Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin pump and dump  (Read 60860 times)
jemimah_f3 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 08:02:54 AM

I agree with you at some point because bitcoin price is going higher, we tend to compare historical values and if we see the price much higher then current price would seem cheap. Maybe it's good time to buy some cheap altcoins and when the price of bitcoin stabilizes they will start moving up too (of course if the projects are legit and promising), like some people invested in LINK when the price was very cheap.

If you already know the characteristics of a new project or new coin then you can reconsider not investing in it. but if you are confident in a project that you may have researched before then invest some of the money you have. see Bitcoin is starting to move significantly, why not take part in BTC?
investing in bitcoin for this is very risky because the price is too high, don't let you buy bitcoin at a high price, it's better to buy other altcoins, because the price I see has shown a decrease due to bitcoin has increased, and for new projects there is nothing wrong with investing , but should always be on the lookout
jemimah_f3 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 08:06:02 AM

Thank you! I'd love to take a look at them if you really have confidence in them.

Hey guys,
I've checked some intersting altcoins which are pretty cheap now, the projects look promising and legit but I'm still afraid that they could be another pump and dumps (there were so many of them already!). What are the signs or metrics that send alert signals about the projects and I should check deeper or not risk my money? Or is it just impossible to tell if it's another pump and dump scam project.
To define a good project and can develop in the long term is difficult at present. the correct prediction rate cannot be higher than 50%, it is true.
but if you still want to take risk then I can introduce you to some potential projects like Kira Network and Folder Protocol. I have had confidence in them because both projects are actively expanding communities in many countries and their protocols are one level higher than the current new projects.
Besides, Folder Protocol can fix the problem of current Filecoin and it is considered as Big Gem in some big communities in Vietnam. So this is a good opportunity for you to invest in long-term in these projects. The important thing is to consult the project carefully before investing, I only give advice based on my experience.
jemimah_f3 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 08:08:36 AM

But if the tokens are worthless why would anybody accept them as payment?

But is a team usually aware that they are doing just pump and dump project or they just honestly do their job before a 3rd party perform pump and dump and make a coin worthless?

Some (scammers) are aware, and they do it intentionally.
But a select few have a very good idea and/or project, but don't have any other choice.
It's hard to find funding these days, so they pay in their tokens
jemimah_f3 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 08:21:34 AM

What do you think is more influential, marketing and promotion or development? I mean as a regular person who would like to invest in some new and intersting project, but I'm not a tech-savvy girl and understand only some basics in IT so what I see mainly is advertising and marketing.

Altcoin pump and dump are risky, these days, the trend for altcoins especially those from the Ethereum blockchain are the Defi projects. Most of the time, technical analysis isn't the basis for the pump and dump to the price of these tokens. It will be based on how good the marketing team and the developer team of the project perform in the market.

There are some instances that big shillers and influencers are targeting a potential altcoin to be pumped so its an advantage if we are also active on social media and messaging channels such as Twitter and telegram.
Lantind

Activity: 2310
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 08:53:15 AM

What do you think is more influential, marketing and promotion or development? I mean as a regular person who would like to invest in some new and intersting project, but I'm not a tech-savvy girl and understand only some basics in IT so what I see mainly is advertising and marketing.

Actually the three things that you mention have an influence on each project, because projects that don't have good marketing will also not progress and projects that don't have good promotions will also not be easily recognized by many people and projects that don't have good development Nor will it progress in the future, so those three things have an influence on each project in my opinion.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
istiak2277

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:46:44 AM

Hey guys,
I've checked some intersting altcoins which are pretty cheap now, the projects look promising and legit but I'm still afraid that they could be another pump and dumps (there were so many of them already!). What are the signs or metrics that send alert signals about the projects and I should check deeper or not risk my money? Or is it just impossible to tell if it's another pump and dump scam project.

Actually, it's very hard to tell because the pump dump of an alt project is not always projected team creation. Sometimes whales manipulate the market heavily and create this situation even the project is very good. But you can identify those types of projects by doing research about the team. If that team already has a past history of this type of activity then you should expect another one from them.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Inspiron14

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:49:54 AM

Let me ask you, is that a new project? if you want to invest in a new project you only need to take advantage of the moment, don't invest in long, it's too risk. New projects are just following the trend now, this is what makes the project dumps and becoming scam project.

New projects in the Defi category are the most scary,
besides that it is enough to consider, yes from experience in 2018, new projects are always successful at the beginning,
and now almost 80% of new projects die and have no demand in the market, maybe same with new project in 2020.

Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:50:41 AM

DEFI pump fraud project, but not all. maybe like the example of YFIB when it was first listed on uniswap had a high selling value or equivalent to $ 28 and now it has dropped to $ 1. And maybe there are many other defi projects that have been pumping up and down to nothing. You need to consider before investing in any project.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 03:47:55 PM

almost all projects have experienced pump and dump but what is very important is risk management, there are many aspects that we must pay attention to to get maximum profit when we buy altcoins when ICO / IEO

Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 04:35:03 PM

I think altcoins siphon and dump are profoundly observed in more up to date extends as the group can once in for a spell show they are still near, some will just siphon once and that is it while in significant tasks. I normally maintain a strategic distance from those altcoins in light of the dangers. I don't care for putting resources into low market cap altcoins in light of the fact that they are the coins that are encountering dump base on my encounters.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2020, 10:03:52 AM

almost all projects have experienced pump and dump but what is very important is risk management, there are many aspects that we must pay attention to to get maximum profit when we buy altcoins when ICO / IEO

MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 10:56:23 AM

Therefore, proper research and analysis is needed before deciding to invest in altcoins. In my opinion, an effective way to avoid
altcoins pump and dump, never join the trading signal group. Because most of the trading signal group, only use group members
to do pump and dump. Then be careful with coins with a small volume suddenly pump, or avoid buying hype coins. Because hype
coins are usually very close to pump and dump.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 01:31:45 PM

do a more in-depth analysis of project that you think is promising in the future. as you say, thousands of crypto projects just do pumps and dumps. there is no real action on their project. And worse their project is a scam. so when you have funds. and have a good project list. Will be better to analyze it, so that you will not lose and make your funds grow.
GelatikKembar

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

The OGz Club

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 01:44:32 PM

Pumps and dumps have indeed become part of cryptocurrency,
not just a new project, but everything including bitcoin, of course risk management, financial management, and emotional management must also be important things that you life in the crypto world.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 03:22:37 PM

Pumps and dumps have indeed become part of cryptocurrency,
not just a new project, but everything including bitcoin, of course risk management, financial management, and emotional management must also be important things that you life in the crypto world.
If the market has a big enough attraction then I think it is possible for any coin, even for BTC. There are balances that I think the tremendous growth and growth potential in this market will not appear much, so the pump dump is like a game that people create to lure newcomers into the market and be careful with such projects.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 03:36:41 PM

It's impossible to foresee a coming pump or dump.
If it's a relatively new project that you are interested in, it would make sense to check the vesting schedule of the private and seed sale participants.
When there is an upcoming unlock of a big batch of tokens for early investors then it would probably make sense to wait for this unlock date first.
Some of those early investors might sell a chunk of their tokens which should result in a dropping price and therefore a better entry point for you. 
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 04:57:30 PM

I was previously a constant investor in altcoins, but over time, the market constantly sits out that there is one of the reasons to sell altcoins, and at the expense of the sale, the reason may also be the lack of news from projects and not getting in touch with the community

When updates stop coming from a project for a month, then investors get worried and start dumping massively. This is the more reason why team members / developers need to always get in touch with community and ensure community support is maintained. Also, when team sells a lot of tokens, trust is broken leading to massive sell off by investors. Once I invest in an altcoin project, I ensure I follow them on all social media, join the project community, most especially I turn on the tweet notifications. This helps me to know when team has given up on the project or to know if coin is worth holding or selling.
coiner-88

Activity: 537
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 05:50:18 PM

Crypto knowing whether a coin will siphon and dump, it is in every case hard to tell on the grounds that nobody can effectively foresee anything in the crypto space. I normally stay away from those altcoins on account of the dangers. I don't care for putting resources into low market cap altcoins in light of the fact that they are the coins that are encountering dump base on my encounters.

●   Sensitrust   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  SETS  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  Job Marketplace  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 07:46:03 PM

Hey guys,
It is very difficult to predict the price of an alt coin in the market accurately because many factors that greatly influence this price movement, even so, at least we must be able to analyze existing information, so that we can make the right decisions when investment the crypto.
Likewise, with the problems you face in choosing a project for investment because now it is very difficult to distinguish between real and fake projects and my advice is better to ask for recommendations from people who are experienced in project investing because of the experience they have can certainly help you to choose a good and potential crypto project.

Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 10:53:37 PM

I have be into Crypto for years and have come to understand something's about trading. Once you arewant to trade, first understand what you are trading and best position to join. You don't have to buy at top knowing the fact it will definitely dump. Always know the best time and position to buy and trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: