Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New defi project fake volume in uniswap?  (Read 193 times)
Jocuserious (OP)

Activity: 1936
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 05:51:34 AM

Almost all new defi projects are raising millions of volumes while they are joining uniswap. What do you think about this? I can't believe all these new defi projects because they are creating fake volumes while they are participating in uniswap even after some days later there gonna to scam.
Really i am impressed your opinion, let's share your mind about it.
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1512
Merit: 567

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:25:02 AM

You already said it, they are raising millions in just matter of days, meaning they are being pump by some whales or a pump-and-dump group or the people behind the project itself so that they can make a quick profits. So this is a sign that these uniswap are not to be trusted and possible that is going to pull an exit scam or some exploits in the code causing investors a lot of money, so better stay away from them.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:40:10 AM
Merited by Jocuserious (1), bubbalex (1)

For you to know that how people are raising millions, you must understand how uniswap liquidity works:

1.) A developer announces a project, an airdrop to get supporters and makes a website to say great things about their project.

2.) The airdrop takes place to just a few people but who shill it to a lot of others.

3.) At the time of listing, anybody can set any price by setting the ratio of liquidity pairs.

4.) As more people join in, the network effect kicks in and the initial holders can easily dump their tokens.

5.) Hype is created through anonymous twitter accounts about "Projects" that are doing little else than copying code to show "pools" on their website. (Show me ONE example of a DeFi project doing anything other than staking and pooling)

6.) The anonymous twitter people are the ones wanting to dump.

7.) The price inevitably goes down as newbies buy due to FOMO and the shillers dump.

8.) Rise and repeat as the developer, the twitter shiller move on to newer projects.

At the end, the steps to avoid getting rekt are the same as always. DYOR. If you think you have "missed" a project, then don't FOMO. Do not invest more than you are willing to lose.
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:47:14 AM

Almost all new defi projects are raising millions of volumes while they are joining uniswap. What do you think about this? I can't believe all these new defi projects because they are creating fake volumes while they are participating in uniswap even after some days later there gonna to scam.

You already said it they are making fake volume so their tokens will identity by the traders of that platform.

I think it's easy to make the fake volume as long as you have the eth to use for buying a tokens to creare fake volume and liquidity, they do it to sell the tokens to other traders that will join na fake hype of the tokens.

_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:59:09 AM

How do they fake volume? by creating liquidity pools, and making their own trades, over and over? I don't understand how the fake volume on Uniswap works
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 07:07:53 AM

How do they fake volume? by creating liquidity pools, and making their own trades, over and over? I don't understand how the fake volume on Uniswap works
This is called wash trading. The exchange or those with incentive to fool people into thinking that some Uniswap Token is "valuable" will trade with themselves. Or have bots do multiple trades between different addresses owned by one person or the exchange themselves. The anonymous nature of crypto transactions ensures this.

"Volume" is just a measure of total trades happening so it gives an impression of "interest" about the project. This makes people FOMO into thinking that the "token" must be good if so much trade volume is going on. Uniswap is heaven for scammers and anonymous twitter shills with lot of money to dump upon unsuspecting small retailers. You can read this link for more info.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 07:11:47 AM

You need to understand the problem is that if a project attracts the volume of transactions, they can completely control that. It was pumped with large sums of money from the very beginning and there will be a time when the mentality of all involved will be drawn to those who prefer such high volume coins. And you know if we jump in, we fall in the trap they created and very quickly it magically disappears.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 08:04:33 AM

In my experience, this is like the first time during the Fomo ICO in 2017,
did you see it? ICOs were very popular that year, many ICOs were successful at the beginning,
but after passing that ICO became a scary thing, because many fake projects came to launch ICOs,
to things we couldn't predict or analyze, yes Defi is the same this time they use Uniswap to build a trust, and finally a scam

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 08:35:24 AM

Thats not surprising at all, because in the crypto industry many have done that kind of manipulation just to appear like it has a huge trading volume.
But the truth is they are the same people who are doing buy and sell and it was probably happening in DEX.

But in the centralized exchange, commonly, they have a trading bot that has done the magic trick, in the spread between the live buy and sell, orders But in a Decentralized exchange like UNISWAP, they dont have a bot so its a human intervention to create a fake buy and sell orders just to make it look like have an attractive trading volume.
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 08:49:04 AM

Thats not surprising at all, because in the crypto industry many have done that kind of manipulation just to appear like it has a huge trading volume.
But the truth is they are the same people who are doing buy and sell and it was probably happening in DEX.

Many have been caught having fake and wash trading practice, it was really started in 2017, wherein the Chinese authorities make a crackdown in March 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

But in the centralized exchange, commonly, they have a trading bot that has done the magic trick, in the spread between the live buy and sell, orders But in a Decentralized exchange like UNISWAP, they dont have a bot so its a human intervention to create a fake buy and sell orders just to make it look like have an attractive trading volume.

I'm also not surprised that up to this point, many exchanges are doing this fraudulent practice.

For Uniswap, they have perfected this craft to make people shill (part of the scheme) and then go all over social medias and community to promote their project which in the end, will be another scam.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1772

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 08:49:49 AM

What you need to learn and remember Uniswap can be called permission less, meaning that Uniswap does not have permission.

What's worse for traders who want to swapper they have to pay 0.3% per swap fee, in addition, they still depend on arbitrage with the flash loan feature, this could happen at any time due to market imbalance and by having lots of fake tokens which are unauthorized.

So what you need to watch out for is that Uniswap tokens still have very high risk trades, if you are not careful with changes in trading volume, the risk is high enough that Uniswap users can fall into poverty in seconds, learn more about the risk to assets in detail, before it's too late.
Consider don't be tempted by high trading volume it could be a game.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bubbalex

Activity: 1176
Merit: 339

https://t.me/bubbalex

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 08:58:34 AM

Trading volumes have long been increased by bots on all centralized exchanges, not surprisingly, the same thing happens on DEXes like Uniswap. For the new DeFi project it is a good way to attract some attention and of course dishonest people will use this feature, at the end it will lead to the fact that all project will need to create fake volume in order to compete with others.

Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 09:02:09 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2020, 01:11:27 PM by Princejebs

I thought the hype is down by now but it seems the whole thing are been rebranded by this NFT shillers. I recently participated on KingSwap Bounty and they raised cool money from their token sales but unluckily, it was dumped with reasons beyond my understanding. 2 million volume in the first 2 days but currently the volume isn't up to 50k.

Check CoinMarketCap.com, there isn't a day goes by without listing DeFi projects. Tomorrow is Monday, we will see new junks with nothing to offer.

I'm not sure about bots activities dex, I only know about it on centralized exchanges.
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 09:09:55 AM

The risk for projects with large transaction volumes is very dangerous. But the project was built up and pumped a large amount of money from the very beginning, it made us more concerned and if you were not an experienced person in this field, we would be in trouble. multiply. And I also think that by this time defi is not as attractive as before, so be careful of new defi projects that are on uniswap.
rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 09:30:55 AM

Of course scammers will be in every profiteering and specially like this Defi projects that has been making millions of dollars these past months.
But what we can see are these fakers are still existing and looks like no plan of leaving or hiding their strategy because it is like what they are doing naturally.
But good for me that i did not support any of their projects as i felt like there is no bright future on these projects and the lucky people are those who had invested years back.

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 10:26:18 AM

After DeFi became a big thing in crypto space uniswap exchange have been the best plan to list DeFi tokens but now scammers have invaded the platform, many tokens have zero volume or fake volume, I don't blame the scammers but some newbies who are so blind enough to still patronize such projects

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 10:42:48 AM

After DeFi became a big thing in crypto space uniswap exchange have been the best plan to list DeFi tokens but now scammers have invaded the platform, many tokens have zero volume or fake volume, I don't blame the scammers but some newbies who are so blind enough to still patronize such projects
I see defi projects slowing down their appeal from before, perhaps overpowering extending to bad attached systems. For DEX format like uniswap, we should also sympathize with this problem, we build everything and direct it to consultation but also agree we will accompany more risky incidents in money dictionary. Projects with a large volume of transactions on the DEX but is a new project, please pay attention to it and consider carefully before deciding to invest.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 10:55:23 AM

It's the same as looking on ICO look on the platform and the project potential, it's better to buy DeFi project with good reviews, there are so many traps now in the DeFi, if you are going to get involved in this pump and dump DeFi you are putting yourself at risk, so better only invest in a stable DeFi project.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 12:07:15 PM

Now that it's starting to look plausible, there are new defi projects having fantastic volume on uniswap and then slowly disappearing and leaving those who enter when fomo drool over high volume and price increases and bite their fingers when it's too late to get out of fomo and suffer a loss.

They are only good at start when they are selling the tokens to traders it's slowly disappear because the owner of that tokens slowly selling it to new investors that will come and buy it. If there is no more people interested to buy it any more they will sold it all in one time selling as long as there are orders of that exchange . Then , leave and make another new project that will earn him another money to grab .

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 12:28:22 PM

There are so many such projects on the uniswap that follow the DeFi trend, the hype about DeFi in the space is already too much and the current DeFi will not be a place for people to join. Be wary of such projects, it is a very dangerous trap. But such a project will get huge fomo from their pentagram for people to draw on and that's a result we need to stay away from if we explode and the project takes all of the token buyers' money. on uniswap and the tokens you receive will be invalid and forfeit accounts.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████