Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instant BTC + ETH Trading Made Possible By Stakenet - XSN  (Read 449 times)
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 08:18:46 AM

Never really heard about this project before, but sounds pretty promising. Have they made successful ETH swaps on The Raiden Network yet? That's all I want to know  Cheesy
XSN decided to go with Connext instead of Raiden because it is stable, you can use real ETH instead of wETH and they actively work towards 3rd party integration.

According to the Connext devs, ETH interop has been running in production for 3+ weeks with 0 downtimes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TopGunLover

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 06:46:12 PM

Never really heard about this project before, but sounds pretty promising. Have they made successful ETH swaps on The Raiden Network yet? That's all I want to know  Cheesy
XSN decided to go with Connext instead of Raiden because it is stable, you can use real ETH instead of wETH and they actively work towards 3rd party integration.
https://i.imgur.com/1tdKRkD.png
According to the Connext devs, ETH interop has been running in production for 3+ weeks with 0 downtimes.

Been reading about this project on 4chan/biz as of lately. Been seeing a lot of FUD, but nothing with much substance in it though.

What's the timeline for connext to be integrated into their project? It looks quite promising.
nightflightcourt

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 01:13:49 AM

Been reading about this project on 4chan/biz as of lately. Been seeing a lot of FUD, but nothing with much substance in it though.

What's the timeline for connext to be integrated into their project? It looks quite promising.
X9 has been working on integrating ETH private keys into the DEX since mid-Summer at the latest. They announced that it was coming to private builds at the start of this month. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it by EOY.
TopGunLover

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 07:13:28 PM

https://i.imgur.com/1tdKRkD.png

X9 has been working on integrating ETH private keys into the DEX since mid-Summer at the latest. They announced that it was coming to private builds at the start of this month. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it by EOY.

Sounds awesome! Thanks Smiley

This is definitely on my watch list!
BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 06:00:40 PM

Stakenet is really a great DEXs platform that can support Defi projects, but at the moment Stakenet doesn't have many real users. Although the above articles are quite complete about the introduction of features and technology of Stakenet, that is not enough. It's best to create a bounty campaign and do AMA in communities in which you feel important.
So if you want to do AMA in large communities please contact me, I am managing a sizable community of about 13k people and lots of Vietnamese KOLs.
My telegram username: @ payheree88
Don't hesitate to PM me to get the big discount.

Well, the DEX volume has  increased a lot the past few months, more and more people trades on their platform, and I'm sure as soon as ETH is integrated that a LOT of Uniswap users will move over to a cheaper and faster alternative  Grin
TDLM

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:20:32 AM

Stakenet is really a great DEXs platform that can support Defi projects, but at the moment Stakenet doesn't have many real users. Although the above articles are quite complete about the introduction of features and technology of Stakenet, that is not enough. It's best to create a bounty campaign and do AMA in communities in which you feel important.
So if you want to do AMA in large communities please contact me, I am managing a sizable community of about 13k people and lots of Vietnamese KOLs.

Well, the DEX volume has  increased a lot the past few months, more and more people trades on their platform, and I'm sure as soon as ETH is integrated that a LOT of Uniswap users will move over to a cheaper and faster alternative  Grin
I think most of that volume is bot stress testing, so they can push the lightning network more and see what it is capable of. This also allows them to show that lightning can scale.
nightflightcourt

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:49:51 AM

I think most of that volume is bot stress testing, so they can push the lightning network more and see what it is capable of. This also allows them to show that lightning can scale.
I can attest that, at least so far, volume has not affected the speed of LN swaps in any way.
The busiest 24h trading volume days guaranteed swaps that were just as fast as the slowest.  Smiley
Marckolind (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:11:13 PM

True, however the overall volume was pretty impressive before they even started stress testing considering it was in closed beta. I'm sure the simplicity of the DEX has a lot to say. Convenience plays a huge factor when you look at an exchange and how successful it really is. Uniswap is a great example of that, despite slow and expensive.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:22:38 PM

How much fees asked there for simple BTC to ethereum convertion ? Is this one working the same as shapeshift where you only need to transfer amount and you will recieve it in provided address .i use that website in early 2017 when they are not requiring kyc for easy trade but not now. Is that exchange also asking to be verified with identity required?

Can you also trade in that exchange from ethereum to BTC and vice versa?
nightflightcourt

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 07:03:07 AM

How much fees asked there for simple BTC to ethereum convertion ? Is this one working the same as shapeshift where you only need to transfer amount and you will recieve it in provided address .i use that website in early 2017 when they are not requiring kyc for easy trade but not now. Is that exchange also asking to be verified with identity required?

Afaik, if you start with standard BTC you pay the on-chain tx and a tiny channel rental fee once (all automated) to move it to L2 and swap it into ETH. From there, it's on L2. The same is true in the case of Ethereum. Start with ETH on L1, pay the on-chain fee and tiny channel rental fee once. The rest is done on L2.
Was shapeshift a mixing coin mixing service? I remember there were a few places that acted as custodians and triggered exchanges immediately, but they are in a rather murky area legally-speaking and are also capable of pulling an exit scam.
The biggest appeals to using Stakenet DEX are: no accounts, no KYC, non-custodial wallets, fast sync times, and no need to manually download individual blockchains for every coin you want to swap into. Your wallets and your keys are always yours and yours alone.
Marckolind (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 02:59:02 PM

Afaik, if you start with standard BTC you pay the on-chain tx and a tiny channel rental fee once (all automated) to move it to L2 and swap it into ETH. From there, it's on L2. The same is true in the case of Ethereum. Start with ETH on L1, pay the on-chain fee and tiny channel rental fee once. The rest is done on L2.
Was shapeshift a mixing coin mixing service? I remember there were a few places that acted as custodians and triggered exchanges immediately, but they are in a rather murky area legally-speaking and are also capable of pulling an exit scam.
The biggest appeals to using Stakenet DEX are: no accounts, no KYC, non-custodial wallets, fast sync times, and no need to manually download individual blockchains for every coin you want to swap into. Your wallets and your keys are always yours and yours alone.

Stakenet's simple swap service actually looks a LOT like Shapeshifts layout. Works pretty much the same, so it's a great alternative to how Shapeshift used to work (before KYC).

nightflightcourt

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 03:35:15 PM

Stakenet's simple swap service actually looks a LOT like Shapeshifts layout. Works pretty much the same, so it's a great alternative to how Shapeshift used to work (before KYC).

SSUI is looking good.  Smiley
TopGunLover

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 06:57:22 PM

I assume this is just a mockup, right? $1000 on chain fees doesn't sound  right  Cheesy

Looks good though, still waiting for the public release of this. The open beta version has been good so far!
nightflightcourt

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 06:57:56 AM

I assume this is just a mockup, right? $1000 on chain fees doesn't sound  right  Cheesy

Looks good though, still waiting for the public release of this. The open beta version has been good so far!
Maybe it's an old screenshot of the beta?
Bear_Hug

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 05:43:26 PM

This is exactly how Stakenet leading the innovation and stuff of defi and crypto. I love the backbone of their project which is building the infrastructure of allowing INSTANT virtually FEELESS transactions by using 2nd layer networks for BTC (The Lightning Network) and Ethereum. This is the main reason why it is backed by a rock-solid bunch of users

The problem with on-chain transactions is: Transactions need to be confirmed on the blockchain to be accepted on the network, this takes time sometimes even HOURS on Bitcoins congested blockchain with 1 MB blocks storing the data of transactions.

The advantage of off-chain transactions is that transactions are instant, and the fees MUCH lower, since a Lightning Network node used to verify transactions is WAY more powerful, and thus confirms transactions faster. Off-chain transactions are nearly instant, and works much much better in a trading environment, such as a DEX.
vladn00ne

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 04:54:19 PM

I end up buying XSN before they achieve the ETH swaps.. Reasons for buying.. Short term: No  Long-term: Yes

Stakenet is the classic underappreciated DEX in the space  Cry Cry Cry
TDLM

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:05:16 AM

This is exactly how Stakenet leading the innovation and stuff of defi and crypto. I love the backbone of their project which is building the infrastructure of allowing INSTANT virtually FEELESS transactions by using 2nd layer networks for BTC (The Lightning Network) and Ethereum. This is the main reason why it is backed by a rock-solid bunch of users

The problem with on-chain transactions is: Transactions need to be confirmed on the blockchain to be accepted on the network, this takes time sometimes even HOURS on Bitcoins congested blockchain with 1 MB blocks storing the data of transactions.

The advantage of off-chain transactions is that transactions are instant, and the fees MUCH lower, since a Lightning Network node used to verify transactions is WAY more powerful, and thus confirms transactions faster. Off-chain transactions are nearly instant, and works much much better in a trading environment, such as a DEX.

This. The time for bitcoin to confirm is the biggest issue.
TDLM

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:17:51 AM

They dropped raiden for connext. Connext already has windows support and some pairs unlike raiden.
vladn00ne

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 07:10:35 PM

Lightning Network supporter here. Stakenet would be the only investment I have done better this year. 2021 coming soon  Grin Grin
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 07:14:22 AM

So this project have its own blockchain ? And also we can stake the coin like we did on waves wallet ? Where did you get that the team help LTC yeam to implementing lightning network ?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████