Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:32:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G (rev. 2.0)  (Read 287 times)
Sartori71 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 12:38:20 AM

Question regarding the Rev 2.0 of the Gigabyte 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G. I've got 6 of the rev 1.0 and 2 of the rev 2.0 cards running in the same rig. I've got the same BIOS Mod on every card, same OC and UV settings on each card. The rev 2.0 cards run at about 20 watts higher then the rev 1.0. It was also the same with stock bios and settings. Does anyone have any idea why this would be the case, what is different between rev 1 & rev 2?

https://imgur.com/a/5GYWKe2
puntodecontrol

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 07:20:49 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2020, 02:37:44 PM by puntodecontrol

I have both too with problems.
Rev 2.0 can't do BIOS mod on it so I did it rev 1.0 and flash the bios to all cards.
Can you upload the bios for I can check it in my cards?? But maybe is the silicio ....

And if u want, i can upload 2 dif bios for u can try.
Sartori71 (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 07:22:26 PM

I used the rev 1 bios to mod as well as there is no rev 2 specific bios that I could find either from Gigabyte or techinsights. However, prior to the bios mod, with stock settings on both rev1 & rev2 I had a 20w difference as well.

I'll send you the bios mod when I get chance.
stasel

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 07:52:21 PM

I used the rev 1 bios to mod as well as there is no rev 2 specific bios that I could find either from Gigabyte or techinsights. However, prior to the bios mod, with stock settings on both rev1 & rev2 I had a 20w difference as well.

I'll send you the bios mod when I get chance.

Hello, can you send me a bios too? thanks
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 11:14:43 AM

Which operating system and program are you using to measure wattage? Sometimes some programs like GPUz misread the power state and read it as one level higher which would account for the 20w difference sometimes under Windows. I'm assuming the fan profiles and RPM are the same. It's possible they made hardware changes on Rev 2 but I haven't pulled mine apart to compare my rev 2 to pictures of rev 1.
Sartori71 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 08:51:44 PM

Which operating system and program are you using to measure wattage? Sometimes some programs like GPUz misread the power state and read it as one level higher which would account for the 20w difference sometimes under Windows. I'm assuming the fan profiles and RPM are the same. It's possible they made hardware changes on Rev 2 but I haven't pulled mine apart to compare my rev 2 to pictures of rev 1.

I'm using HiveOS, having just switched from Windows 10. However, I am still using Phoenix Miner, which is what I was using in Windows as well. Showed the same wattage difference between rev 1 & rev 2
Sartori71 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 09:13:00 PM

Sorry for the delay on this, the modified bios is on my windows OS drive, I've recently switched to HiveOS. I just need to retrieve the bios from the windows drive and I will send to you. Unless I can do this out of HiveOS, I'm really not very familiar with Linux, at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: