Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which websites have hit you with random I.D Verification freezes  (Read 231 times)
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3769

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 07:06:58 PM

The laws are supposed to be applied without retroactive effect, meaning that old users are given the opportunity to withdraw their money without verifying identity, provided that a certain limit is promised or allowed to withdraw all the money and the new restrictions are applied to new users.

Any client-friendly platform does this. The sudden account closure after changing TOS will make many people avoid using it.

Unfortunately, some people add this paragraph to the terms of the service so you can't do anything about it.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 07:47:43 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

Check Binance. Non-verified users can withdraw up to 2BTC per day iirc.

sure, but keep in mind that if you trigger their AML risk system for whatever reason (IP address, browser fingerprint, blockchain analysis of your deposits/withdrawals etc) you can still have KYC sprung on you at any time. there are countless examples if you search through reddit discussions about frozen accounts. binance even has a support article called "How to Unlock an Account" which includes instructions on completing KYC.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
November 14, 2020, 06:35:45 AM

No centralized exchange today that is not asking for verification ID. This KYC had been implemented since 2017, I'm surprise paxful only did it today on you.

I also have a token that I earn through a campaign that I can't do anything but comply with the KYC policy or else I wouldn't be able to do anything on my account. Every time I login it reminds me of the KYC that I need to fill.

Binance has no KYC for withdrawals of up to 2 BTC/day and Poloniex allows for no-KYC account for withdrawals of up to $10k/day. Of course, 'random' account freezes are still possible.

It might be annoying but it's just part of the cryptosphere now and if you want bitcoin to become mainstream then things like this are inevitable like it or not. There are pros and cons to it though. Would you want someone who isn't you to be able to withdraw your coins? At least it's another layer of security in that regard but if you're not comfortable with this sort of verification I would look for other exchanges that don't require them.

What's the difference between someone stealing from an unverified account and someone stealing from a KYC-verified account?

Signature space available for rent.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 03:29:58 PM

It is actually depend on your purpose, you can't suggested for those traders to use hardware wallet because they can't use it anytime.

But, you suggestion will be accepted if there is someone who try to hold bitcoin for several years ahead then it is good for him to choose hardware wallet to storing it.

Actually, there still some exchange even binance who still allowed you buy and sell crypto without you are giving your identity with a note your transaction is not more than 1 BTC.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 05:29:58 PM

It wasn't exactly a random ID verification, but I used to trade at Kraken, and I exchanged pretty big sums there. I didn't trade for a while, and when I came back, I was surprised to learn that they had updated their terms, and I couldn't trade like I used to.

My advice is to use several exchanges to spread the risk, and to quickly move out your coins when you're not trading.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: