Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apocalipsis  (Read 948 times)
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:34:34 PM

Watch out for the guy called Apocalipsis.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99211

The guy scammed me for 0.20 BTC for a coin that he could not make.

Eventually he sent me a a semi-clone of Franko, and could not even find out how to paste over all the Franko bits, or change ports or set a genesis.

He promised a refund, but it never came.

Beware of an offer for a free coin. The first file he sent me is the only qt I have downloaded that was immediately flagged by my browser as malicious.

Anyone that wants to see the eventual product is welcome to PM me.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:36:31 PM

Watch out for the guy called Apocalipsis.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99211

The guy scammed me for 0.20 BTC for a coin that he could not make.

Eventually he sent me a a semi-clone of Franko, and could not even find out how to paste over all the Franko bits, or change ports or set a genesis.

He promised a refund, but it never came.

Beware of an offer for a free coin. The first file he sent me is the only qt I have downloaded that was immediately flagged by my browser as malicious.

Can you post the proof here? PM's, any agreements, payment information.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:59:35 PM

I can do all that if you want to see, but I have a string of messages, so will have to forward them to anyone interested.

Proof of payment is not even contested.

Interested parties are welcome to PM me.

Just don't give him any money.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:09:51 PM

I can do all that if you want to see, but I have a string of messages, so will have to forward them to anyone interested.

Proof of payment is not even contested.

Interested parties are welcome to PM me.

Just don't give him any money.

Send those messages to KWH - he can flag the guy as a scammer.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:26:44 AM

Apocalipsis,

Anything to add or to clarify your side of the transaction?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Apocalipsis

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:50:08 AM

Apocalipsis,

Anything to add or to clarify your side of the transaction?

Good afternoon.
I really dont understand what is going on with rikkejohn.
He asked me to create coin with special parameteres.
I created it on litecoin and franko source.
Sure that I didn't create absoulutely new coin like NXT.
My coin was based on sources of lite. And frankom
I sent it to this guy,he said me that the file got a virus.
I checked it on virustotal and sent him a link.
Everything was clear.
I send to rikkejohn everything that he asked:
Windows gui client
Linux daemon
Windows daemon
Blockexplorer.

I think this guy just want to refund his BTC,cause he is no more interested in his coin adverse and developing.
He just wanted to do it for fun,and he finished to play with it and his money back.
My service don't allow moneyback,because
From my side I made my task and thats all.
I don't know why we should argue about that.

Regards,Alex
rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:35:52 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 09:51:58 AM by rikkejohn

15th March
"Ok.Got it.
Started to code your coin)"

17th March
"Hi.
I am working on it right now.
Almost finished"

(Asked where it was)
19th March
"I finished it yesterday.
And sent you.

I will try again now//"

(Asked where it was again)
19th March
"I finished it yesterday.
And sent you.

I will try again now//"

(Asked where it was again)
20th March
"I am really sorry.
I had got a problem with smtp settings of my mail client.

You don't need to tell me such words.
I uploaded here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oxyq6r"

(Asked why my browser said file was malicious)
19th March
"I really don't understand,what the fuck is going on)
 Smiley Angry

20th March
"Here,receive it file by file
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/6Q%2BG7tRnRl6As8tBIf02530zGrynr%2BgCHnX33DFBeYsOQBjqNXB61DqlbJaKyzFj

and here is virus total link,check it by SHA256 number
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e9d3fca476c11d1ca4af74fee6653b5560fc186041c7a052df58fcb32c878069/analysis/1395258701/

I think.you just want to refund your btc.
So please,don;t play with me.
There are no viruses in file."

P.S Provide me a link,with YOUR virus total check."

(Asked why he had only sent a qt file)
20 March
"I sent you just qt,cause I wanted to check if splash page is ok,etc.

Regards,Alex"

21 March
"Everything is on your email.
1)Windows GUI client
2)Windows Daemon client
3)Linux daemon client
4)Source
5)BlockExplorer"

(Asked why the console was for Franko)
21 March
"I didn;t send you Franko.
It is your BADBOY coin."

(Asked again to explain why Franko was the default in console and much of source code)
21 March
"It's my PC's cache.
When I compiled your client,it used toolbar icon of cache.
So,I will change it now"

(Asked why it took him so long)
23 March
"t shouldnt take some hours,because I hadnt got a VPS to get your coin work and to mine for you a premine(the task that i am not able to create).
So don't say that you are so good and I am so bad,cause I have got a lt of another projects except your,and I have to find time for each.

Ok.I will return you your 0.2 btc"

(Asked where the refund was)

24th March
"Just you think at this way.
I am not ready to talk with you.
I made my task,you received your coin,with your parameters,.
My project included all necessary packages that I promised.
That's all."

Package received, a Frank source file with a pathetic attempt at pasting in it, an open source blockchain from abe (that I should set up).

Client no working block chain (as agreed), and a laughable console for Franko.

The guy is a beginner and sadly a scammer, too. I think he wanted to make this, but actually was not capable. I checked his previous posts and they catalogue him asking other people simple questions on making a working model.

Oh, and the tosser claims to have made Darkcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397748.msg4301702#msg4301702

"Coins that I made are: DarkCoin,DesCoin,ZalmanCoins.
They will  appear in ANN topic tomorrow."

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:46:36 PM

After reading many PM's as well as the rebuttal I came up with this:
rikkejohn purchased Apocalipsis's services, (March 14th), to make a coin with certain parameters. Price was agreed to (0.2 BTC) and the project was started on March 15th according to Apocalipsis PMs. Message from Apocalipsis on March 17th states he is almost finished. March 18th, query was made as to the progress and if any problems were encountered to which Apocalipsis replies: Finished, give me your email. March 19th, another query was made by rikkejohn, still having yet to receive completed project. rikkejohn asks if there is a time conflict or is too much for Apocalipsis and asks for a refund. Problems crop up, SMTP issues with email for Apocalipsis and apologies were  made; project uploaded to a server and info on how to retrieve were sent. After attempting to download the completed project, (March 19th), rikkejohn encounters a virus alert on the project content, notifies Apocalipsis who claims it passes virustotal 100% and rikkejohn again asks for a refund. Apocalipsis asks for the virus detection log, unknown if it was sent. March 20th, more banter about browsers and virus, Master files missing and a refund was asked for again. March 21st, still trying to find a solution, accusations of cloning Franco come into play as it apparently comes up in the console as such. No denials were made but a fix was offered. Again on the 21st, a short list of additional wants was sent by rikkejohn, as well as an offer of a percentage to Apocalipsis who replied he couldn't set up a network for rikkejohn but would try to help as he was late with the project.
March 23rd. rikkejohn asks for a refund as nothing was getting done, Apocalipsis  replies that he doesn't have a VPS to make the coin work and doesn't have the time to do so. Apocalipsis agreed to refund the 0.2BTC.
March 24th. Still no refund but Apocalipsis says he is recharging his wallet to do so.

I left out banter and "heat of the moment" comments for clarity. Here is what I suggest:
Either Apocalipsis needs to get the project completed as per the agreement or a refund, (that was already agreed to by Apocalipsis), needs to happen.
A little more patience from rikkejohn might have yielded a different experience from this deal. Yes, we all get impatient when something drags out. Also, I would like to know what exactly was your web browser seeing that flagged these files a virus. From your talk of consoles and coin name, you did download at least some of the files?
One more thing: If you get the refund and you use his code, Apocalipsis would be in the right to ask you to be flagged.

Albert Einstein
rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:51:54 PM

rikkejohn purchased Apocalipsis's services, (March 14th), to make a coin with certain parameters. Price was agreed to (0.2 BTC) and the project was started on March 15th according to Apocalipsis PMs. Message from Apocalipsis on March 17th states he is almost finished. March 18th, query was made as to the progress and if any problems were encountered to which Apocalipsis replies: Finished, give me your email. March 19th, another query was made by rikkejohn, still having yet to receive completed project. rikkejohn asks if there is a time conflict or is too much for Apocalipsis and asks for a refund. Problems crop up, SMTP issues with email for Apocalipsis and apologies were  made; project uploaded to a server and info on how to retrieve were sent. After attempting to download the completed project, (March 19th), rikkejohn encounters a virus alert on the project content, notifies Apocalipsis who claims it passes virustotal 100% and rikkejohn again asks for a refund. Apocalipsis asks for the virus detection log, unknown if it was sent. March 20th, more banter about browsers and virus, Master files missing and a refund was asked for again. March 21st, still trying to find a solution, accusations of cloning Franco come into play as it apparently comes up in the console as such. No denials were made but a fix was offered. Again on the 21st, a short list of additional wants was sent by rikkejohn, as well as an offer of a percentage to Apocalipsis who replied he couldn't set up a network for rikkejohn but would try to help as he was late with the project.
March 23rd. rikkejohn asks for a refund as nothing was getting done, Apocalipsis  replies that he doesn't have a VPS to make the coin work and doesn't have the time to do so. Apocalipsis agreed to refund the 0.2BTC.
March 24th. Still no refund but Apocalipsis says he is recharging his wallet to do so.

I left out banter and "heat of the moment" comments for clarity. Here is what I suggest:
Either Apocalipsis needs to get the project completed as per the agreement or a refund, (that was already agreed to by Apocalipsis), needs to happen.
A little more patience from rikkejohn might have yielded a different experience from this deal. Yes, we all get impatient when something drags out. Also, I would like to know what exactly was your web browser seeing that flagged these files a virus. From your talk of consoles and coin name, you did download at least some of the files?
One more thing: If you get the refund and you use his code, Apocalipsis would be in the right to ask you to be flagged.

Not 100% right: He offered a fix, but did not fix it. He later claimed he had finished the project without having done this fix.

Download the file if you want to see his work.

I'm not getting my BTC back, and I can't use the crap that he sent me, so I'm not wasting more time on this. I don't believe he can make the product either.

He was given the specs (I filled in his little form) and he ignored all of them (I sent you the original deal). He was never asked for extras.

Thanks for trying adjudicate, it is kind of you, but I I have too much work to do to mess about with this kid.

As far as I am concerned, it's finished with. Nonetheless, given he is scammer and incompetent, it is right to point this out so that others do not get burned like me.

Thanks again! :-)

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:02:08 PM

Not 100% right: He offered a fix, but did not fix it. He later claimed he had finished the project without having done this fix.

I'm not getting my BTC back, and I can't use the crap that he sent me, so I'm not wasting more time on this. I don't believe he can make the product either.

He was given the specs (I filled in his little form) and he ignored all of them (I sent you the original deal). He was never asked for extras.

Thanks for trying adjudicate, it is kind of you, but I I have too much work to do to mess about with this kid.

As far as I am concerned, it's finished with. Nonetheless, given he is scammer and incompetent, it is right to point this out so that others do not get burned like me.

I don't think he is a scammer, not sure why things didn't progress as they should. Nonetheless, an agreement was entered and payment was sent.
Apocalipsis, you need to respond with your plans to refund or not.

Albert Einstein
Apocalipsis

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:39:22 PM

rikkejohn purchased Apocalipsis's services, (March 14th), to make a coin with certain parameters. Price was agreed to (0.2 BTC) and the project was started on March 15th according to Apocalipsis PMs. Message from Apocalipsis on March 17th states he is almost finished. March 18th, query was made as to the progress and if any problems were encountered to which Apocalipsis replies: Finished, give me your email. March 19th, another query was made by rikkejohn, still having yet to receive completed project. rikkejohn asks if there is a time conflict or is too much for Apocalipsis and asks for a refund. Problems crop up, SMTP issues with email for Apocalipsis and apologies were  made; project uploaded to a server and info on how to retrieve were sent. After attempting to download the completed project, (March 19th), rikkejohn encounters a virus alert on the project content, notifies Apocalipsis who claims it passes virustotal 100% and rikkejohn again asks for a refund. Apocalipsis asks for the virus detection log, unknown if it was sent. March 20th, more banter about browsers and virus, Master files missing and a refund was asked for again. March 21st, still trying to find a solution, accusations of cloning Franco come into play as it apparently comes up in the console as such. No denials were made but a fix was offered. Again on the 21st, a short list of additional wants was sent by rikkejohn, as well as an offer of a percentage to Apocalipsis who replied he couldn't set up a network for rikkejohn but would try to help as he was late with the project.
March 23rd. rikkejohn asks for a refund as nothing was getting done, Apocalipsis  replies that he doesn't have a VPS to make the coin work and doesn't have the time to do so. Apocalipsis agreed to refund the 0.2BTC.

I don't think he is a scammer, not sure why things didn't progress as they should. Nonetheless, an agreement was entered and payment was sent.
Apocalipsis, you need to respond with your plans to refund or not.

KWH,I appreciate you.
I am not a scammer.
Yes,I used ,Litecoin+Franko coin source.
I didn't create absolutely new coin like NxT,I used source,and pasted parameters that my client rikkejohn wanted.
I sent him all project,and yes,there was small bug,that it was apperead FRANKO in console,I offered to fix bugs,but rikkejohn said that I am scammer.
But All we know,that every coin is based on previous source,isn't it?

And yes,I used ABE as a source for block explroer.
And yes,client should setup it by himself,it's just 2 lines of code that he should type in console.
I didn;t say him,that I will setup it on my vps servers.
And one more,I didn't create blockchain(it means network of minimum 2 nodes),cause rikkejohn asked about premine,and I coded,that in first generated block,will be premine that rikkejohn wanted.

So,I can't mine coins for him,and I didn't say that I will do that.
rikkejohn should do it by himself/
To conclude,
I am not a scammer,
I am ready to fix all bugs.

P.S KHW,when I asked rikkejohn to send me VirusTOTAL logs,he didn't send me,but I've sent him,and from my side everything was clear there.
My opinion,that rikkejohn,just don't want to spend more energy with his coin,and just want to refund his money.
But otherwise,I repeat again,I am ready to fix all bugs.

Regards,
Alex
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:42:11 PM

KWH,I appreciate you.
I am not a scammer.
I didn't create absolutely new coin like NxT,I used source,and pasted parameters that my client rikkejohn wanted.
I sent him all project,and yes,there was small bug,that it was apperead FRANKO in console,I offered to fix bugs,but rikkejohn said that I am scammer.

And yes,client should setup it by himself,it's just 2 lines of code that he should type in console.
And one more,I didn't create blockchain(it means network of minimum 2 nodes),cause rikkejohn asked about premine,and I coded,that in first generated block,will be premine that rikkejohn wanted.

To conclude,
I am not a scammer,

P.S KHW,when I asked rikkejohn to send me VirusTOTAL logs,he didn't send me,and I've sent him,and everything was clear there.
My opinion,that rikkejohn,just don't want to spend more energy with his coin,and just want to refund his money.
But otherwise,I repeat again,I am ready to gix all bugs.

Regards,
Alex

rikkejohn, will you accept his offer to fix all bugs? I assume there will be a time frame for any fixes?

Albert Einstein
rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

KWH,I appreciate you.
I am not a scammer.

Erm, I sent KWH the original agreement. it was not for NXT. I answered your questions regarding specs.

Erm, I know the coin was going to be based on a LTC source. But I expected that it would be adapted. Not just cloned from Github and sent to me (yes, I can find out how to clone a coin at Github)

So why offer a blockchain as if part of the service. I ca also download the abe source code. why would I pay youto do it?

You mean setgen? Am I mining Franko or what? That's what my console claims.

I asked for a working client, you agreed (it was on one of your questions)

I didn't ask about a premine,it was one of your questions on your little sales pitch.

Erm, it's on your questionnaire, it's exactly what you did claim you would do.

Well then don't offer it as a service

To conclude,
I am not a scammer,

Yet you sent me a PM saying you were finished with the job

P.S KHW,when I asked rikkejohn to send me VirusTOTAL logs,he didn't send me,but I've sent him,and from my side everything was clear there.
But otherwise,I repeat again,I am ready to fix all bugs.

Your opinion is wrapped up in either defending your incompetence or in defending refunding the money you effectively stole from me.

Regards,
Alex

So .... send me exactly as agreed (read the agreement again), or send me a refund.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:20:48 AM

Please update post when/if things are sorted.

Albert Einstein
rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Nothing sorted out, unfortunately.

After some weeks of denying that the product's console was for Franko, he finally worked out how to change it.

Yet ... the original agreement was for a working client that would connect to a blockchain. There would be a small premine, a blockchain and a high coin count with random superblocks. He made these offers in his sales pitch.

What I have is a client that does not connect to a blockchain. The last source code sent was a Franko source code, complete with Franko genesis block.

He refuses to give any coin specs, such as total amount of coins, coins per block, block speed, confirmation times, when and if block rewards will halve. No word even on the ports being used.

The blockchain promised was in fact a generic download of Abe for me to set up (like I can't work out how to download something ... lol)

I tried to get .conf file, but was told this is unnecessary and it's all about seeds. That is may be, but then I paid for someone to set something up for me, not for me to teach myself coding to make this project work.

I should have gone to coincreator, at least his coins work.

Anyone is welcome to fix this coin for free  Cheesy

Otherwise, I suggest Apocapolis pays a bounty for someone to fix things (according to the original specs agreed).

Failing that, Apocapolis can send me a refund, he can pay it in a couple of installments.

Message to Apocapolis: You would do well to offer that bounty with a stipulation that all changes made are explained to you. That way, you might end up being a pretty good coder.

Learn from mistakes, don't deny them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: