Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Voskcoin's Solar Mining Gamble?
Solar vs BTC HODL is better! - 1 (25%)
Solar vs BTC Mine is better! - 2 (50%)
Solar Benifits Youtube Channel Aspect! - 0 (0%)
Unsure If This Will Work! - 1 (25%)
No Viewpoint! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voskcoin going Solar with POW Mining? Wise or Not?  (Read 111 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 08:01:54 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2020, 08:18:49 PM by Searing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgMe1tTHpH0

So question? Is Voskcoin making the right choice for a solar mining farm and house on 50 acres.

Not a slam, on Vosk..he likely will pull it off, but the thread is can Vosk pull this off with POW miners?

I'm unsure, IMHO, my view is that 'maybe' POW mining is dead for even the sized project Voskcoin wants to do...may be too small.

In other words, are the 'big boys' going to wipe out even something the size of Vosk's Solar dream? Or the usual question, would you

not be better off just HODL'ing coin?

Anyway, your talks on if Vosk can pull this off? Is his reasoning based on his channel income mostly to keep that going?

Discuss here, I myself think he has big brass ones! Smiley

Consider taking the poll here. Smiley

Brad

edit: by the by, in the youtube video above he states he is going to try to only run the miners during the day on solar...again...I'm unsure how this boat

will float..but your thoughts here on how such could work (or not) please post here. Perhaps I am behind the curve and solar is at a point where even

I too could toss some panels on my house, for my own use, to mine and it makes sense. Currently, Xcel in the Midwest USA will ONLY buy back 10% of

my previous average for 1 year of electric use...and they re-check this average every 6 months...thus at $60 a month now for a bill...they would pay me $66

MAX and take the rest of the electricity back for free to them. Yeah, nice rackett...so the key here is a solar arrangement that is completely separate from Xcel...

ie not dependent on the meter.....which seems to be what Vosk is trying to do as well for the most part. Anyway, again comments and posts please. Don't

forget the poll! Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 08:02:08 PM

reserved.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 12:02:02 AM

As what Vosk have already mentioned in his videos, he mines mostly for the continuous passive profit. Yes it wouldn't be wise if you would mine and expect a profit in just a year, yet Voskcoin thinks and sees the opposite. This solar powered mining would not only be beneficial for him in the long run, but also to his kids and grandkids in the future. As what the old miners also have done and still currenltydoing, it is better to invest on something that would give you a passive income, even if it would cost you millions to establish.

Think of his projects as like building a small hotel/apartment, it would require a huge investment, yet it would be good in the long run.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 05:19:45 AM

As what Vosk have already mentioned in his videos, he mines mostly for the continuous passive profit. Yes it wouldn't be wise if you would mine and expect a profit in just a year, yet Voskcoin thinks and sees the opposite. This solar powered mining would not only be beneficial for him in the long run, but also to his kids and grandkids in the future. As what the old miners also have done and still currenltydoing, it is better to invest on something that would give you a passive income, even if it would cost you millions to establish.

Think of his projects as like building a small hotel/apartment, it would require a huge investment, yet it would be good in the long run.

I suppose this makes sense, however, you could also do the same without mining, which means just take the same money and buy BTC/Crypto now and probably

you would be farther ahead ... than the year he says it will take to get this all up to speed. Again, I think about such things often. In my state (Xcel) it makes no sense

in anything more than 10% of your use is the max they will cover...looked at and re-evaluated every 6 months....so at $60 now before solar..anything above $66 bucks

will be the max they will pay you. So no chance of putting up something with 3x the solar I need to sell back to the electric utility anymore, that ship has sailed.

So my only option is to look at this, as Vosk from Voskcoin would look at this. But without something like his channel to show the ins and outs of how this is done

it makes no sense. Much like the old computer tutorial car repair books, where they tore the car down to show how to repair/assembly guide. In other words,

the only reason they bought the car was to make the tutorial book. As with Vosk and his Voskcoin channel...this makes the same sense to get eyeballs to the

Voskcoin Youtube Channel...not that there is anything wrong with such. But in MOST of our cases, I just can't see it making any sense over just using that kinda

infrastructure $$$ to just buy the BTC and HODL it. Now, if you NEVER will buy the BTC and HODL it, unless you leap into POW mining to do so...(dig a hole, jump

in and solar mine your way out) from a long term HODL view...that works also. You do what ya gotta do to HODL BTC. But still more risk with solar in my case,

even if only the same modest setup as he has, and only runs it during the day than just using the same $$$ to HODL BTC. No equipment issues/late delivery of POW based

ASIC machines or one year ahead $$$ tied up to get the solar farm off the ground. Anyway I'm glad he is doing such, but I would be a lot more excited if I could

pull this off as home mining would make  enough to pay off both the solar and equipment..which in Minnesota at ave (used solar calculator) of 6 hrs a day ave charge

time due to earth's location ...sunshine wise...that boat won't float. Unless Vosk of Voskcoin pulls off something to show me how to do or maybe a working method.

But again, it will be fun to watch how he works it out...and hope springs eternal! (er...for me not so much...my regular Xcel full discount Winter costs for electric

now has gone up about 2c kWh to 12.85c kWh...so essentially, the ONLY, way I could POW mine would be his method...and for reasons stated above, as much

fun as I would have..that is not gonna happen. Instead, I'm attic mining crap out of my attic I'd otherwise die with and selling it on eBay and then buying BTC

dust with that..it is boring..it is ugly...but hey...when I get done I'll have an empty attic for a rec room, increasing the value of my house..and all that nice BTC

dust. Also, (damn it) with the Covid-19 Pandemic and retired...I really, really have trapped myself and have no reason but to admit laziness to know do such.

Ah, life, always a frigging catch!

Brad

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 03:43:38 PM

He's probably taking a big risk if he considers the Return on his minining Investment and investing when mining is not very profitable. I'd only consider such investment if I have other more profitable businesses that the solar power can be switched to when coin mining becomes unprofitable. In my opinion, Mining equipments  should be built to serve other purposes, just in case mining becomes unprofitable. Multi purposes usage of these equipments could make them profitable and very useful long-term
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: