CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 04:16:45 PM

Not starting a formal auction yet, just putting out feelers. Asking 29BTC.

I'm located in NYC and preference will be given to buyers who could collect locally, but I'm open to nonlocal offers, too. I'll make arrangements to take better pictures in the near future, if there's interest.

hope you get it!! last one didn’t go for that much.

also a word of caution for you, get a signed purchase agreement put together by a competent attorney where the buyer attests to source of btc being clean.
you will be pinged by some attempting to pay you with btc linked to scams, thefts etc... amount is large enough to launder ill gotten coins?
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 04:34:41 PM

Not starting a formal auction yet, just putting out feelers. Asking 29BTC.

I'm located in NYC and preference will be given to buyers who could collect locally, but I'm open to nonlocal offers, too. I'll make arrangements to take better pictures in the near future, if there's interest.

Happy to assist locally with trusted escrow etc if needed.

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Darklight1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 06:09:45 PM

My God that's beautiful.
SatsLife

Activity: 794
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 10:26:21 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2020, 10:44:50 PM by SatsLife
Merited by TheNovemberMan (10)

Shocked Watching.

also a word of caution for you, get a signed purchase agreement put together by a competent attorney where the buyer attests to source of btc being clean.
you will be pinged by some attempting to pay you with btc linked to scams, thefts etc... amount is large enough to launder ill gotten coins?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Canary here. This is also why the premiums for larger denominations will only decrease over time, there is too much risk involved. Easier to peel and redeem and sell the coin afterwards. Also, you may want to check on any tax consequences. I believe after 10 years holding there is less (or near zero, but dont quote me on that) capital gains tax, and if you're the first owner then we are almost at 10 years.   

What are your thoughts on coinjoins, Canary?

yimfinity

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 10:57:29 PM

Shocked Watching.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Canary here. This is also why the premiums for larger denominations will only decrease over time, there is too much risk involved. Easier to peel and redeem and sell the coin afterwards. Also, you may want to check on any tax consequences. I believe after 10 years holding there is less (or near zero, but dont quote me on that) capital gains tax, and if you're the first owner then we are almost at 10 years.   

What are your thoughts on coinjoins, Canary?

Will be interesting to see if BTCC premium increases vs. Casascius over time based on this due to BTCC funding from the coinbase transaction directly.
ParleFrance

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 03:21:18 PM

User 'ssm' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.
I don't like to share my offer in public, can you allow messages to newbies or private message me your telegram for contact?
Great coin! Would love to take it off your hands if the price is right for both of us.
Cheers.
ssm (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 03:22:34 PM

User 'ssm' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.
I don't like to share my offer in public, can you allow messages to newbies or private message me your telegram for contact?
Great coin! Would love to take it off your hands if the price is right for both of us.
Cheers.

Fixed.
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 03:28:51 PM

Cheers.
ssm keep everything on forum. Telegram escrow impersonators and spoofing are one of the biggest way people end up losing coins or being scammed.
You should be able to go into your Profile and then Personal Message Options and check "allow newbies to send you PMs."
Use one of the well known escrows here and you will be alright. Hopefully they can go above and beyond and help you ensure the bitcoin being used to pay are not flagged/dirty aswell.

For both of you you can buy a Copper Membership to ease up some of the newbie restrictions. Miniscule fee if you're dealing with 25BTC here. Nevermind I don't think it makes PM restrictions any better. Only public replies to threads.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 03:54:36 PM

there is no privacy on these forums and everything is copied
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: