Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Taking into consideration the post in OP, do you make an effort to use the correct form of Bitcoin/bitcoin while writing?
Yes
No
I don't care how it is spelt

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know the difference between Bitcoin and bitcoin?  (Read 1356 times)
Mr.sprin

Activity: 1442
Merit: 102

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:33:53 PM

I don't really understand whether writing B and b in bitcoin will refer to the difference in meaning between the two, because according to what I know capital letters are usually used when writing at the beginning of sentences and capital letters are also often used to write abbreviations or acronyms, such as when writing abbreviations from bitcoins (BTC).
In general, it's true like you said letters B and b, there is no difference, only the letters are the same but the placement in different sentences, but in my opinion, the letter B only symbolizes bitcoin. By looking at only the letter B, people will immediately know that what is meant by B is bitcoin, for example. we see a symbol like this $ directly that is pictured in our heads dollar then that's how it is if we see the letter B.

Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:38:21 PM

Nope, I don't know the difference because they're the same, Bitcoin is used if it's at the beginning of the sentence like this one and bitcoin is used in the middle like this one. That's the only difference between the two and you can just use blockchain to refer to it, why do something unnecessary like this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: