Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BEWARE] Crypterium.com account blocked because of Wasabiwallet!  (Read 115 times)
Inventor112 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 10:44:06 AM

Dear Crypto holders,

Something very fishy is going on with Crypterium.com

Im Holding an amount over 10.000USD in BTC on my Crpterium.com Wallet!

Since Friday! I received an email that my account is blocked because of „High risk“ deposit of Bitcoin.

The deposit was made 10-15 days prior That ominous email.

They mentioned that my deposit was made from or related to an coin mixer and that I should explain who and why the deposit was made.

I hold my btc always in wasabiwallet for years already and never faced any issues with any trading platform or wallet when i deposit from my wasabi wallet.

Actually the deposit wasn’t made directly from wasabi instead it was send from wasabi to another wallet and then deposited into my Crypterium wallet.

Withdraw of my Bitcoins are disabled and my card is disabled aswell!

I immediately wrote the crypterium security team an email and tried to find an phone contact so I can clear the situation as soon as possible. NO success to find any phone contact.

Account was blocked Friday and till today Monday didn’t get an reply from the security team.

The security team should be available 24/7 as stated on they website.
Phone support isn’t available.
It was 3 Times promissed that the security team will contact me, this never happend.

Im aware of blockchain analysis but I never expected that wallet provider will go that far.

I read the terms of service and privacy policies, nothing is mentioned there about something like that.

I will report as soon as I get an answer from crypterium.

Overall I have to say that I should be much more aware of the company crypterium there is no phone contact and the security team seems to be inactive over the weekend.

The reviews the last days showing that they are blocking account for no reason and never pay back the money or even BTC.

I can send screenshots of the email censored to any crypto reporter if needed.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 5033

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 10:52:49 AM

It might be a good idear to open a formal scam accusation...
here's the correct subforum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
here's the procedure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0

That being said: it should be completely up to you which wallet you use... It shouldn't matter if you ran your money trough a string of mixers, coinjoin or privacy-centric coins: as long as they don't have any direct proof the source of the btc is illegal, they should not have blocked your account.

However, i've seen other exchanges doing exactly the same: putting the burden of proof with their clients... Basically saying their clients are guilty untill proven innocent (instead of the other way around). It's either an easy way of scamming their clients or an easy way to force their clients into not using certain wallets or mixing their coins because it would make it harder for them to proof certain funds were obtained illegally.
It's exactly the opposite of what seems like the right thing  to do (at least, to me it does)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 03:21:19 PM

"Your money - your way" (crypterium motto) yeah right?
Unfortunately, you have probably entered the realm of source of funds as per their AML/KYC Policy
https://crypterium.com/content/Crypterium_AMLKYC_policy.pdf

It's your right to be contacted to solve the matter and it's their duty to make those checks (if you read those policies it's all in there).

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 12:02:57 AM

Never heard of them.

More and more exchanges will be doing this. Coinjoin stuff leaves a very distinctive whiff and exchanges have been known to go many, many levels down. I remember someone getting their account shut by Coinmama for a tx more than 15 steps away from their wallet.

Hopefully you get this resolved and you're vastly better off keeping full control over your own crypto in future. Make some noise on Twitter and places like r/bitcoin. That'll get them responding faster than any ticket.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: