Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing KOIN, a PoW mineable ERC-20 that will power the Koinos blockchain  (Read 1174 times)
andrarchy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 03:52:20 PM
Merited by pachuje (1)

On October 6th, we announced the release of the Koinos whitepaper and that people would be able to begin mining KOIN the following week (October 13th).

The original announcement was posted to the Hive blockchain: https://peakd.com/hive-103021/@andrarchy/announcing-koinos-whitepaper-and-koin-mining

The whitepaper was featured on the front page of Hackernoon for over 2 days: https://hackernoon.com/the-koinos-blockchain-whitepaper-evolving-framework-with-modular-upgradeability-and-governance-333t3w2p

Cointelegraph ran an article announcing the mining: https://cointelegraph.com/news/former-steem-devs-believe-cpu-mining-is-the-key-to-a-fair-launch-for-their-blockchain-3-0

An announcement video was published to YouTube: https://youtu.be/arLoDPie0c4

To learn more, go to koinos.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 09:57:44 AM

i think you need to create a better announcement thread if you serious with your project mate
by the way i just want to give you an informations, if this coin already listed on coinmarketcap site now
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/koinos

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
offthecuff

Activity: 238
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 04:51:11 PM

It would be good to get a bit more information here, I've been looking into Koinos for a few days now. White paper is interesting and the discord groups been handy to fill in some blanks.

Having more here may help get the word out a bit more and enable more people to get involved at an earlier stage.

The latest hackernoon articles worth a read for anyone interested in koinos https://www.hackernoon.com/how-were-building-a-fee-less-blockchain-yi1634f3

The rapid evolution aspect of koinos and ability to complete upgrades without a hard fork sound good.

I looked into CPU mining koin but it's cheaper to actually buy the coin on uniswap at the moment, so I think that's the best option for obtaining join at present.

muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 09:22:57 PM

Very early in the project with extremely promising team. Could be next eth, who knows. Anyone interested in the project i suggest watch their videos. Their previous project was bought (hostile) by Justin from TRX.

They are angry and want to be better than TRX. I hope Smiley

Crypto needs more teams who can execute, provide value and bring this tech forward massively. I am excited!

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
PAMPT

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 05:42:12 PM

I have not been looking for koinos but it appears that it is a coin that has a blockchain and was announced some time back. What else to add? Nothing. What is koinos? Its a coin. This is the purfle of  knowledge beyond which the availability of information is restricted due to lack of its presence.  The only recondite fact about koinos is that its a coin and it exists, period.
coinswebid

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 07:01:10 PM

I have not been looking for koinos but it appears that it is a coin that has a blockchain and was announced some time back. What else to add? Nothing. What is koinos? Its a coin. This is the purfle of  knowledge beyond which the availability of information is restricted due to lack of its presence.  The only recondite fact about koinos is that its a coin and it exists, period.

for now this is a token that created on ethereum blockchain my friend,
you can check the contract address here https://etherscan.io/address/0x66d28cb58487a7609877550e1a34691810a6b9fc
but maybe in the future this project will run on its own blockchain

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
andrarchy (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 08:19:00 PM

The top-contributor on Github for Steem

is a member of the KoinOS team:

https://github.com/steemit/steem/graphs/contributors

Now it will just depend on how good the leadership skills of andrarchy are.
If he can create a great team that loves their work and stays focused.

Many Coin Bosses easily get distracted by wasting their days on Discord
or on Twitter.

Correction, the top THREE contributors on Github for Steem are co-founders of Koinos Group, and architects of Koinos. Wink

I think you're spot on and have seen how tempting it can be to waste time on things that don't ultimately lead to a better product or earlier ship date. Appreciate the input and will do my best to deliver. I think we're off to a great start. It helps to begin with a great team with years of experience working together (some more than 10 years!). But I agree, creating a great company culture in which people love the work they're doing but are focused on executing on a shared vision, is my #1 responsibility. I think we're making great progress on that front, but I am a young CEO who is learning on the job. I'm not perfect, but I'm doing my best to get a little better every day.

As far as delivering something better than TRX ... come on man, that bar is way too low! lol

Thanks for the great feedback.
krisnajsadrak

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 10:00:16 PM

i saw this project only tradeable at uniswap, right ?
for the team, i just want to ask 1 question, do you have a plan to add this project in centralized exchange in the near time ?
thank you

muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 05:15:03 PM

@andrarchy

Sounds like a great introduction to the community Smiley THankyou very much!

If you need any help feel free to post with what you need.

i saw this project only tradeable at uniswap, right ?
for the team, i just want to ask 1 question, do you have a plan to add this project in centralized exchange in the near time ?
thank you

They were on Binance and other exchanges with Steem so i am sure they will be there with this project too Smiley They have a great name in crypto so it will be easy to get listed on binance. But check out uniswap its very easy to use. Just need some ETH and Metamask browser plugin (just make sure its the real one).

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
andrarchy (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 06:57:16 PM

@andrarchy

Sounds like a great introduction to the community Smiley THankyou very much!

Thanks! I was never a big bitcointalk user, any suggestions about how best to use this platform? Our primary objective is to reach as many dApp developers as we can to introduce them to our project, its unique value propositions, and solicit their feedback so that we can make the platform even better at launch. Thoughts?

Going forward I'll certainly add links to any articles or videos we put out. Anything else?
andrarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 10:31:58 PM
Merited by offthecuff (2)

I'm Andrew Levine, the CEO of Koinos Group, creators of Koinos, and I'm honored to be included in Cointelegraph's Top 100 Notable People in Blockchain in 2021! I'd be totally useless without my amazing teammates and co-founders at Koinos Group: https://cointelegraph.com/top-people-in-crypto-and-blockchain/andrew-levine
offthecuff

Activity: 238
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 04:24:19 PM

I'm Andrew Levine, the CEO of Koinos Group, creators of Koinos, and I'm honored to be included in Cointelegraph's Top 100 Notable People in Blockchain in 2021! I'd be totally useless without my amazing teammates and co-founders at Koinos Group: https://cointelegraph.com/top-people-in-crypto-and-blockchain/andrew-levine

That's a really good write up, good of you to mention the team as well. Far too many people in crypto are just interested in self promotion when in reality it takes a good strong team to make a decent coin.

coinswebid

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 10:03:29 PM

happy to know your profile mate,
by the way, for now the trading fees on uniswap is very high, i think you should think to add this coin in centralized exchange
is there any exact date when the mainnet will be launch ?
thanks

▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 02:01:18 AM

Making More attractfull an so people can know better of your coin. Just advice bytheway

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 07:55:59 PM

On October 6th, we announced the release of the Koinos whitepaper and that people would be able to begin mining KOIN the following week (October 13th).

Hello andrarchy, I am trying to find information about mining but could not find it. If it's not difficult for you, could you clarify more detailed information.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Kang TB

Activity: 1050

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 07:18:36 PM

Hello andrarchy, I am trying to find information about mining but could not find it. If it's not difficult for you, could you clarify more detailed information.

you can go to this link mate https://github.com/koinos/koinos-gui-miner
but if you still confuse, i think its better for you to join koinos telegram group or discord and ask about mining koinos there

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 11:39:02 PM

Thanks! I was never a big bitcointalk user, any suggestions about how best to use this platform?
Uhm, IMO you need to edit your announcement first and give a better introduction (summary of your project) to the community here such as this one. Furthermore you should announce any progress do you have or events (if any) of your project on regular basis.

Simply by holding KOIN, people will be able to create free accounts, transfer tokens for free, execute smart contracts for free AND delegate those capabilities to others.
Anyway, can you give more explanation about that? I still can't imagine it since your project was run on ethereum blockchain which is I think it impossible to transfer or execute smart contracts for free
krisnajsadrak

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:49:51 PM

yesterday KOINOS price hit about $0.19 and this is the new ATH from this project
i believe after when the testnet launch in Q2 of this year the price will grow more than $1
i'm happy because i already bought this coin when the price about $0.03

henkcryptotank

Activity: 721
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 01:57:30 PM

Whats the status on this project?

Greets Hank
andrarchy (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2022, 08:26:57 PM

Thanks for checking in Hank! Now is actually a great time to share an update on Koinos with the Bitcointalk community because we’re nearing completion of the mainnet.

The best way to stay up-to-date on the project is to follow @koinosnetwork on medium and twitter. You can also visit koinos.io and subscribe to the newsletter to get updates sent to your inbox. As you will see, there have been a lot of updates, so in this post I’ll focus on the updates that I think will be the most interesting to the Bitcointalk community.

Satoshi's Vision

We like to think of Koinos as the general purpose blockchain that Satoshi would have built. Aside from the proof-of-work fair launch of the token, the other two places this is most obvious is governance and, of course, consensus.

Koinos Governance

Whenever possible we like to model our systems off of how Bitcoin operates, and governance is no exception. One of the unique features of Koinos is that all of the blockchain’s business logic is implemented as smart contracts which can be upgraded in-band. The consensus algorithm, resource management system, base cryptocurrency, and even governance are all implemented as smart contracts that can be upgraded without a hard fork by governance. That’s right … governance can upgrade governance! This is what will allow mainnet, and any Koinos-based blockchain, to evolve.

But what are the rules that govern … governance? What makes us think we can pick the “right” rules? We don’t! Instead we effectively implement Bitcoin’s upgrade system as exemplified by the SegWit upgrade. You can learn more about Koinos governance in our June 1st update in which we announced that work on the governance system contract was complete!.

Koinos Consensus

Proof-of-work is a beautiful consensus algorithm, but it isn’t well-suited for a general purpose blockchain where computational efficiency is paramount to delivering pleasurable user experiences at a reasonable price. But we don’t feel that proof-of-stake is a real solution to that problem which is why we instead pursued proof-of-burn. We are working on the proof-of-burn contract as we speak, but on March 23rd we released an update about our new design which we believe delivers the economics and decentralization of proof-of-work with even greater efficiency than proof-of-stake.

Verifiable Randomness

One of the biggest reasons we went with proof-of-burn was to mitigate the exchange attack, but we also wanted to enable anyone to participate in block production, not just whales. In our May 17th update, we explained how proof-of-burn leverages a verifiable randomness function to avoid degenerating into proof-of-work while ensuring that Koinos is provably egalitarian, just like Satoshi wanted for Bitcoin.

Like I said, there have been a lot of updates, so I did my best to focus on those updates that would be most interesting to Bitcointalk users. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: