Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin pump and dump  (Read 60860 times)
CapGelatik

Activity: 1064
Merit: 100

Combo Network

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 10:26:58 PM

When bitcoin prices are volatile, this is very natural for altcoins,
of course you have to make a good strategy so you don't get hit by this flow of pump and dump,
because if you go with this flow, your emotions and thoughts will certainly be disturbed when trading.

minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 10:49:34 PM

How do we check on what we don't know? Mention the coins u intend investing on, so we can help you research on them and predict if they are good or not. Though dump and pump is inevitable but sometimes predictions always work.

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
BOAEDAN

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 10:50:01 PM

When bitcoin prices are volatile, this is very natural for altcoins,
of course you have to make a good strategy so you don't get hit by this flow of pump and dump,
because if you go with this flow, your emotions and thoughts will certainly be disturbed when trading.
when you see the price of cryptocurrency in the exchange going up and down then you can take advantage of that price movement to find as much profit as possible. bitcoin price will have an important influence.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Abdullah500

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:13:30 AM

I saw that Bitcoin has gone up to 28k now, now it will take some correction, then there is a possibility to go from 30k to 32k.Alt coin dump for this.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:18:23 AM

Hey guys,
I've checked some intersting altcoins which are pretty cheap now, the projects look promising and legit but I'm still afraid that they could be another pump and dumps (there were so many of them already!). What are the signs or metrics that send alert signals about the projects and I should check deeper or not risk my money? Or is it just impossible to tell if it's another pump and dump scam project.
How can we tell when you don't say a word about the name of any of the projects you have in mind, see the truth is any new coin that find it hard to rank up on coinmarketcap are more risky, anything can happen to them when you re holding, it's why I like advising people to invest in projects that well known even if they are new for example Polkadot and Avalanche

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
paglarhat

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:38:27 AM

What is the best way to get a detailed idea about Altcoin pump and dump?
I hold cryptocurrency all the time.
So if anyone can please cooperate a little in this matter.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:50:23 AM

Hey guys,
I've checked some intersting altcoins which are pretty cheap now, the projects look promising and legit but I'm still afraid that they could be another pump and dumps (there were so many of them already!). What are the signs or metrics that send alert signals about the projects and I should check deeper or not risk my money? Or is it just impossible to tell if it's another pump and dump scam project.

According to my understanding, the many ways and techniques employed by fraudulent projects raise money from investors by rewarding them for sending active cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum, customers are promised a discount on the new crypto coin. In fact, many of these scam projects have no original ideas, more than 15% of which have copied ideas from other cryptocurrencies, or even plagiarized supporting documentation. Therefore, investors should be very careful about researching what they are putting in and be sure to find out who is involved and what the real plans of the crypto project are to make money without scamming other people.
_decentralise

Activity: 109
Merit: 16

I need a bigger chair after lockdown!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 01:21:12 AM

What is the best way to get a detailed idea about Altcoin pump and dump?
I hold cryptocurrency all the time.
So if anyone can please cooperate a little in this matter.
Actually there is no detailed description of this problem, because the Altcoin pump and dump occurs through problems and uncertain market conditions for each Altcoin, so you only need to analyze and research carefully the loyal Altcoins that are already aware in the market at this time.

Research, research and more research is suoer important, we don't want 2017 to happen again. For 2 reasons;
1 - we don't want people getting scammed
2 - we want solid projects to succeed and change the world

Banulit

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:36:09 AM

Always check if the team developers have a very good crypto credentials because mostly of those successful altcoins where create by several crypto experts and most of the project that turns to have a pump and dump scheme are those who are having a little or less experience in developing project.

jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 10:35:39 PM

Is there a way to know which coins will pump and dump?  So the point is if you know of a coin that will do that... you buy it ... then auto sell it once price starts dropping to accumulate more btc right?  Then either keep btc or sell it to usdt?

But if you want to make money now... wouldn't you need to trade it for usdt?
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 10:43:43 PM

If you are not sure about the projects you are going to buy, you should avoid buying those projects even though the projects look promising
and legit. I suggest buying old coins that are popular and have high volume, it will prevent you from pumping and dumping. If a pump and
dump occurs, old coins always recover quickly. In contrast to new projects that have just been listed on exchanges, there is a very high risk of
pump and dump occurring, after which they eventually become scam projects.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 10:48:05 PM

You can never be entirely sure that a coin's (even a legitimate one) rise in price, isn't a pump 'n dump happening.

Sometimes the FOMO just takes over and people start buying a certain crypto. Now when the price hits high enough, the ones who were the early buyers, will start to cash out. And so even a legitimate coin can be hit by involuntary "pump 'n dumps".

marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 11:59:32 PM

It is very difficult to predict because almost all successful or failed projects experience this so distinguishing between them is almost impossible.
although some experienced observers can still miscalculate.
because the team from the project itself did not know that their coins would be pumped / dumped by several people.
Analysts make trades based on the analysis they make, they must know what will happen to the market, because market movements are not much different from trading theory using indicators.
In some cases the team knows if their coins will be pumped, because usually they will make good news so that the price of their coins will go up even higher.
_decentralise

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 12:48:06 AM

It is very difficult to predict because almost all successful or failed projects experience this so distinguishing between them is almost impossible.
although some experienced observers can still miscalculate.
because the team from the project itself did not know that their coins would be pumped / dumped by several people.
Analysts make trades based on the analysis they make, they must know what will happen to the market, because market movements are not much different from trading theory using indicators.
In some cases the team knows if their coins will be pumped, because usually they will make good news so that the price of their coins will go up even higher.

If you manage your risk accordingly and don't overexpose yourself to projects you don't really understand the fundamentals of you can afford the odd miscalculation. I think now is the time for pragmatism. I have been looking for as many projects I feel confident in (team, product, etc.) and now have a degree of comfort because even if some do turn out to be "pump and dumps" these should be highly out numbered by decent projects.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 06:34:35 AM

If you manage your risk accordingly and don't overexpose yourself to projects you don't really understand the fundamentals of you can afford the odd miscalculation. I think now is the time for pragmatism. I have been looking for as many projects I feel confident in (team, product, etc.) and now have a degree of comfort because even if some do turn out to be "pump and dumps" these should be highly out numbered by decent projects.

Many of the projects start well. But after sometime, the promoters will start secretly dumping their tokens and gradually the development work will come to a standstill. The inventors are not going to notice it until too late. That is why I am reluctant to invest in new projects, no matter how promising they may sound. The idea may be really good. But there is no guarantee that the promoters will stay on till the end.
_decentralise

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 01:08:15 PM

Many of the projects start well. But after some time, the promoters will start secretly dumping their tokens and gradually the development work will come to a standstill. The inventors are not going to notice it until too late. That is why I am reluctant to invest in new projects, no matter how promising they may sound. The idea may be really good. But there is no guarantee that the promoters will stay on till the end.

Projects that are interesting to me currently are generally small cap but have a team that has weathered the storm so to speak. Projects that survived 2018 and 2019 for that matter.

If something is too shiny, it raises my suspicion

irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 01:33:41 PM

Many of the projects start well. But after sometime, the promoters will start secretly dumping their tokens and gradually the development work will come to a standstill. The inventors are not going to notice it until too late. That is why I am reluctant to invest in new projects, no matter how promising they may sound. The idea may be really good. But there is no guarantee that the promoters will stay on till the end.

impossible for the promoter to last until the end, because if you have benefited from the project most ICO investors will move to other projects, believe that the desired profit from each investor is not from the product.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 02:52:14 PM

Big cause of the problem is what you observed, the developers itself are the one who dumped what they've hold putting the price of the

token once it's been listed to exchange to fail, it's hard to entrust your investment money to new project unless you are willing to take

the risk and accept what fate will bring you.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 11:35:09 PM

I think we will see the same scenario again because we already seen alts picking up.
Every year it's the same first btc pump then alts get some love for few weeks and couple of days after Christmas. Then a dump. Then fly again!
Personaly I think that the market now is very healthy and it's a nice stepping stone for altcoins this year

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 11:37:24 PM

even now, some coins go up and down simultaneously, including btc.
this is a good time to go short.
because the current fluctuation is very high.
we can see the XLM up to 100% 1 today.
So if you know current market situation, you will do that.

But that was not due to the bitcoin recent rally but mainly due to the news from Ukraine and its partnership with stellar. Bitcoin pushed it higher yes!

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: