Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 05:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Query] What happens after I send 32 ETH to depositcontract.eth?  (Read 46 times)
BK_099 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 08:13:14 AM

Obvious answer - it will be transferred to deposit address. Grin

So, 2.0 mainnet deposit address is launched yesterday. I wanted to understand what happens after I send 32 ETH to deposit contract. Launchpad is open to have the same amount of 2.0 Ether as of now, I think. (correct me if I'm wrong) So, here are my queries...

1. How and when can I stake them? If today, is it advisable?
2. If I do nothing after sending them to depositcontract.eth, will I be eligible for staking reward?
3. If "no" to my 2nd question, what's the point of sending them now as it will eventually be converted to ETH2.0 after phase 2.

If there's a complete guide, please state as a reference. Otherwise, I think this community will certainly clear my queries. Let's have a discussion!
Rawbit

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 01:44:52 PM

Here are the steps - https://launchpad.ethereum.org
Tushar Ramani

Activity: 400
Merit: 15

Crypto Ghost Since 2017

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 12:42:19 PM

Obvious answer - it will be transferred to deposit address. Grin

So, 2.0 mainnet deposit address is launched yesterday. I wanted to understand what happens after I send 32 ETH to deposit contract. Launchpad is open to have the same amount of 2.0 Ether as of now, I think. (correct me if I'm wrong) So, here are my queries...

1. How and when can I stake them? If today, is it advisable?
2. If I do nothing after sending them to depositcontract.eth, will I be eligible for staking reward?
3. If "no" to my 2nd question, what's the point of sending them now as it will eventually be converted to ETH2.0 after phase 2.

If there's a complete guide, please state as a reference. Otherwise, I think this community will certainly clear my queries. Let's have a discussion!

1. You can stake them within 24 hours. (considering blockchain syncing period and depositing conformation on ETH1.0 blockchain) There are no bugs at the moment and if you can maintain your validator node alive 24x7, yes you can go ahead.
2. This is not staking where you would just send you ETH and enjoy rewards. You are becoming a validator and you are required to setup validator address. If you are not sure about the process, you can establish one on the testnet. Here is the guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCzhweRDTM
3. Read my 2nd point.

I hope that I cleared your queries.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: