Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:33:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got an idea for a bitcoin game? Want to make some BTC???  (Read 1610 times)
joeyjoe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 08:41:58 PM

I'm looking to create another bitcoin game, I previously created and sold bittleships.com - and created a lotto site interbitlotto.

If you have an idea for a game and want to earn some btc, send me a PM or reply here.

Any unique idea's will be considered.

Joe

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 08:46:34 PM

ygpm

(BFL)^2 < 0
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 08:49:36 PM

ygpm

Thanks, replied.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 10:39:19 PM

I would like to see non-gambling games integrated with BTC, where you can bet on your own game or use coins as points. I for one would love to be able to use Bitcoins as points on WebDiplomacy. Even Chess could be fun. Though rigged games would be an issue when there are more than 2 players, so Bitcoin would need to be accompanied with a reputation/trust system. Pot limit could be low, to keep it just for fun. There are many games already implemented as open-source and are mature enough.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 10:59:46 PM

I thought a bitcoin-themed RPG would be good, reminiscent of the final fantasy series.  The thing I think that would be most interesting is if the BTC in the game represented real life BTC.  Essentially, this would be a gambling RPG...

General premises:

1)  To begin playing, you must deposit a certain amount of BTC.  BTC will be the in-game currency, except the BTC used/spent/gained in the game will be real-life BTC.
2)  The incentive to deposit BTC at the start influences your ability to complete the game.  Weapons, armor, items, etc. in the game will require (real) BTC to purchase.  Thus, the more BTC you deposit, the easier the game will be, though the difficulty should plateau at some point -- somehow, there should always be an element of luck involved where the player can lose what he has invested.
3)  The game will have the potential to reward players with real earnings.  For example, whatever amount of BTC the player completes the game with will be rewarded to him after the game.  If the player loses the game, he will also lose some amount of BTC (either all of it as in "game over," or he may be able to restart from some point with only some of his BTC missing).
4)  The game will have to be well balanced mathematically to ensure a proper difficulty level.  After all, we wouldn't want someone to easily manipulate the game so that they can acquire a massive amount of earnings without also facing a large risk of loss-- the point is that the game should be fun to play, but it should also allow for a real chance of earning real life BTC.

It would be one hell of a project to design, but I bet a lot of people would play it.  I know I would.

Edit:  Another idea would be to adjust the difficulty of the game based upon the amount of BTC initially deposit.  For example, let's say I deposit 1 BTC.  This may give me the potential to earn 2 BTC if I complete the game.  But let's instead pretend I initially deposited 2 BTC, and this would give me a potential to earn 4 BTC if I complete the game.  Because my initial deposit is twice as much and I will be able to buy twice as many items in the game (at least initially), perhaps certain factors of the game could increase in difficulty to match the deposit.  The goal of this would be to keep the game equally difficult no matter how many BTC are initially invested.  So, while I may be able to buy stronger weapons and armor to begin, the enemies may be more difficult.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 01:21:07 AM

I'm looking to create another bitcoin game, I previously created and sold bittleships.com - and created a lotto site interbitlotto.

If you have an idea for a game and want to earn some btc, send me a PM or reply here.

Joe

interbitlotto aka pure nappy cakes?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:53:52 PM

There are 3 balloons, one has x2 your bet in it, one has nothing and another has a "try again for .5 your bet" sticker in it, which allows you to choose from the remaining two balloons

hi
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:21:08 PM

Joe

interbitlotto aka pure nappy cakes?

The lotto isnt used anymore, so I forwarded the domain to an old website for a company as reference since I've created a new site for them.

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2011, 04:49:21 AM

Joe

Angry bit... birds.... if you get my drift.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 05:14:59 AM

Guess the time or Quake Predictor or (Some Better Name)

Some it start with seeding 0.01 BTC.  Then a clock starts toward an unknown time.  If the clock stops on the next person who bets next in increments of 0.01BTC (or what is best for you) they will win the both bets (0.02BTC) minus 5% fee.  If anyone else bets then he will win the new larger pot.  So on.  So the last person to bet before the random clock stops wins the whole pot minus 5%( or 4% or 3% ...) 

I think it would be much more fun if it could be tied to a random real world event, such as Earthquakes over 5.0 or solar flares, but of course that would require an API you could integrate in to your site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: