Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:33:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is running ETH 2.0 validator node on VPS recommendable?  (Read 31 times)
MoreStamps.Global (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

Stobox: Securities Tokenization

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 01:42:14 PM

Hey folks!

I hope you are guys are making good profits. Coming to the point, owning a required hardware system especially for hosting ETH 2.0 validator node is not feasible for all - economically and practically. Electricity outbreaks, natural disasters, internet downtimes etc. are a few factors that act as a barrier. So, in this situation, is going with VPS for hosting a ETH 2.0 validator node recommended?

If yes, validators also have to be profitable considering VPS costs per month. Popular VPS provider including DigitalOcean, AWS, GCP etc. with required system requirements are costly considering a minimum of 2 years of rent. So, what are the trustable VPS providers to accomplish this task?

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 01:50:30 PM

I have no exact idea about how ETH nodes work but for most of the POS coins with nodes that require being active 24/7, VPS are the good option regular users. You can create your own server but that would require a lot more.
And when I previously tried some VPS, the reason why people prefer Vultr or DigitalOcean is because they have good uptime and they are friendly to crypto nodes. Some of other VPS had their terms against running crypto nodes or limited the nodes of user without informing them.
MoreStamps.Global (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

Stobox: Securities Tokenization

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 01:55:53 PM

I have no exact idea about how ETH nodes work but for most of the POS coins with nodes that require being active 24/7, VPS are the good option regular users. You can create your own server but that would require a lot more.
And when I previously tried some VPS, the reason why people prefer Vultr or DigitalOcean is because they have good uptime and they are friendly to crypto nodes. Some of other VPS had their terms against running crypto nodes or limited the nodes of user without informing them.

I too had hosted a crypto masternode (IFX) on DO. But ETH validator ode requires a very good VPS specs and $5-20 plan of DO doesn't work in the case of ETH.

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: