Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we trust cryptocurrency without most/all of its users running full nodes?  (Read 21 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 08:12:02 AM

Can we trust cryptocurrency without most/all of its users running full nodes? I don't think so.
 Running full nodes gives users of a Cryptocurrency full right in that Cryptocurrency Network. Not running full nodes means you have little to no power/right on the Network. You can't be part of full consensus/governance and you don't benefit from all the features/security of the cryptocurrency. So people with full nodes basically exercise all the right/power and enjoy this^ benefits.
Unfortunately, it's not easy to run full node when a Blockchain becomes to big for average people to download and run. So only few people/companies are able to run full nodes. Do you know the consequences of allowing this to happen? The few can manipulate things if they are bad actors, know each other and working together against the network.  This makes a cryptocurrency very insecure. There won't be checks and balances to prevent them from harming/taking-over the network. I would not advice anyone to trust such cryptocurrency

I previously shared how we can easily make millions of people run full nodes. Some people copied the idea and modified for selfish reasons. They even made it hard for people to understand that the idea was copied. Very childish thing to do! Instead of doing what is right they abuse it.  Wont be surprised if they have modified and patented it.   Rather than make it possible for millions to run full nodes for security sake, the complicated it and build things that can easily be abused/centralized.

✔ Interesting way to get millions of people run full nodes.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5224657.msg53809244#msg53809244

A Cryptocurrency Network must make sure most or all users run full nodes or it should not be considered secure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: