Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:51:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin value VS gold value  (Read 143 times)
bert1587 (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 70

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:17:21 AM

What determines the value of Bitcoin

How long will the price of Bitcoin rise?

Is Bitcoin a commodity or a currency?
I see that the price of Bitcoin is skyrocketing, and this is what makes it dangerous

How investors pay huge sums in a currency that may lose its value at any moment

What if Bitcoin faced the threat of a global ban?
At this moment it will become worthless
Some countries recognize it, others do not, and some ban it completely

We are in danger
Is it a bubble that may disappear at any time?

I see it as a pretty easy currency, better than cash
But there may be an adjustment that poses a risk to us investors
This amendment includes determining the value of Bitcoin so that it does not rise abnormally like gold

Now, we find that gold has an almost constant value, and it increases by a specific percentage annually

And gold is also what we use in printing currencies
It is what we have been using for thousands of years and this is what makes it the basis

Countries can not print money except with gold reserves
Will bitcoin replace gold one day Huh?
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:25:11 AM

From your first question if bitcoin will be at its end someday, I high doubt it would not because currently a lot of people are investing here in bitcoin as well as altcoins. It would not vanished like that instantly so do not be afraid from that. Your second question if bitcoin would be like the value of gold or if it will replace, most certainly not. One of the main reasons why because it is a raw material and bitcoin is just a currency.
Inspiron14

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:27:29 AM

the value of Bitcoin and the value of gold if compared and sorted by history, will be the same,
now Bitcoin is in a zone where the price of Gold is still very cheap, and finally Gold goes up so high,
this will be the same as Bitcoin, because Bitcoin also has a limited supply and will make Bitcoin Gold version 2.

kasakola

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 12:35:00 PM

There is a lot between Bitcoin and Gold, because if you look at Bitcoin at one time, you will see that it was not priced at that time, but now when you look at the price of Bitcoin, gold will look the same, I think both sides have made good profits now. But now I think bitcoin is worth a lot more than gold, because the crypto market without bitcoin is obsolete, so bitcoin is valuable to me.

Wenbing

Activity: 518
Merit: 32

There is gold in volatility..

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 12:43:00 PM

I see that the price of Bitcoin is skyrocketing, and this is what makes it dangerous

We are in danger

This amendment includes determining the value of Bitcoin so that it does not rise abnormally like gold

Now, we find that gold has an almost constant value, and it increases by a specific percentage annually

It is what we have been using for thousands of years and this is what makes it the basis

This is an applied economic question.
Firstly, the economy is always in trough and crest, which is called economic cycles in economic science. If btc has a fixed supply and its demand is skyrocketing, that means there is an element of bubble being created.

While Gold is a commodity that is globally and generally accepted, btc is like a digital gold that is not globally and generally accepted at this time.

I am sure that btc price will stablise someday, either by market forces or by regulation.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bert1587 (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 70

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 12:53:57 PM

We are in danger

This is an applied economic question.
Firstly, the economy is always in trough and crest, which is called economic cycles in economic science. If btc has a fixed supply and its demand is skyrocketing, that means there is an element of bubble being created.

While Gold is a commodity that is globally and generally accepted, btc is like a digital gold that is not globally and generally accepted at this time.

I am sure that btc price will stablise someday, either by market forces or by regulation.

I strongly agree with you
The price of Bitcoin must stabilize
Because it is not reasonable to prefer a continuous increase without a logical reason
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 01:18:48 PM

Honestly, you made a thread on the wrong board, please move to this board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0

You can compare it right now, bitcoin price at this moment is $18.200, and gold price is $1867 can you see a different?

But I don't think that bitcoin can replace gold someday, the people will only trust to the something real that can be hold by them.

Whilst, bitcoin has a digital form where the people will be difficult to believe that bitcoin has a value, although the technology has changed in the future the people will choose gold than bitcoin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 06:15:04 PM

Demand and supply determine price. Price will rise until demand will be higher then supply. Bitcoin is a currency.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 06:18:37 PM

We are in danger

The big secret that makes bitcoin more valuable to even gold is the fixed and decreasing supply and the fact that there can never be any fake or counterfeit bitcoins, these special things make bitcoin much more valuable and attractive for investors.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 07:14:21 PM

These are a ton of questions you should probably research yourself, there are too many to respond and not many people are experts about these subjects to give you any class, it would be just our own ideas. I mean I can say that bitcoin will never end, or bitcoin is a currency but gold was a currency used back in the day until we moved to paper as well, or I can say almost all the major nations accept it so there is no problem for bitcoin when it comes to legality.

I would like to also fix one thing you are wrong about, many nations do not use gold standard anymore, so they can print any amount of money they want without having any gold at all, there is no fiat that is backed by gold anymore, specially Chinese yuan and American dollar as the biggest currencies haven't been tied to gold for decades now.

Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 07:54:44 PM

Comparing the price of gold and bitcoin will not be the same, because at the price of gold the increase is very slow or even less, but to invest in gold is very safe and has little risk, while for bitcoin the price is fantastically expensive which is very high and if you invest it also has a very large risk However, to get a fast income bitcoin is the best for now and cannot be compared to the price of gold.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 11:54:20 PM

maybe I will answer your question with my own opinion, so apologize if my answer is wrong or not according to your expectations.

what determines the value of Bitcoin is the market and investors, so the more people who want to invest in Bitcoin, then the price will definitely increase because the market demand is high.

every time, as long as there are many investors who believe to investing in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a digital currency that has been widely used by people for transactions, but Bitcoin is not legally valid as a digital currency.

every big risk must have a big profit, so I'm sure all Bitcoin investors know the risks.

it has happened before (some countries ban Bitcoin), but Bitcoin is still survive and now the price of Bitcoin is starting to recover and increase.

We are in danger
of course, because if you are investing there is definitely a risk, it's just that if the profit is small then the risk is also small and if the profit is big then the risk is also big, then Bitcoin is an investment that gets a big profit with a big risk too.

I think the price of Bitcoin does not matter if it rises very high, because it is like the price of 1kg Gold but you can buy it in gram, as well as bitcoin you can buy it with a small amount without having to buy 1 BTC.

but the price of Bitcoin has increased a very higher percentage than the price of Gold.

it is true and Bitcoin does not replace the function of Gold to print currency, but Bitcoin develops an easier and faster transaction system for the future.

Bitcoin will never replace Gold forever, because Gold and Bitcoin have different function, that is :
- Gold is a tool for printing currency
- Bitcoin is a digital currency for making transaction.

thenextking

Activity: 235
Merit: 62

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 12:10:25 AM

Right now Bitcoin is way better and more promising than Gold.
I remembered back in the days when people comparing Bitcoin to gold, 1=1 at the price of $1500 each but right now Bitcoin smoke gold and looking for more.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2352
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2020, 04:03:50 AM

Bitcoin will never replace Gold forever, because Gold and Bitcoin have different function, that is :
- Gold is a tool for printing currency
- Bitcoin is a digital currency for making transaction.
They have different functions and usages as well as different adoption but I don't agree with your points.

Gold is not a tool for printing currency or fiat. I guess you mentioned about fiat printing and it is not caused by gold. Fiat printing actually help gold catches more eyes from investors and it has increases in price. When people are fear of fiat printing from governments, they choose to use fiat to buy gold bars. Gold supply is finite and it is the common characteristic of gold and bitcoin.

Total supply of bitcoin is 21 million and bitcoin in the future will have same function as gold: asset storage tool.

Bitcoin can be used to make transaction but it is not its main function in crypto market and in human life.
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 01:09:32 PM

Bitcoin has the potential of replacing or atleast act like a digital gold in future, it's max supply is limited and one day it will surely run out of its supply and it will become even more scarce than today, both bitcoin and gold are perfect store of value assets so the difference isn't that much

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 01:27:19 PM

I think Bitcoin will be impossible to replace gold because it is hampered by several factors, especially in my country, bitcoin has not been legally recognized as a means of payment, but the government does not prohibit people from using bitcoin as their investment.  And one thing there are still many people who don't know what bitcoin is.  Gold and bitcoin simply cannot be compared because they have different meanings and functions.  The price movements of bitcoin and gold are also very different because bitcoin can go up significantly within a day but not with gold.  Gold has an unlimited supply value but bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million btc.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 03:23:09 PM

Gold is older than bitcoin in the area of investment. During the pandemic many currencies devalue which was causing bitcoin to improve value in the exchange market, which is still improving since we came out from pandemic. Many gold investors are really complaining the way gold is decreasing in the market since we enter lockdown, that collapsed so many businesses in the country.
Bitcoin is more valuable than gold despite gold is more popular than bitcoin in the world but bitcoin prove to the world during the pandemic with a steady pumping, that was causing other cryptocurrencies to reduce in the market. Many investors are still talking about bitcoin price, that is still rising in the market which is making many gold investors, to feel like joining bitcoin to invest because of the steady pumping of bitcoin, that make it valuable than gold that is still dumping in the market.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: