Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius coin: 100 Bar, 1, .5, .25 Detailed steps/checklist to sell unredeemed?  (Read 221 times)
MountainTime (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 03:34:12 PM

I have pics but it wont let me share the beauty of the coins. Is there anyone in this forum who would realistically be interested in buying a 100Bar, 25 coin? Or is it better to just redeemed it and sell the redeemed bar/coin after? Are there any outlines showing beginning to end steps when selling a physical casascius? what premium would someone pay?

There are also a few unredeemed .5 BTC coins, a single 1BTC coin as well. those i imagine are easier to sell. can those be marked up 2x?

Does the transaction have to happen in person? Is it done at a lawyers office or other location? How to make sure they are safe during transaction?

Does it have to be certified through ANACS or ICG etc? that seems to require sending it in the mail. doesn't sound safe.

where to buy those clear plastic covers for a coin?

How does escrow work in this forum? how much does an escrow cost? list of names to trust. which escrows are willing to do it online vs in person. fees?

I have family who obtained the coins from Mike C and are the first owners. http://
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 03:44:32 PM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

First of all, with bitcoin's growth to near ATH we are seeing more and more nefarious activity happening amongst the Collectibles/Goods section. As this is the case you have to understand that the majority of collectors here are on high alert with newbie accounts.

If you are serious you will receive all the information you need here and be provided with the safest way to redeem and/or sell. Keep in mind you should stay on the Collectibles board and through private messages here on the forum. Do not let someone get you to move the conversation to Telegram or WhatsApp. Usually they are scammers and trying to separate you and your coins.

To prove you are serious we would require you to upload pictures including the Casascius items you have aswell as your username, the date, the current block height and the last 5 or 6 digits of its hash on a piece of paper.
As a newbie you will not be able to embed them but if you provide us the link in a post one of the other members will reply after and post them for you.
SwissFrank

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 05:34:30 PM

Hi,

I would be interested to buy a 0.5 Casascius. I can't write you a private message as I am a newbie.

I would take minerjones as escrow (my expense).

Don't hesitate to contact me for your price.

Thx.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: