Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:15:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XYO Foundation/Coin App  (Read 61 times)
CLE_Maximus (OP)

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

I'll sell my soul for a Honda S2000

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 03:30:37 PM

I would love some feedback in my reddit post too, I want to hear the communities thoughts. Copy/paste from my original post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/XYONetwork/comments/jwg2c7/xyocoin_truly_the_most_ambiguous_cryptocurrency/

No, you aren't alone in thinking this company is a unicorn and they want to hand you the ethereal reins for you to ride.

Lets break down their mission statement for example: Facilitate education, research, and continued development of the XYO Protocol to increase understanding of the public benefit of an incentive driven geospatial location network.

Translation? -- Our mission is to teach users how to use our app, research how we can make more money from them and develop more ways to keep people using it.

Take the company for face value at what they offer and how you benefit. They monetize ads that they get payed several cents for and offer you fractions of a penny worth of COIN. The subscription model is not profitable unless you are constantly moving and have one of their Sentinel devices. (For example: Truckers, delivery drivers, bikers, pretty much anyone moving long distances at a rate of 10+ MPH)

The Geoclaim feature is useless. You will never make back more than what you put in, it is essentially a black hole to throw your COIN in.

The XYO cryptocurrency/COIN App is purely a gimmick to entice people into their subscription based model. Why else would it pop up every single time you use the app?

All of that being said, my stance on the company is neutral. The subscription model is detrimental to the average user but statistically profitable for long-distance users — as long as their coin price doesn’t hit absolute zero.
Mr Bungle

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 11:10:49 AM

I just logged into my "coin" app, and see they've made some updates since the last time I "geomined" with it about 6-8 months ago... I then forgot all about it for a while. I had a lot of hope for the app and the coin technology behind it. It's definitely a great Idea but just don't know what to think about it anymore, it seems there are at least 10 people in my small region still staking a claim this week. I guess I'd say I'm neutral as well. Crypto keeps being accepted by more and more people everyday so it may just take off soon... here's hoping!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: