center, we will collect your search record and articles your click and the reviews you post. You have the right not to provide those data, but this may lead to your failure to use those functions.

There might have other reason why they ask for a photo of you and IDs for KYC. Maybe they ask it because you log in to different location with different IP or you log in to different device? This is just what I see according to their privacy policy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
1GUARDIAN

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 12:34:44 PM

All this just goes to show once again that any project which you are going to associate your time and money should first be thoroughly studied.

Because these "pitfalls" are exactly the same things which help these guys make money on.

If you had studied more carefully everything, you might not have got into a situation when you are faced with a choice - either to lose your money, or to reveal your identity to an unreliable party.
andromeda.kiwi (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 09:32:14 PM

Right, i reckon english is not my native language but didn't think it would be this confusing, let me try to clarify

I bought antminer S9SE and joined poolin.com to start mining BTC.
Setup my account to transfer funds to my electrum wallet as soon as it reaches the minimum amount (500k satoshi)
Had to shutdown the miner prematurly leaving me with a 270k balance which was then stuck on poolin.com

At this point i had two options:

Start mining again until i reach the minimum 500k satoshi and receive the automatic payment to my electrum wallet OR as stated on poolin.com

How to Withdraw Balance Below Minimum Threshold?
https://help.poolin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035483352-How-to-Withdraw-Balance-Below-Minimum-Threshold-

What is the minimum payout amount for each currency?
Bitcoin: 0.005 BTC

All currencies support custom threshold. The above thresholds are default settings.

* Minimum threshold may be updated.

If your balance cannot reach the minimum payout threshold, please withdraw the balance by Poolin Wallet.

Being the latter my only realistic option, i setup a pooling wallet.
Received the funds.
Tried to send to my original wallet and i'm forced to provide my identity to the chinese government!!
BitMaxz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2020, 10:58:29 PM

~snip~

Now, I see that's why you use the poolin wallet because you can't able to reach the minimum withdrawal of 0.005BTC or 500k sat. I thought that the 270k funds you talking about are 270k in USD,

For now, the only solution to this if you want to withdraw the amount from poolin wallet is to provide your identity and you can trust them because it was trusted pool since before. Or try to ask them from their telegram that if you can withdraw your funds from their wallet without providing your identity for privacy purposes. You can contact them from here https://t.me/poolinwallet

Next time if you can able to reach that minimum withdrawal 0.005BTC you can switch to other mining pool that you can able to withdraw at low like ViaBTC the minimum withdrawal is 0.001BTC or 100k sat.

Check the other mining pool from here https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin and look for other pool that you can able to withdraw with lower minimum payment.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████