Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worldcoin under attack  (Read 3974 times)
Thorgrim (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 05:44:45 PM

Worldcoin is under attack from other alt coins today after it posted a 25%+ gain on mcxnow, cryptsy, and vircurex.

The blockchain explorer that feeds coinmarketcap.com is under ddos attack currently and also went down 2 other days that Worldcoin was up.

The Worldcoin Wiki has been deleted by other alt coin members trying to erase it from history because of the threat it presents to them.

Worldcoin is working very hard with a strong community behind it, and these action will not be tolerated.

Worldcoin is one of the most popular crypto currencies with fast transaction times and transaction malleability resistance to prevent double spends and miner pool manipulation.

The amount of development and things happening right now for Worldcoin is more than we have seen this whole year. Great things are coming and we have the amazing community to thank for that.

If you are a supporter of Worldcoin, please help counteract these attacks, and help us track down exactly where the source of these attacks are coming from.

If you are trying to stop Worldcoin from growing through these juvenile attacks, you are not cool, not transparent, and hurt the entire cyrptocurrency movement with your actions.

The Worldcoin community and supporters are coming together to build something great for everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

as bad as the people making all the scam coins are i think this is more than likely being done to direct attention to world coin by the people that support worldcoin

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 05:53:52 PM

as bad as the people making all the scam coins are i think this is more than likely being done to direct attention to world coin by the people that support worldcoin

That is a laughable theory.

Every time this happens it hurts Worldcoins momentum on the exchanges and I receive multiple emails asking why the coin is missing from coinmarketcap.com. It is not the type of attention we want.

The Alt coin community needs to be aware that there are people or groups working behind the scenes to sabotage Worldcoin.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:58:46 PM

Every time this happens it hurts Worldcoins momentum on the exchanges and I receive multiple emails asking why the coin is missing from coinmarketcap.com. It is not the type of attention we want.

The Alt coin community needs to be aware that there are people or groups working behind the scenes to sabotage Worldcoin.

there are people working to trash loads of coins including the coin i run but posting threads like this just encourage them to do it again as they know it is affecting the coin like they want

kevorsen

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:00:21 PM

Not to mention a 'not to be mentioned' coin community representative, sent 'me' a taunt email after getting our wikipedia entry deleted with his 'friend group'.

I really don't like to call people out, so I will just say such incident was true, there was even an attempt of extortion by this "altcoin community."

anyway, We at worldcoin is trying to do things right, I suppose we will just have to deal with some level of plagarism.... (I bet all coins get some)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:01:50 PM

Dude, cut the BS, seriously.  Let's be men about it.  We ALL KNOW that every single coin that's just a clone of Litecoin is going straight to zero and there's absolutely nothing that you can do about it.  The dynamics of the PoW system might not even be able to securely support TWO coins with identical hashing algorithms, let alone 5000.  We all know what those two contender coins for generic Scrypt are gonna be, LITECOIN AND DOG COIN.

Even mentioning the name Worldcoin at all is like worrying about what's going to happen to a dinner napkin on the deck of the Titanic.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:03:27 PM

world coin should count it self lucky it didn't get put on the list of coins people want to kill > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.msg5783782#msg5783782 as it has made people dump over 5% of all ADT in existence and made the price drop by over 50% !

( the only reason it got on that list is because the person starting that thread has a competing coin )

botornig

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:38:52 PM

You trolls crack me up.  We all know that Worldcoin is faster than btc, ltc, and, doge and is rapidly adding merchants to its list. Worldcoin has been and always will be at the top of the cryptocoin list.  Worldcoin was worth over 20M USD before doge was even released. Stop your wdc hating trying to push doge. Its pretty annoying and everyone can see through your agenda on these forums.

I can assure that Worldcoin is under attack, and when they expose who is attacking them, you will see how uncool this other alt community is.

Worldcoin has a thriving and strong community behind it, that is prepping this coin for a big future.

No need to hate on its success.
rockstar888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

Dude, cut the BS, seriously.  Let's be men about it.  We ALL KNOW that every single coin that's just a clone of Litecoin is going straight to zero and there's absolutely nothing that you can do about it.  The dynamics of the PoW system might not even be able to securely support TWO coins with identical hashing algorithms, let alone 5000.  We all know what those two contender coins for generic Scrypt are gonna be, LITECOIN AND DOG COIN.

Even mentioning the name Worldcoin at all is like worrying about what's going to happen to a dinner napkin on the deck of the Titanic.

not sure why you put dogecoin there at all. guess u just gave away your allegiance.  doge is what? 1/20 of lite?

I feel bad for worldcoin here, cause Megacoin was under some assault by the same group of foul barkers as well previously.
though I do see Worldcoin holding up quite well, in fact, making into new highs.. I wish you guys luck!

Megacoin is next !!  Buy while you can!
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

You trolls crack me up.  We all know that Worldcoin is faster than btc, ltc, and, doge

You must have just gotten off the banana boat.  Low block times are a detriment, not an innovation.  Since you seem to be so sure of yourself, dump all your BTC into Fastcoin and see what happens.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:28:10 PM

For correct price data use this resource: http://www.wdcboard.com/

Still up 20-25% today.  Grin

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 11:44:19 PM

Looks like this issue if affecting mulitple coins: http://cryptocoinexplorer.com/

The Goldcoin (GLD) legacy explorer is down also!  Embarrassed

[Edit: The new Goldcoin explorer is up and running fine: http://gold.cryptocoinexplorer.com]
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:56:44 PM

Every time I read about a coin under attack or an exchange. It just reassures me these coins will never gain wide acceptance. I mean all of the coins. LTC and BTC included. If problems keep happening more an more people will say screw these coins and people that do not support crypto's will say I told you it is just fake play money. Let the natural free market make the selection of what coins survive. No matter how crappy they are.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:08:43 AM

Every time I read about a coin under attack or an exchange. It just reassures me these coins will ever gain wide acceptance.

That's what people said to the Wright brothers when they were building their flying machine.  Kiss

tom14cat14

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:15:39 AM

Every time I read about a coin under attack or an exchange. It just reassures me these coins will ever gain wide acceptance.

That's what people said to the Wright brothers when they were building their flying machine.  Kiss

Your right I should not have said will never. It will just take much much longer. Of course people thought pet rocks were a good thing and pogs and many other things where are they now.
tom14cat14

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:17:12 AM

BTW it is funny you use this example I fly those flying things.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:21:08 AM

there are people working to trash loads of coins including the coin i run but posting threads like this just encourage them to do it again as they know it is affecting the coin like they want

So just run and hide. Sounds like a great plan. Not. Stand up for the coins you support, don't bow down.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Colaxais

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:40:46 AM

When people actively attack your services, it means you're doing something right.
Hopefully the Committee keep up the outstanding work they've been doing.
HysonCorp

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:03:00 AM

When people actively attack your services, it means you're doing something right.
Hopefully the Committee keep up the outstanding work they've been doing.

came to say the same.

I admire your transparent meeting minute approach.
I will wait for a retrace, and add another 3-5 BTC, as I find you guys reassuring.

Worldcoin is quickly getting to be my #2 holding next to Litecoins.

right now I have the following:

50% Litecoin
20% Worldcoin
20% Dogecoin
10% others.

HighSociety

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:31:33 AM

I agree. I'm also expanding my holding of Worldcoin. In my opinion it's one of the most transparant crypto's out there. The committee is working hard and it shows. I'm looking to expand my holding to 20k of worldcoin over the next period!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: