Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Omg its true, bitcoin is the future!  (Read 3387 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 01:05:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnEJvL6ey_s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 01:09:31 AM

Their promo video does have a point though. Waiting 7 days to get money in our out of the bitcoin system is a joke.

Crypto's 24 hour scheme could definitely kill Mt. Gox were it widespread enough.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 01:10:08 AM

As would the legal.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 01:22:29 AM

are they not on bitcoin charts?

I'd like to see their volume, for Canadian $

Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 01:25:22 AM

I hope they or someone else starts to provide depth and liquidity soon. I really would prefer to trade there as well, but as long as MtGox has 80% of the market, it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Seems to me that cryptoXchange needs to put its money where its mouth is and act as a market maker, because while counting on organic growth worked for MtGox when they were the only game in town, I don't see this working for cryptoXchange or any other exchange offerings, no matter HOW good or legal they are.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 01:46:45 AM

I hope they or someone else starts to provide depth and liquidity soon. I really would prefer to trade there as well, but as long as MtGox has 80% of the market, it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Seems to me that cryptoXchange needs to put its money where its mouth is and act as a market maker, because while counting on organic growth worked for MtGox when they were the only game in town, I don't see this working for cryptoXchange or any other exchange offerings, no matter HOW good or legal they are.

I agree with your sentiments.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 01:50:26 AM

Or if they don't want to do it themselves they could always pay an entity with sufficient capital to be market maker offering them free execution trades and a cut of the counterparty commission in exchange for a spread that doesn't exceed some agreed upon limit.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 02:40:41 AM

Or if they don't want to do it themselves they could always pay an entity with sufficient capital to be market maker offering them free execution trades and a cut of the counterparty commission in exchange for a spread that doesn't exceed some agreed upon limit.

Sure. This is feasible. Before they hit critical mass though, they (and I say this with utmost respect for what they're trying to do) absolutely need a do-over. I'm displeased with the dot net nuke looking custom modules, and the kludge. It feels like I'm stuck in 2005, and with any substantial volume the site doesn't "feel" like it'll be able to handle itself. I wish they'd consider allowing others who are trusted and experienced in this community to just do a clean room implementation, nest account and exchange options in a more cohesive and intuitive way, and optimize for UX/UI speed. I'm in the USA and 250+ ms times are also not ideal. Overall, the fact that they have the licensing and legal issues handled is great. Now I really have this feeling that the owners are dragging their feet, maybe because they feel their in house resources for development are more ideal than more apt or capable hands.

One thing is clear: Nobody should have any attachment to the core software, name or anything else. All people care about is liquidity, depth and rapid execution. Look to Bitcoinica as a shining example of a lightweight yet fully functional implementation of an example. Second, if you want to have an intuitive interface, you need look no further than MtGox and their lego brick nonsense. It's ugly, but hey - it's what everyone is used to. The next successful exchange will rip them off entirely.

Best of luck,
Jonathan

iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 02:58:00 AM

So... I went to the site, and it's mostly non-functional. It doesn't support CAD despite what their advertisement claimed, so they wasted 3 minutes of my life. There isn't even a "coming soon" notice for CAD, so I obviously won't bother to check again in the future.

Great job.

cryptoxchange

Activity: 305

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 05:36:05 AM

Sure. This is feasible. Before they hit critical mass though, they (and I say this with utmost respect for what they're trying to do) absolutely need a do-over.

Hi Jonathan,

Absolutely we agree. Full new site design is in the works and it will be much snappier. Your points are well-taken.

-Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 05:45:05 AM

So... I went to the site, and it's mostly non-functional. It doesn't support CAD despite what their advertisement claimed, so they wasted 3 minutes of my life. There isn't even a "coming soon" notice for CAD, so I obviously won't bother to check again in the future.

Great job. 

Hi iamzill,

Deposits of CAD, and over 20 other currencies, are absolutely supported right now for inbound deposits. Deposits made in those currencies are converted at market rates to USD or AUD so you can participate in the market.

It would not make sense to enable trading natively in those currencies right now, because we need the volumes and liquidity to increase first. Someone can send in South African Rand, but if there's no BTC seller for Rand, then it's useless for the customer. So all currencies are converted and the marketplace operates more effectively. As volumes increase, we'll add the native support for the next marginally-popular currency (probably EUR or GBP).

I encourage you to make a deposit in CAD (using internet banking or cash at your local branch) and see how it works. We've had 2 or 3 CAD deposits thus far from new clients. And when withdrawing national currencies, we support over 120 different currencies outbound to banks in almost every country in the world.

With any issues, please feel free to chat with out Live Support which is online the majority of the day (green link at the top-right of the website).

Kind regards,
-Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 02:29:21 PM

Sure. This is feasible. Before they hit critical mass though, they (and I say this with utmost respect for what they're trying to do) absolutely need a do-over.

Hi Jonathan,

Absolutely we agree. Full new site design is in the works and it will be much snappier. Your points are well-taken.

-Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change,

Thanks for the personal response. I've been excited to see you guys succeed, and I truly hope that you do. Many in the community are eager for a 3rd option, and I'm sure that you'll realize your vision. Simplify, extend. Onward and upward.

-Jonathan

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 02:58:14 PM

Some more info on means of deposit would also be welcome as its unclear to me. Is the only way transferring money to an Australian bank account? My bank (EU zone) charges me an arm and a leg for that, and on top of that you seem to charge another $15 for it (and then transaction fees obviously). Did I get that right?

cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 03:58:53 PM

Some more info on means of deposit would also be welcome as its unclear to me. Is the only way transferring money to an Australian bank account? My bank (EU zone) charges me an arm and a leg for that, and on top of that you seem to charge another $15 for it (and then transaction fees obviously). Did I get that right?

Hi P4man,

Thank you for the comment, we'll be making some changes to the site to make this more clear for people.

The way to transfer money to Crypto X Change is not via an Australian bank (unless you're in Australia). When you have an account with us, you're matched with a local bank in your country. You can then deposit via internet banking or in-branch cash deposits in your local bank. The $15 fee is the only charge.

I encourage you to try a deposit- go through the first couple steps and you'll see how it works before you have to commit to the transfer.

Standing by to help if you need anything further,
-Crypto X Change

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:15:07 PM

That sounds a whole lot better. Id encourage you to make things like that much more clear on the site before people are actually signing up. Ill look in to it, thx.

iamzill

Activity: 677

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 06:50:16 PM

Great job. 

Hi iamzill,

Deposits of CAD, and over 20 other currencies, are absolutely supported right now for inbound deposits. Deposits made in those currencies are converted at market rates to USD or AUD so you can participate in the market.

It would not make sense to enable trading natively in those currencies right now, because we need the volumes and liquidity to increase first. Someone can send in South African Rand, but if there's no BTC seller for Rand, then it's useless for the customer. So all currencies are converted and the marketplace operates more effectively. As volumes increase, we'll add the native support for the next marginally-popular currency (probably EUR or GBP).

I encourage you to make a deposit in CAD (using internet banking or cash at your local branch) and see how it works. We've had 2 or 3 CAD deposits thus far from new clients. And when withdrawing national currencies, we support over 120 different currencies outbound to banks in almost every country in the world.

With any issues, please feel free to chat with out Live Support which is online the majority of the day (green link at the top-right of the website).

Kind regards,
-Crypto X Change

Good to hear CAD is working, but my original point was that there's no indication of this anywhere on your website (without signing up). CADBTC is not listed as a currency pair, and the impressive list of phone numbers you have at the bottom of the website does not include a Canadian number.

Currently the CAD market is a monopoly right now. If you can get a piece of the pie I assure you it'll be worth it. The Canadian economy is only 1/10th of EU's, and yet CADBTC volume is half of EURBTC. You guys have API available which puts you months ahead of your competitor.

I have two questions for you guys:
1. How are you dealing with the Canadian anti-money laundering laws? Your Canadian competitor imposed strict daily and monthly limits which made their service essentially useless for large customers and businesses.
2. What's the "market rate" you convert currency at? How big is the spread?
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 07:01:24 PM

I like the commercial. What's said about Gox is true, they're delaying everything all the time.

But be aware that Mtgox took 9 months before any serious trading set in; I'm not so certain Bitcoin itself was the limiting factor for all that time, volume was quite low for that. Now, with all the competition, it could take longer. I wonder, will the project be able to live "in the red" for an extended time to get things rolling?

Meh, no EUR. And... it's the referral game again. Oh well.

The "market" page shows dates from the future! I read 11/27/2011 12:04 AM just now! With GMT time at the top of the page, this speaks of a blunder in programming quality, not the best for a first impression.

Yes, please answer this. It should be stated explicitly, and the rates displayed on page. I can't even find the currency list, yay navigation. I see the "Over 20 currencies" everywhere, but where is the list of supported currencies?

I'm really excited about professional newcomer exchanges, but please without the incompetent banking websites. I need all the relevant information packed concisely. Bitcoin users aren't the typical fools who will overlook something just because it's hidden well enough, so just make a complete info page from the start, and people are happy.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 07:46:21 PM

Very very nice promo video. CryptoX is going HARD!
cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 10:48:42 PM

Good to hear CAD is working, but my original point was that there's no indication of this anywhere on your website (without signing up). CADBTC is not listed as a currency pair, and the impressive list of phone numbers you have at the bottom of the website does not include a Canadian number.

Currently the CAD market is a monopoly right now. If you can get a piece of the pie I assure you it'll be worth it. The Canadian economy is only 1/10th of EU's, and yet CADBTC volume is half of EURBTC. You guys have API available which puts you months ahead of your competitor.

I have two questions for you guys:
1. How are you dealing with the Canadian anti-money laundering laws? Your Canadian competitor imposed strict daily and monthly limits which made their service essentially useless for large customers and businesses.

Hi iamzill,

All currency deposits are "dumped" into the BTC/USD or BTC/AUD market pools (chosen by user). Exchange rate is calculated at prevailing international FOREX exchange rate (it's not something done in-house), so the spread tends to be only a few pips.

We are not a Canadian company, so we don't specifically worry about Canadian AML laws. We comply fully with Australian AML laws (and actually go beyond them to be even safer). You can see our AML policy here: https://www.cryptoxchange.com/t/AML

Hope that helps to clarify,
-Crypto X Change

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 10:56:27 PM

Very professional presentation video! In fact, that's the most professional video I've seen so far for any Bitcoin service. Excellent job.

With all the problems that Mt. Gox and Tradehill has had in Europe, I'm very interested. We need more exchanges that are reliable for European users, although I want to know the fees before I say anything else.

Edit: fees are apparently fixed $15 for all deposits and withdraws, which is fine if the amount is large, but it is an unacceptably large fee for small transfers

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: