Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for new coin to mine Instead of ethereum  (Read 161 times)
Tiomcho90 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 08:00:06 AM

Following the upcoming launch of Etherium 2.0, The reward for each block will go down and become unprofitable for mining.

I have a rig that comes to 230 megahash mining in ETH.
I was thinking of moving to ETH Classic after the launch.
Are there other currencies worth considering?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 08:14:04 AM

Would have been better if you invested that money on altcoins or bitcoin but I guess it's too late for that right now, unfortunately there aren't any new promising altcoin with low mining difficulty right now, Veil privacy coin just upgrade to Progpow, mining difficulty should still be very low, maybe you can check that out?

https://veil-project.com
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 08:18:46 AM

Why dont you look at some mining calculators and figure out the best one for yourself.

check this minerstat[dot]com/mining-calculator

ETC might be a good option but there are many others out there with better potential after ETH. Check our beam, veil, haven

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
styleshifter

Activity: 155
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2020, 08:36:10 AM

You could try Ravencoin.
They really care for the GPU miners as they try to be ASIC resistant and Kawpowminer and TT-Miner have no dev fee.
Ravencoin is supported by many wallets, pools, exchanges...

Latest Crypto Miner App - Get the latest mining software from official sources & receive update notifications
https://latest-miner.web.app --- https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=5073731.0 --- https://twitter.com/styleshifter1
Tiomcho90 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 12:48:17 PM

Acc to minerstat[dot]com/mining-calculator still the most profitable coin for the Video cards that I have will be Etherium Classic.

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:44:40 PM

Acc to minerstat[dot]com/mining-calculator still the most profitable coin for the Video cards that I have will be Etherium Classic.

I suppose it is if you have 6GB+ GPUs. I would still consider other coins and it also depends on whether you instantly exchange them or hold the mined coins. In many cases, you can switch mining coins on a speculative basis and sell them at break-even+

miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:46:25 PM
Merited by aizzaku (1)

I suppose it is if you have 6GB+ GPUs. I would still consider other coins and it also depends on whether you instantly exchange them or hold the mined coins. In many cases, you can switch mining coins on a speculative basis and sell them at break-even+

In under a week 4gb cards will be able to mine ETC due to DAG reduction. 
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:48:18 PM

In under a week 4gb cards will be able to mine ETC due to DAG reduction.  

Oh is that true? I haven't been following the ETC updates. Good to know. Thanks.

EDIT: Found an article about it: //medium[dot]com/minerstat/etchash-etc-fork-at-block-11-700-000-dag-size-decrease-5083d97a1d46

Cheers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: