Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin to be added to BTCchina - according to Bitcoin Group  (Read 908 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:58:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjP447psWho

Right around the 15:55 mark, when asked what coin will be added to BTCchina, there is almost a unanimous consensus that it will be Dogecoin.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
novaspyder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 05:05:36 PM by novaspyder

No surprise there, it's been blatently obvious for the past 2 weeks whales have been preparing for this by forcing the price down and building their positions.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:25:00 PM

lol that won't happen , Bobby Lee wouldn't put that crap on his exchange.

Bobby Lee and Charlie Lee (founder of litecoin ) are brothers , he's not going to put a clone coin of litecoin on his exchange and I'll put up 50 Ltc to anyone who thinks it will happen in 2014.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

he's not going to put a clone coin of litecoin on his exchange and I'll put up 50 Ltc to anyone who thinks it will happen in 2014.

You're on! My 50 DOGE against your 50 LTC says it will.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. The whole "meme" thing is pretty popular in China. Is there a Chinese version of Reddit?

- aka The "DigiMan"
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

Bobby Lee and Charlie Lee (founder of litecoin ) are brothers , he's not going to put a clone coin of litecoin on his exchange and I'll put up 50 Ltc to anyone who thinks it will happen in 2014.

CockLord strikes again! I am fucking "in" with that bet. I would say 50BTC...
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:22:37 PM

A Reddit member posted this regarding some "inside" info that BTCchina would be adding Dogecoin:

I have a problem with this post.
BTCChina is owned by Bob Lee who is the brother of Charlie Lee, the founder of Litecoin.
I just can't see Charlie Lee allowing his brother to implement Dogecoin onto BTCChina (one of China's largest crypto exchange). Doing so would send the value of Dogecoin up and Dogecoin is a direct threat to Litecoin. Yes, I know that we're all related (cryptos), but Dogecoin is seen as a genuine threat to the utility of Litecoin and I can't see a Bob Lee bringing Dogecoin to his exchange when it might undermine Charlie Lee's Litecoin.
Also, remember, Charlie Lee is on the Board of Coinbase and hasn't been too welcoming to the idea of Dogecoin being added to Coinbase.

Charlie Lee /u/coblee actually responded to the above post:

[–]coblee 4 points 6 days ago
Charlie Lee here.
I will not try to convince Bobby to not add Dogecoin to BTCChina. I don't like politics and won't have any of it. A coin should succeed/fail by its own merits and not because of any shady politics.
But people have to be realistic. It took me ~6 months to convince Bobby to add Litecoin to BTCChina. Litecoin has been around for 2+ years and has previously reach $1 billion market cap. And I'm his brother! Given that, the chances that BTCChina will add Dogecoin anytime soon is not very good. But I don't know if they are actually considering it as I haven't talked to him about it. Though something can be said that once you support alt coins, it's easy to add another one.
So don't spread rumors. Be patient. Just like Litecoin, if Dogecoin keeps growing in popularity, exchanges will have to start paying attention.

Discussion can be found here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/20m24j/big_bomb_it_is_said_that_btcchina_will_start/

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:29:59 PM

^ That is a very valid point. It would make sense for Litecoin to get added before Dogecoin. Especially if you are brothers.... which I assume they get along and communicate regularly?

- aka The "DigiMan"
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:33:17 PM

^ That is a very valid point. It would make sense for Litecoin to get added before Dogecoin. Especially if you are brothers.... which I assume they get along and communicate regularly?

LTC is on BTCchina already. The concern was that perhaps BTCchina wouldn't add Dogecoin since it's a threat to Litecoin and the owner of BTCchina is the brother of the founder of Litecoin.

But Charlie Lee (founder of Litecoin) responded to that concern and personally stated that he wouldn't interfere with a decision to add Dogecoin on BTCchina.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
phazon307

Activity: 140

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:34:06 PM

Dogecoin fkn retarded nobody no body serious will ever accept a coin that is based off a meme it is just silly can you imagine the USA saying they will pay you your taxes in Dogecoin wtf this is non sense.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:40:14 PM

Dogecoin fkn retarded nobody no body serious will ever accept a coin that is based off a meme it is just silly can you imagine the USA saying they will pay you your taxes in Dogecoin wtf this is non sense.

You sound exactly like the fucktards that said the EXACT same thing about Bitcoins a few years ago when Bitcoin was only a few cents a coin.

I remember watching CNBC in March of last year when they were comparing BTC to Beanie Babies by displaying their (BTC and Beanie Babies) price charts.  The commentators laughed at BTC.

Just an aside, I'm sure that you're aware that you can pay your US Taxes in Bitcoins now through this service: http://www.coindesk.com/pay-taxes-bitcoin-snapcard-pay-irs/

Hopefully, you're an indication that Dogecoin is going through a similar pattern that Bitcoin went through.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
novaspyder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:07:57 PM

If you are going to have litecoin on the exchange there is no reason not to have DOGE as well.  LTC and DOGE can co-exist just fine.
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:18:53 PM

If i has to guess i would say it will take another 12 months before dogecoin will be added to BTCchina Wink (i hope)

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:35:52 PM

Keep dreaming guys never gonna happen .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: