Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:46:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen for Amazon to accept Bitcoin?  (Read 865 times)
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 01:31:48 PM

In my opinion, what will happen if Amazon accepts bitcoin is that there will be quite a large mass adoption of bitcoin because there are many factors that will support the mass adoption, one of which is if bitcoin can be used in one of the largest marketplace platforms, there will be many people switching from USD to bitcoin. because the difference in fees is quite large and also the speed of wire transfer and bitcoin transactions will make bitcoin superior and the best option for making payments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 01:53:07 PM

Amazon will accept Bitcoin only if two things happen:
1.The Bitcoin price becomes stable in the long term.
2.Millions of people start using Bitcoin for retail purchases online.This means that Bitcoin will be less suitable for an investment asset and more suitable as an actual currency.
With the Bitcoin price going up and an expected bullish market in the next months,I can't see Amazon accepting BTC payments.Less people will use BTC to buy stuff and more people will prefer to HODL.
Maybe Jeff Bezos will buy some BTC and start trading crypto,but Amazon won't accept any crypto coins for a long time.

molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 01:53:29 PM

In your opinion if Amazon accepts bitcoin, where will its value go and what do you think about this matter? Kiss Kiss Kiss

Right now, there's a big possibility that they would accept bitcoin as a mode of payment in Amazon because PayPal accepts it recently. Paypal's news that accepts bitcoin would hint to other businesses that they would accept it too as a part of a business's progress. Amazon would probably think if they would accept it now as other big businesses accepted it. They might just be learning it first before accepting it because we all know bitcoin price is not that stable compared to fiat.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 02:25:35 PM

Amazon is working like a usual store. No that big advantage if they will accept Bitcoin but just another payment method. I also doubt customers will use mostly bitcoin payments here as it's more convenient to pay them thru bank cards.

Paypal on the other hand will take advantage of crypto-payments because of fees. And that's their service after all, payment processing system.

But whatever it is, it will be a good domino effect if Amazon will accept bitcoin as other merchants will surely follow. More acceptance, more awareness.

I can foresee that sooner or later, Amazon will also accept bitcoin or other alts in their payment system. It will be a domino effect when that happens. Other large ecommerce sites will follow. I guess, they are already thinking this by now.
Ever since Paypal and some Banks have already supported Bitcoin Amazon have already accepted Bitcoin as payment indirectly mate because the last time I checked all giant online shopping and store site integrated PayPal as one of their mode of payment but if Amazon public make the announcement of support Bitcoin it will also help Bitcoin to gain more awareness and surge in price.

nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 02:30:11 PM

If indeed Amazon is finally accepting payments with Bitcoin, then of course it will soon be copied by many other e-commerce sites around the world. The government will certainly take this into account. However, it is not certain that the government will just agree.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:00:05 PM

Amazon is working like a usual store. No that big advantage if they will accept Bitcoin but just another payment method. I also doubt customers will use mostly bitcoin payments here as it's more convenient to pay them thru bank cards.

Paypal on the other hand will take advantage of crypto-payments because of fees. And that's their service after all, payment processing system.

But whatever it is, it will be a good domino effect if Amazon will accept bitcoin as other merchants will surely follow. More acceptance, more awareness.

I can foresee that sooner or later, Amazon will also accept bitcoin or other alts in their payment system. It will be a domino effect when that happens. Other large ecommerce sites will follow. I guess, they are already thinking this by now.
Ever since Paypal and some Banks have already supported Bitcoin Amazon have already accepted Bitcoin as payment indirectly mate because the last time I checked all giant online shopping and store site integrated PayPal as one of their mode of payment but if Amazon public make the announcement of support Bitcoin it will also help Bitcoin to gain more awareness and surge in price.

Indeed, it has a big effect on the market if some e-commerce will adopt the use of bitcoin as their payment because any person that is using that website to buy will be curious what bitcoin is, and it is a big opportunity also to the community as the knowledge and the goodness of this token will become famous, just like what happen to Paypal when they allow bitcoin as payment since it is a system that processes payments. It's a big advantage to the market to gain more investors and also to help every project that is when they studied everything that is important to know before investing.
VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:04:51 PM

I think some website already offers that, I'm not quite sure about this website I just saw this on the goods section before https://purse.io/shop
I don't recommend it since I haven't used that one before so I don't know if it is legitimate or not.
If you have some time maybe you could check it out and maybe give us a feedback about it?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 04:08:45 PM

If Amazon accepts bitcoin as another payment option, it will certainly make Bitcoin even more known because it is adopted by the world's E-Commerce giants. However, Amazon has yet to accept Bitcoin, not because Amazon is afraid, but because of a lack of regulation. If the biggest e-commerce companies like Amazon accept bitcoin payments, there will be a huge surge in asset popularity that will ultimately put Amazon and Bitcoin at risk. The acceptance of Bitcoin as a means of payment still needs to be researched and reviewed at an advanced level, because it is not only the usual adoption that is in mind but, their customers are very important too.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:11:44 PM

The chance of Amazon to get into the bitcoin acceptance on business isn't gonna happen unexpected or in a short. Already Amazon have created its inbuilt wallet that gets used similar to the Alipay. Those are just the digital form of fiat that can be added to the Amazon Wallet and can be accessed with ease. Possibly Amazon will try to have its own cryptocurrency and bitcoin into the business.

Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:20:00 PM

Most technology enthusiasts and traders are at least familiar with Bitcoin or however very few are aware of the underlying technology that makes virtual currency possible. Blockchains are the public ledger for all bitcoin transactions but they are a revolutionary exchange method that changes the way contracts are managed. However, with the improvement of everything through technology Amazon has started introducing Bitcoin to improve their business as it will make their transactions much easier to accept PayPal crypto.

Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 05:54:22 PM

Amazon has gained worldwide recognition as a multinational online-based e-commerce business. It does not seem that such an organization would easily associate a new medium of exchange like Bitcoin with their transactions. On the other hand, Bitcoin is not suitable for use as a medium of transaction due to its price volatility. Its stability is very important in completing daily life transactions through Bitcoin. So in my opinion, due to the high volatility of Bitcoin, Amazon will not be of much interest to the use of bitcoin, but if Amazon uses Bitcoin as their medium of transaction, the global demand for Bitcoin will increase exponentially and its value will increase manifold.

Renampun

Activity: 2296
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 06:19:08 PM

I don't think Amazon will accept bitcoins as payment on their e-commerce...
jeff Bezos is not that interested in Bitcoin, maybe they are not currently planning to accept Bitcoin as payment because the regulations in the US on Bitcoin are still unclear.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bonjouros

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 06:58:38 PM

It will be a matter of time, I am pretty sure that Amazon will surely to accept bitcoin or other crypto currencies out there once they are ready for it. Right now the move of PayPal will surely to create a big impact especially to Amazon as they are the global leader in e-commerce.

If Amazon will start accepting bitcoin, I am pretty sure that bitcoin price will surely to skyrocket and it will be the time that monopolizing the bitcoin price  will become difficult especially for the big whales out there. Let's just wait, maybe 1-5 years from now we will be shock that Amazon is already starting to accept a crypto payment.
de_ingenious

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 07:17:47 PM

I believe Amazon will hop on, but fiat will be the main thing anyway, especially in retail. We might get a price bump at start, but not much after that
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 09:52:57 PM

Depends on which part of Amazon.
The retail side will more or less have to convert BTC to fiat. They have tight margins and are always growing / expanding so they need to keep cash moving.
So it might give a boost to the price on the announcement but after that not much.

On the AWS side, they might do some arbitrage and sit on it for a bit till the price goes up before selling, but they really can't just sit on it like cash in the bank.

-Dave

We know they will have to convert but the best part is the news about acceptance. Many people, especially those who don't own any bitcoins will not even understand how this works, for them the important part will be news of growing acceptance indicating an opportunity to buy.

If you saw those two words Amazon and Bitcoin together all you'd probably think is how much the price is going to surge if PayPal managed to achieve so much in such a short time.

New investors will not look for a way to spend bitcoins that they don't have. 
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 11:55:24 PM

personally, I find it difficult to make transactions with cross-border merchants or service providers that have limited payment options. I usually need to find a third-party service provider for that. amazon should consider crypto, or at least cooperate with a custodial crypto payment gateway for that.

however, with Paypal starts "accepting" bitcoin, it can be a bridge to let you buy stuff on Amazon with crypto.
I found this on Paypal website: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-out-with-paypal-on-amazon-faq3899

While Amazon does not directly accept PayPal payments, there are workarounds that allow you to use your PayPal account to buy on Amazon.

To use PayPal as a payment option on Amazon, you can use your PayPal Cash Card, PayPal Business Debit Mastercard or PayPal Key.

We have the bridge now, PayPal.
now we could expect PayPal to push "their adoption" to let bitcoin holders on Paypal uses this "bitcoin" as a currency.
tunaduong (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 01:10:25 PM

I believe Amazon will hop on, but fiat will be the main thing anyway, especially in retail. We might get a price bump at start, but not much after that
I think the trend is probably that they will partially accept bitcoin as a new method of payment in the years to come as Bitcoin will be recognized as a legitimate asset.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 01:51:30 PM

I don't think Amazon will accept bitcoins as payment on their e-commerce...
jeff Bezos is not that interested in Bitcoin, maybe they are not currently planning to accept Bitcoin as payment because the regulations in the US on Bitcoin are still unclear.
how do you know that he isn't interested, I'd believe on you more if you can show me an article that Jeff states his opinion on btc but people can change .
I know a top personality that don't accept btc at first but later they shocked the public and we find out that btc is now a part of thier business .
Maybe the reason on why they didn't accept btc is because of regulation , there's no need to rush because if they push it that can be the reason for thier business to go bad
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 02:54:22 PM

Big companies that usually have online transactions will be one of the prospects for this. Amazon? They are soon to adopt crypto as well just like what other companies did. They are unto the competition and it's their choice to make a change otherwise, they will be left behind from the race.

We can't deny such interest, they know surely what will happen if they into the adoption. May it can't realize this time but probably, in the next days. There is no way to skip these chances, this is a big boost for their companies since people are now using Bitcoin for online payment and any transacting businesses.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
posi

Activity: 2226
Merit: 579

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 03:18:14 PM

I think the trend is probably that they will partially accept bitcoin as a new method of payment in the years to come as Bitcoin will be recognized as a legitimate asset.
Despite the Bitcoin being recognized  by Paypal and also integrated as one of their payment methods is too early to decide Bitcoin to be used as a legitimate asset because this was one of the reasons why some government and institutions don't want to support or legalize Bitcoin but Paypal integration of Bitcoin have already make 96% of all online shops to acknowledge Bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄