Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BTC do you have frozen in Virurex?
less than 0.5 bitcoins - 25 (45.5%)
0.5 to 1 bitcoin - 2 (3.6%)
1 to 5 bitcoins - 12 (21.8%)
5 to 10 bitcoins - 5 (9.1%)
10 to 50 bitcoins - 7 (12.7%)
more than 50 bitcoins - 4 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many BTC do you have frozen in [Vircurex]? Have they been unfrozen yet?  (Read 3601 times)
grizscom

Activity: 245
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:41:41 PM

my freezes is 2.09BTC

http://ethereumpool.co/ - Stable, fair & transparent Ethereum mining pool
PangPang

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:51:45 AM

3,4 bitcoins   and 2926 litecoins!!  my life savings! I am gutted Cry

didn't see a single coin back yet..

You got almost 3000 LTC on the site and is still not paid in the top down distribution, so there must be a considerable number of people storing huge amount of LTC there...

https://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html
Here the number of accounts with a frozen balance:
As of 25. March 2014:
BTC: 355 accounts
LTC: 1,563 accounts

Anyone know the total frozen balance of those 355 BTC accounts and 1565 LTC accounts?

Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

They didn't have a single ltc, that why there's a huge difference between the frozen accounts in ltc and btc (BTC: 355 accounts, LTC: 1,563 accounts). I guess the total of Ltc frozen is something about 25k, that's what have been missing for months. as for the BTC, i believe it's another 300-400. BUt if Kumala can tell us more about these figures it'd be better. The quarter release that was supposed to be published at the end of february is still missing, isn't it?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:20:00 AM

ex gf of mine has 12.6 btc frozen in her account Sad

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:46:55 AM

your ex?

I suppose you guys are on good terms?

Next time perhaps storing coins on an insolvent exchange that has been known for about a year now wouldn't be the approach for storage.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 03:51:36 PM

your ex?

I suppose you guys are on good terms?

Next time perhaps storing coins on an insolvent exchange that has been known for about a year now wouldn't be the approach for storage.

yeah we are still on very good terms, never like to leave things on bad terms Smiley

I told her to take them out and put in paper wallet or brain wallet, was begging her to diversify into Peercoin to but no she sat them on the exchange till this happened and now can't do anything:(

If anyone gets any sign of some funds being unfrozen please post here so we all can see there is some progress if any.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:43:38 PM

the last Vircurex quarterly report was released by KUMALA, owner of vircurex whose identity is still unknown to many

I had a look at the numbers and they don't add up!!

in the May 2013 report he wrote:

The total losses of the security breach are
1454 BTC
225,263 TRC
23,400 LTC

and in the august report:

FTC double spend attack causing a loss of 150,000 FTC

but now this is what he writes:

BTC:
Number accounts with frozen balances 352
Total frozen amount 1,748.50 BTC
FTC
Number accounts with frozen balances 42
Total frozen amount 152,106.24 FTC
LTC
Number accounts with frozen balances 2625
Total frozen amount 125,883.05 LTC
TRC
Number accounts with frozen balances 77
Total frozen amount 127,835.98 TRC

so BTC were 1454 now are 1748 = 294 more
LTC were 23400 now are 125883 =  102483 more, total in btc at these prices 3184!
FTC more or less the same for equivalent 30 BTC
TRC were 225263 now are only 127835, so almost half of it, for an equivalent of about 38 btc

Total BTC missing: 1748+3184+30+38 = 5000 BTC

This is a scam, there's no further doubt about it! somehow he made disappear 2800 more BTC in the last months without saying anything.
I believe that at this stage and with no chance to recover any of those frozen funds, it'll take something like 100 years at curren volumes.
this guy needs to be identified.
Any help from the community to trace and report this guy to the authorities is top priority now. Let's find him.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:37:26 AM

Man oh man these exchanges are doing a number on people and the community needs to work together to put a stop to these types of things happening over and over again. 
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

Follow a few of my commandments you will never be Goxed off again.

Thou shalt not leave more coins or fiat up on an exchange than thou is willing to lose.

After completing  trades, thou shalt remove all coins from the exchange.

If the coins cannot be removed thou shalt not send any more coins up to the exchange. The problem thou is having will be shared on forums all over the web until at which time the coins are returned.

If the serpent holding said coins offers thou a higher than normal price for just buying yet more coins that also cannot be removed. Turn your back and run from the serpent. Lest  thou  be turned into a pillar of salt.

If an offer is made for interest on coins held on an exchange. Remove all coins as fast as possible as the Fallen Angle is deceiving thou and others and is planning to pillage as much wealth as possible.         

cheezhead

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:34:52 PM

After completing  trades, thou shalt remove all coins from the exchange.

If the coins cannot be removed thou shalt not send any more coins up to the exchange. The problem thou is having will be shared on forums all over the web until at which time the coins are returned.

I tried following these golden rules but I lost a bundle anyway.....

All I did was move some coins into Vircurex to trade them in late March and couldn't transfer them back.  The whole transaction should have taken a few minutes.  Kumala claimed there was a technical error he was fixing but then he froze (stole) them.  He promised to make up his losses without affecting user accounts then went back on his word.  He claimed he was fixing a technical withdrawal issue and stole those funds too.  That second lie costs me a lot of money and heartache.  Here's why:

My autistic son will be graduating from high school in June.  It has been such a long journey for us and we are very proud he has made it.  My wife and I asked him what he wanted as a graduation gift and he said he'd like a cruise to Alaska.  Normally we could never afford that trip but I had enough cryptocurrency to just swing it.  I tried to trade the coins on Vircurex so I could monetize them.  Instead, Kumala stole them from me.  I've tried everything to get him to return them and he won't even respond to me.  Monday, I saw Kumala unfroze .00026808 LTC of my total of 450 LTCs.  I guess I was fooling myself thinking somehow I may get my coins but now I know I won't.  My wife recently cancelled our trip and today I told my son we can't go because someone stole the money. He was heartbroken and I was humiliated.  I'm now selling all of my mining equipment in the hope of raising some cash for a more modest trip.

I don't need sympathy and I certainly don't need people telling me it's my own fault for trading on Vircurex.  I just want people to know (especially Kumala) that what he did had real consequences for people.  Does Kumala realize when he steals people's coins it could effect their lives? 

I'm beyond upset now.  I'm heartbroken that he could be so callous as to steal people's wealth with no regard to how he is hurting them.
grizscom

Activity: 245
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 01:28:42 PM

Is any news for this scam?

http://ethereumpool.co/ - Stable, fair & transparent Ethereum mining pool
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:12:14 PM

Vircurex is still online and i still have 4 LTC frozen there...
3 years have passed wtf !!

Am i the only stupid which did not get refunded yet ?
lifesavings

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

I have over 2000 litecoins in there!!!  never seen a cent back !!!    please anyone!! help !!
bstapp

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:02:37 PM

They still have 250+ of my LTC Frozen

Let's try to map how much BTC we have frozen in Vircurex and post when and how much has been unfrozen.

When we get information about people having funds unfrozen, we can make better guesses about when others will have their funds unfrozen.

More info about the frozen funds here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49383.msg5854634#msg5854634

-Lyddite
Lionel

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:05:12 AM

I have over 2000 litecoins in there!!!  never seen a cent back !!!    please anyone!! help !!

OMG you should try to find them.

I have 4.04 LTC frozen there

We can ask an investigation company. What do you suggest?
tshaw024

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:06:21 AM

I have 12.85 BTC still frozen on Vircurex. Working with an attorney to get their address in order to file a lawsuit. They are either based in Belize of Beijing, not sure which. If I get a tangible address I will post it here for everyone.

Also, I was told one attorney sent a demand letter to their customer service email and after many messages they finally replied and released his funds (roughly 4 BTC) I don't know is this is true and I have no way to prove it.

If anyone has more information please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can combine our efforts. 330-518-0975 Tim
Lionel

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:58:44 PM

I have 12.85 BTC still frozen on Vircurex. Working with an attorney to get their address in order to file a lawsuit. They are either based in Belize of Beijing, not sure which. If I get a tangible address I will post it here for everyone.

Also, I was told one attorney sent a demand letter to their customer service email and after many messages they finally replied and released his funds (roughly 4 BTC) I don't know is this is true and I have no way to prove it.

If anyone has more information please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can combine our efforts. 330-518-0975 Tim

We should find out who this guy is and where he is.

Then we get to him together personally to get our money back....  "gently"

Don't expect the cops to help you, we better take justice into our own hands

This would be my approach. What do you think?
MaxxxiV

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:24:04 PM

I have 68 LTC frozen for some years now.
Never seen anything back..

That currently a $25K+, Im just a normal person so this is a lot of money for me..

I will join any action to get our money back.
Lionel

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:57:23 PM

The first steps we should do:

1- find out at which company the Vircurex site was hosted

2- gently ask that company if they give us the IPs that the Vircurex owners used to access the hosting service, along with the personal information about them.
Maybe they are not motivated to give this us personal information , but we can pay them for that
tshaw024

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:10:49 PM

Hi Lionel,

The Vircurex site is hosted by GoDaddy which is based in Arizona. In order to get that information released we would need to receive a warrant from a judge in the jurisdiction where that business is headquartered. However, registry information in regards to the website does not guarantee we'd receive information in regards to Kumala's whereabouts (Kumala is a user on this forum that owns Vircurex).... but it's a start.

On the Vircurex website they claim to be based in Belize however I believe this to be false (https://vircurex.com/welcome/terms). I recently contacted the business registry in Belize to see if they can confirm a registration for Vircurex so hopefully they get back to me soon. I believe the exchange is actually based in Beijing, which is good because China is cracking down on corrupt exchanges and they practice English Common Law. I currently have two different attorneys seeking counsel/advice from attorneys in China in regards to the best way to handle the situation. Rather than a class action or criminal lawsuit, we may be better served to file personal claims against the exchange. Class action would limit the amount of our money we got back and criminal charges would take a long time and the website would most likely just file bankruptcy.

I do not recommend any action in person against the owners of the exchange. That will only create more problems and could potentially prohibit you from recovering your funds. Here is my recommendation...

1. We need to band together in order to find a tangible address for where this exchange has headquartered itself. They must receive mail, bank statements, bills, etc. somewhere. Even if it's a PO BOX, we need an address so we can "serve" them the lawsuits that will be coming from us all. I encourage everyone, do some research, see what we can uncover on the internet. If you have any friends who may be private detectives or attorneys, ask for their advice or help. None of us are rich, we're the guys in the middle who are getting screwed over. This isn't a problem any of us can throw money at, so it's going to take hard work and patience.

2. Once I receive information back from the attorneys in Beijing I'm working with I will post all relevant information on a new thread on this forum. I'll drop the link here once that happens so everyone can easily find it. If I find an address I will be posting it here as well, this is no guarantee but like I said I'm doing everything within my power to make this happen.

3. If in 60 days I still have not made any progress then I will be hiring an attorney in Arizona to file a suit to retrieve hosting information from GoDaddy. This won't be incredibly expensive however it will be a little pricey. If anyone is interested in splitting that cost to help retrieve information then please DM me and we can figure out a safe way to invest together and guarantee no one is defrauded. I'm guessing that would cost roughly $3,000 give or take, so if we get ten people together that's only $300 a piece.

3. I hope Kumala still reads these threads. You've held our money for over three years, I'm sure you're living the life right now and don't have a care in the world. Just know... we are coming for you. No matter how many dead ends I hit I'm going to find you, and when I do I'm going to shout every piece of information I have from every platform I can find until everyone has had their fair shot at retrieving their funds from your criminal exchange.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: