Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:07:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a great technology, a digital currency, investment & an asset all in!  (Read 108 times)
KingsGambet19 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 62

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 11:24:27 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2020, 11:42:48 PM by KingsGambet19
Merited by jademaxsuy (4), manfredmann (2)

Learning about bitcoin is always what I wanted to do here in the forum but reading only without participating in the discussions could not help one to learn more about bitcoin. Bitcoin is new to me and there some things that confuses me especially what the members had think about bitcoin. So, what I did is to purposely create threads to scrutimize bitcoin in order for me to get ideas from other members that are also bitcoin enthusiast. I may sound awful but I know I had created a good discussions of those few threads. Here are some of my few threads  below,
Which is more important bitcoin or fiat?
Bitcoin could destroy economy
Bitcoin is not needed but for investment purposes only
What made you think of investing bitcoin at the current market?

All of the threads that was created was to get the ideas of other members on how they think or what they think about bitcoin. I may have idea about bitcoin but of course I know there are things that I should learn about bitcoin.

However, after creating such threads I had learn some of the replies like in the below,

(Honestly fiat currency has value with or without bitcoin)
Yes. Gold was valuable back then even without fiat currencies. It's just a lot easier to accurately trace asset values in general with fiat currency, but not necessarily needed.

- Without fiat assets like bitcoin and gold will still have value. It's just going to be more difficult to find out their market prices.

- You can earn bitcoin without fiat, and a lot of us here are doing it, along with some people worldwide. It's simply not just a lot of people because bitcoin is freakin 11 years old. We need time for it to grow.
And to answer your poll, both assets are important and needed in today's society in their own ways. I like meat, but veggies and fruits are also important.

the value of bitcoin is in the fact that you can use it to purchase goods. that means even if you couldn't exchange it with fiat or fiat didn't even exist, you could still exchange it with goods. and that is how value of a currency is defined.

wrong.
you don't "need to" buy bitcoin with fiat, you "choose to" buy it with fiat. it is like saying you "need to buy US dollar"!!!
the real way of gaining bitcoin is to getting paid for the work you do just like the way you are getting paid in US dollar (or any other fiat you get paid in if you are in another country).

An attempt to compare Bitcoin to the dollar, gold, or stocks is an attempt to classify it according to the classification rules followed in precious metals, financial markets, and monetary currencies, which is a wrong classification, so it is better to consider Bitcoin as Bitcoin and include a new classification that includes cryptocurrencies due to its difference in essence from gold, stocks, and cash.
Thus, the answer to your question is that both are important. Just as you need paper money, stocks, real estate and investment portfolios, you need to acquire some cryptocurrencies.

What's the point though? How. can bitcoin destroys economy when on the contrary it is helping people survived in harsh economic condition such as:

(1) Why are Venezuelans seeking refuge in crypto-currencies?

(2) Zimbabwe’s Battle To Control Currency Inadvertently Boosts Bitcoin Profile

As for the reasons why several countries ban maybe, yeah maybe they think that bitcoin is being used by criminals, however, there are also nations who think otherwise. Besides, those countries that are against bitcoin are those who don't want to lose control of their population. So there are pros/cons, but I believed pros outweigh the cons by ten fold.

What do you say about fiat? is it an exception for these activities were in fact even bitcoin was launched, these acts have been always there. And they were funded and made done through fiat/cash.

Bitcoin is money and the same as fiat could be used for good and bad. Let's remove this idea that bitcoin was only made solely for these acts.

I'm not sure how Bitcoin could destroy the economy with your reasons, but what I can see is that it's improving the financial aspect when Bitcoin was born. It influenced cashless transactions all over the world with a click and made it easier. It's the start of a great improvement.

Bitcoin is a form of sovereignty.  It places you in direct control of your wealth.  Some people do use it to gamble, but such people could be considered to be missing the point.

I've never set up online banking, as I feel it carries too much risk.  Traditional payment methods are not very secure.  I had a conversation with my bank the other day about setting up a separate account with a limited sum of money in it that I could access online, while leaving the rest of my funds securely inaccessible.  They told me that if I set up online banking, all of my accounts would be on there.  They don't have a way for me to keep only a portion of my savings accessible online.  How useless is that?

But with Bitcoin, I can move funds from hotwallets to cold storage as and when I please.  The level of security I maintain is entirely my decision.

I guess you've never experienced moving your funds (in BTC) yet. You'll understand the importance of it once you realized you no longer need intermediaries that can hold/lock your funds.

Allow me to supplement this using a traditional business scenario @KingsGambet19

Let's say you decided to become an online retailer. You'll to get in contact with a supplier of that product and buy from them. If he sold that to you at $5 per piece, you'll need to double or triple that price to cover the cost and earn something. Now my question is, would retailers like you feel guilty of profiting from your customers too?

Another thing, there is real value in bitcoin. Don't think of it as money made out of thin air that you'd feel guilty when you trade it.  

You have two questions here. Do we really need BTC?

Well, if you have the wealth and you don't want its value to keep draining then BTC is your hedge to it and you can also make it grow with BTC. This is just one purpose. There are more reason why you need BTC, one is decentralization.

Is it alright to earn profit with bitcoin coming from the new investors of bitcoin?

Its in the market, when people bid they allow themselves to be vulnerable also to losing money. If early investors profit from the new ones then that is because they are earlier than you  Grin

Being a smart investor doesn't necessarily mean that you only buy when prices are "cheap". You can still be a smart investor if you invest in businesses or assets that you think will be worth a lot more in the future(assuming you've done the research), regardless of current price.

To answer your question, it's pretty simple. People buy at current prices because they think it will be worth more in the long term.

Also, define "high"? Bitcoin being at 15k, which is approximately 5k away from the all-time high, doesn't make it's price "high". Personally, as a dude who's long-term bullish on bitcoin, I'd even say that 20k is "cheap" when talking about potential future prices.

There are many post that I consider but I had only chosen few. There are piles of post in the thread but still I can still learn and based on my observation is that there are other members do not like to read post and just went directly to make replies even they are going off topic replies already. However, their contribution is still worth to read. I think that is all enough to learn about bitcoin but of course I still wanted to learn more about it.

Bitcoin as a great advancement of technology, digital currency, investment and an asset.

Bitcoin is a great advancement in technology as it was created for a decentralized in manner taking you in charge of your funds. Satoshi nakamoto stated that Banks must be trusted to hold our money and transfer it electronically, but they lend it out in waves of credit bubbles with barely a fraction in reserve. We have to trust them with our privacy, trust them not to let identity thieves drain our accounts. Their massive overhead costs make micropayments impossible. And this is why bitcoin was created.

Yet, I was not expecting too much not until I learn that bitcoin is not only considered as digital currency but also an asset like gold where you store it and people wanting to gain bitcoin by purchasing it making demand will help the value of bitcoin to grow just like gold as an important asset. Bitcoim as an asset like gold are also considered as investment where you can earn.

LEARNING BITCOIN IS LIKE LEARNING ABOUT THE ACCESS TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM

What do you think? AM I RIGHT?
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 4200

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 10:15:32 AM

Bitcoin is a currency and that's what it was created for. Other are just additional benefit you can derived from its unique features like It been an Assets is as a result of its fixed supply and tendency to appreciate in price. The investment conversation comes from it pass history of price appreciation as a result of the demand and popularity of the currency increasing over time couple with the fixed supply of just 21million. Also there's a mechanism (block halving) that create scarcity as regards to reducing the amount of coins that comes into circulation

Bitcoin isn't the technology but uses a technology most other cryptocurrency uses which is the Blockchain technology. To differentiate each blockchain the different cryptocoin gives name to their blockchain like that of bitcoin is called 'Bitcoin blockchain and Ethereum, the Ethereum blockchain'. Most blockchain function differently but still there could be some similarities among them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
barto123

Activity: 650
Merit: 321

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 11:26:43 AM

Bitcoin means so many different things to different people. Everyone will want Bitcoin, most just don't know it yet.

For me, once I saw how broken & corrupt the financial system is & how Bitcoin can fix a lot of the issues in the world today..it's now all I think about.

Once you have the Bitcoin moment, the epiphany, there's no going back.

It's absolutely crazy how much power you have as an indiviual hodling Bitcoin, becoming truly self-sovereign.

Utilizing all the hardware, privacy & security tech; it gives me chills how much power is at your fingertips.

Yes - once you see it, you want to go all in!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 02:42:40 PM

Bitcoin has a lot of potential, it has many things that other currency can't do such as helping other people grow amidst inflation and economic crisis.

This is the best digital currency that I know and most of the people right now are investing on it because bitcoin adoption is somehow growing due to the fact that we are more into the use of technology. This lockdown or quarantine really brought us to engage more in a digital activities such as investing in bitcoin.

This opportunity is a must to grab because bitcoin is all in one when it comes to an asset, but be mindful about its volatility.

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 04:37:01 PM

There are many post that I consider but I had only chosen few. There are piles of post in the thread but still I can still learn and based on my observation is that there are other members do not like to read post and just went directly to make replies even they are going off topic replies already. However, their contribution is still worth to read. I think that is all enough to learn about bitcoin but of course I still wanted to learn more about it.
I don't think there ever is "enough" information about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies that we have in our minds. There always is at least one more thing you don't know about. This is a constantly developing and growing domain, and you always have new stuff coming in.

Get used to the users who don't read posts before replying. It's sometimes easier than going through many, many posts of a thread. In fact, I'd sometimes rather post before reading other replies because I found out my reply gets influenced a bit by previous posts if I do the opposite.

LEARNING BITCOIN IS LIKE LEARNING ABOUT THE ACCESS TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM

What do you think? AM I RIGHT?
I think Bitcoin is financial freedom, not just something similar to it. By using BTC, you're theoretically free to do whatever, whenever you like with your finances. The thing is, third parties mixed up with regulations changed this negatively and significantly. But there is a good part that stands still and untouched: although the privacy-oriented mass of users has a quite limited variety of remaining options today, they still do have a few options that will likely (and hopefully) never be touched such as the ability to complete peer-to-peer transactions.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 05:57:10 PM

You took exceptionally long time to write this post and I appreciate it. Some things I would like to add here :

The applications of Bitcoins is actually dependent on tht individual, what they intend to use it for and how they intend to use it for.

Bitcoins is something which helped me go through a lot of tough times as for me it's a :
- source of Income
- investment
- way to pay internationally
- something to trade with
- safer investment as compared to normal bank account
- gives me freedom and allows businesses to work online internationally without writing any forms and waiting for maybe months before you can start

For everyone it's different and that's they beauty of Bitcoins. You can use it as you may. Plus during pandemic it was cryptocurrencies like Bitcoins which helped millions.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████