Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading losses  (Read 510 times)
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 12:08:13 PM

Some want to increase their BTC holding, and they trade it with other altcoins pairs. Either BTC move up or down, all these altcoins get crushed resulting in a massive loss.
they trade using bitcoin they have , but unfortunately they wrong analizing coin in portofolio . for traders that have no enough skill its better to hold bitcoin or ethereum that have lower risk if use it to trade.

If you want to trade, be prepared for the consequences of losses. When you buy, you have a set time limit that you set yourself to hold and must sell it at the right time (either up or down).

If you want BTC to profit on the basis of believing it will grow, then hold BTC for a long time with patience. However, when you start also matters.
loss must calculated before we trading, it will happen to us so making trading journal will help us to face and minimize it.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 04:43:04 PM

Can someone balance me real quick, how do people get losses even though we know that Bitcoin is destined for growth?
is it because people are looking to buy and sell quickly which may result in a loss if market falls?
Because in my view i feel like buying and holding on to your bitcoin until its value has increased(which is an assured) will always set you for profits.
There could be multiple reasons why a trader is facing losses even with bitcoin market. You must note down, only bitcoin investments in long-term will be 100% profitable but if you're trying to trade bitcoins then you might get your technical part failed because of unpredictable wild volatile nature of bitcoin markets.

In simple words, if you invest with bitcoins then there are definite chances to be profitable in the long run whereas trading bitcoins especially with the leverage might get you losses 9 out of 10 attempts.

One possible solution could be, you may try to trade bitcoins but only in spot market but with the plans of converting your trades into investment if market is not going in your direction. It means you may trade as per your expectation and in unexpected situations at least in short-term you can get profits.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 06:56:40 PM

Can someone balance me real quick, how do people get losses even though we know that Bitcoin is destined for growth?
is it because people are looking to buy and sell quickly which may result in a loss if market falls?
Because in my view i feel like buying and holding on to your bitcoin until its value has increased(which is an assured) will always set you for profits.

please correct me if im wrong...
During my life I have read many books about trading and if I was to write one the very first thing that I will explain will be that in order for anyone to turn a profit then someone else needs to incur losses, the markets are a zero sum game, if a trader has 10 dollars and a second trader has 8 dollars and the second trader eventually finds itself with 12 dollars then that must mean that the first trader lost 4 dollars and now is only holding 6, and technically speaking he should be holding even less than that due to the exchange fees.

So if you are making profits while you are holding your coins then that means that someone else sold their bitcoin for a bad price at a bad moment and you and other people are the fortunate winners of their bad calls.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 10:36:16 PM

Every decision has a corresponding result. Some traders had suffered losses because they want it to happen. Making a profit is the main goal of traders why they have to take the risk but can't deny as well that some people lost their confidence and make decisions that can harm themselves. This is to say not all have been in trading are meant to succeed but some of them also are destined to fail. And certainly, this is not the place for weak hands people who easily change their mindset once see's red lines.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 06:42:46 AM

Here's what make it trading, whwn you're selling there must be someone willing to buy and when you're buying, there also has to be someone willing to sell at that price. Therefore in every point of a buy or sell in the market, someone is likely marking a decision that isn't going in the direction although f the market. He/she is betting against the market either it'll dump or raise higher meaning there will always be someone in a loss.

Understandable what you highlighted can be achieved but then you won't have to be a trader but an Investors as they're the set of users that rely their investment success mainly on patience and not smartness as they traders try to do with their skills and probably other valuable knowledge they must have acquired as a result of heir years of experience in the market. We also have other advance trading technique that traders leverage on like margin trading and contract which can either favour them or not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 06:54:17 AM

Bitcoin price is destined for growth "in the long run". There are people who buys at higher price, and when they see the price dropping, they become anxious and ends up selling everything they had, thus making a substantial loss. If only people knew that when the price drops, the number of coins they are holding is still the same and he/she hasn't incurred any loss. You only make a loss when you SELL it as lower price. And then there are altcoin traders. They invest in those shitcoins by trading bitcoin. Those shitcoins price gets dumped. The coin dies and the person loses his bitcoin.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 10:31:30 AM

Holding Bitcoins won't give you gurantee that in future the price will rise high and you will yield huge profits.
Rather the price of Bitcoin, depends upon their users.
Bitcoins follow the policy of supply and demand. There is a fixed amount of supply and in future if the demand is more then only the price will rise and you will get Profit.
If the vice versa happens, be ready to get into debts.

And i too also suggest people to hold stable Coins to gain minimal loss , else if you choose volatile coins then surely loss will sit on your head.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Alucard1

Activity: 574
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 10:48:58 AM

That is why you lose in trading because of thinking that bitcoin will stay on increasing, that is not true it can still go down, there is no right prediction about the movement of the bitcoin, maybe you should learn more things about cryptocurrency, try to gain more knowledge through searching in their internet or watching some tutorials on youtube or better learn from this forum. If the bitcoin will only stay on increasing then probably its value is almost a million and there would be no investment and trading for it.

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 11:46:44 AM

but basically, you have to often learn from the knowledge that is always here, you just need to study and if you don't understand, you can ask questions. because if you already want to join crypto then you have to accept all the consequences that occur if you have done it. but when it comes to luck, sometimes luck is not from you just following crypto or have been following it for a long time, because the problem of luck can be obtained by anyone.

the basic principle is that you buy when the price is down and sell it when you think you need to sell it because luck is there. everything comes back because of experience that continues to be honed in order to know when to take these actions.

There is luck in trading but professional traders especially those who are consistently making profit from the market are not depending on luck. People think that you can gain huge money if you will depend on luck especially the new people in the market but it is not true because the real secret in trading is mastery of the strategies and also many experiences in the market. Those people think that professional traders are so lucky and it is the reason why they became profitable, I can considered it as a myth because professional traders are also experiencing losses but they have good risk management and it is the reason why they manage to have small losses only. Holding or buying bitcoin doesn't guarantee that we are going to have a profit, it is one of the misconception that I wanted to remove because those who are not yet have foundation think that they will easily gain profit if they put money on bitcoin. 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 12:13:23 PM

That is why you lose in trading because of thinking that bitcoin will stay on increasing, that is not true it can still go down, there is no right prediction about the movement of the bitcoin, maybe you should learn more things about cryptocurrency, try to gain more knowledge through searching in their internet or watching some tutorials on youtube or better learn from this forum. If the bitcoin will only stay on increasing then probably its value is almost a million and there would be no investment and trading for it.
^ Definitely right, probably it will work if OP will hold for a long time and that is what we called, trading for a long term purpose. All you have to do is to wait when the market increases the price. We all know that trading is very risky in making money due to the very volatile market we don't know where the bitcoin price heading at. People use this strategy in trading, just buy when the price drops and sell when the price is up to cut your profit immediately, but until when you will wait for this kind of strategy since you can't predict the market price. Nevertheless, I rather choose to hold for the long term and wait until my profit was there.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 12:49:20 PM

This involves counting human psychology when trading. Because they cannot hold their stance, they are often intimidated by the crowd and must act blindly. That is why new traders often lose a lot before they can make a lot of money.
Not only does Fomo make traders lose money, it also depends on human greed. as long as you are greedy for one more second the risk of your portfolio will increase again. That is the experience I learned in 3 years trading in the crypto market.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████