Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:56:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Probability mechanism.  (Read 108 times)
NWOleader (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 07:16:18 AM

Guys, I found this project on the internet and it looks interesting for me:
https://github.com/zionmarshar/TeraHypernet/blob/master/Tera_Hypernet.pdf
It looks as some new consensus next to PoW and PoS.

I would like to know you opinion, what do  you think about it. Thanks for your opinions.
BlockchainTeacher

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 07:19:15 AM

PoP? Let me check their WP.
Abin Sugar

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 04:13:35 PM

Just reviewed the whitepaper of Tera Hypernet.  I found the POP( Proof of Probability) is quite innovative.  Especially the part of the probability negotiation method.
I think it is a bold trial compared with POW.  The whitepaper introduced a new probability algorithm based on block hash, public key and round info.  It is a clever and fair solution without too much hash competition among nodes. 

I wonder how to join the test-net of that project?  I want to have a try to be the early miner.  As for a developer,  I suggest you guys make a study of this new consensus mechanism,  it may have great potential.
Daniel377

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 03:08:01 PM

I have read through the WP and like this genius idea. The whole consensus mechanism is not complicated but make full use of “probability” of each block and node ID by mathematical way.

1.Tera code activation is on chain registration for node to compete with the its recorded public key.

2.Make use of the hash of previous block and each node public key to do the probability proof, it is a wise and effective way to find the right node who can do the effective bookkeeping.  In this case, it is not a pure competition in hash computing like “POW”. 

But I wonder how to make sure the tera code is not centralized? Any experts can share your opinion?

Check the chart of POP consensus mechanism. Lets discuss more about it. Now the ETH2.0 is moving to POS, there are many problems in POW. I think there are a lot of possibilities to make change.
NWOleader (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 11:17:53 AM

Guys thanks for your replies and comments.. I was reading this project to more details and I think that it is very interesting idea, but it will need to be tested... Is here some expert that can review their code on GitHub and will write  his thoughts on n their code?
BlockchainTeacher

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 01:29:03 AM

Sorry for late answer.
I checked it and it looks very innovative. I like it.
Did you found more documents or info about this concept?
Jacelence

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 07:43:22 PM

Actually I found the WP really functional and good because at terahypernet they introduce a brand which is new consensus algorithm ,  which solves the aforementioned predicament that has troubled blockhain technology for years bringing for 2 changes first one is the system second one is sources and I really found more things is common too check there https://github.com/zionmarshar/TeraHypernet/blob/master/Tera_Hypernet.pdf    Smiley
NWOleader (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 12:00:49 PM

Thanks for your opinion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: