Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pi network - KYC is needed to use it!  (Read 305 times)
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 07:35:53 AM

I'm joining Pi Network last year and already got around 600+ Pi from their "Mining", The community was really big for sure but it's didn't mean it was good, Even like that There also real People behind Pi Network as you can see here and so far i'm already see some video about their core team and one of them you can see here https://www.facebook.com/PiCoreTeam/posts/725532661316429?comment_id=725621517974210 but after hearing that KYC things I don't really agree with that, Even though it looks convincing, I will still consider KYC and see the Risk first .
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoubleAweSeven

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 08:06:15 AM

HAHA I knew they're going announced KYC super late when a lot of users already mined so much coins. This just shows how shady this project is. The best part is that, it doesn't even have significant value yet! and what's the point of KYC anyway? So what if people who mined this coins are anonymous, it's not like they are cheating the system anyway, they really can cheat the system, then their project is a failure. This is pretty stupid.
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 08:34:46 AM

PI is a good project based on the surveys and the reviews that have been done in the past. In PI Network you can start earning now even without spending but you need to submit and pass their KYC for you to withdraw your earnings soon. And as we know KYC is referring to Know Your Customer, which they are just making sure that all the users is a legit and not a dummy user.
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:54:19 AM

Many thanks for all of your insightful comments! I personally don't think KYC will be a great idea for a mobile only cryptocurrency. Also I smell a rat because the development team didn't mention anything about KYC while launching. Probably they feared that people will not join their project if they speak about KYC at the beginning. But it is not a good buiness practice to be fair!

Secondly, I don't think Pi will have much value in the market because it is easy to mine and don't require any specialized hardware to mine - so no production cost os associated!

I would rather choose to let go my mined Pi than revealing my identity to some random crypto projects!

Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 12:05:58 PM

I am sure a lot of altcoin people have heard this name - Pi Network. It is a mobile only cryptocurrency which can be mined only through mobile. I had downloaded their mobile app out of curiosity and by now I have few thousands of Pi token. Now, the Pi network is planning to move to their next phase where it will be listed to the market. But, miners will have to complete their KYC information before they can withdraw their mined tokens.

My only question to the community is that - are you guys comfortable to share your KYC details to a mobile only cryptocurrency? We have had few mobile only cryptos earlier as well but all of them failed miserably! What's you take on Pi network?

They have already announced that already when they are started the mining project, and I knew that they are going to do that because that kind of application is prone to cheating, I disable my Miner pi in my wallet, the project is very suspicious and they are not decentralized and the worst part id they have billions supply of token, I'm better off on the top coins in the market with proven usability.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 12:44:27 PM

I never trust Pi Network since day one, the project is very suspicious and I don't see any good utility that can solve any problem in crypto space from this project, it's just a mobile mining project and it's not even a real mining it works like cloud mining and now they plan to implement KYC? That's red flag

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 12:49:55 PM

Why would this project ask KYC for mining? I have never heard of such since i entered crypto space, I don't believe that the team have something good in mind for this KYC requirement, it's suspicious and can't be trusted, this pi Network project have many bad comments on this forum I won't except something good out of it

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 12:54:15 PM

Many thanks for all of your insightful comments! I personally don't think KYC will be a great idea for a mobile only cryptocurrency. Also I smell a rat because the development team didn't mention anything about KYC while launching. Probably they feared that people will not join their project if they speak about KYC at the beginning. But it is not a good buiness practice to be fair!

Secondly, I don't think Pi will have much value in the market because it is easy to mine and don't require any specialized hardware to mine - so no production cost os associated!

I would rather choose to let go my mined Pi than revealing my identity to some random crypto projects!
There is something fishy here, I do not suggest to participate in this kind of mining scheme because my identity will be at threat whenever I upload it through online. I also using it and there are a lot of people promoting it in social media platforms, I also told them about the threat of uploading your identity and I.Ds online but they are not listening to them. In terms of listing that coin, it seems that it will take more time and for me there is also doesn't have guarantee if that coin will be listed or not. If they will mine a specific cryptocurrency, I think it is better if they will make deep a research first wherein, they must ensure that the mining application will not require any verification for them to not have a hassle or to not get prone in any danger because of KYC.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1024

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2020, 12:58:13 PM

Why would this project ask KYC for mining?
maybe they would sell your KYC. If you do that, it is to be good for "the project" they built. hard to get money by this time, ICO has died, sell your identity is the best solution.

CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 01:10:17 PM

Having kyc in a project helps to prevent scams in their event especially their Mobile PI miner promotes it on social media like facebook and some have franchises and small shops that accept coin payment of PI for products. I do not know if this project has potential because it is dangerous especially for passing kyc on projects that have not been successful and there are also rumors that the professor of PI project became a student of the owner of Ethereum we do not know if this assumption is true.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2020, 02:16:56 PM

PI is a good project based on the surveys and the reviews that have been done in the past. In PI Network you can start earning now even without spending but you need to submit and pass their KYC for you to withdraw your earnings soon. And as we know KYC is referring to Know Your Customer, which they are just making sure that all the users is a legit and not a dummy user.

How much you earn with Pi Network? I mean real earning, money with which you can pay bills, buy foods, shoes... anything?
When is soon? how long "soon" lasts in Pi roadmap?

What survey, reviews? Each user must turn on the application once a day, which is allowed to send data from your mobile phone. Now with KYC, every Pi lunatic will send enough personal information about yourself. With KYC these are more than accurate data.
How long do you think it will be before they sell the data to someone? Probably much faster than his "soon withdraw".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2020, 05:37:09 PM

No body will feel comfortable to share his KYC. I will share my KYC only to legit project untill " Pulsar " is running. Pulsar is the core behind SYL token which can keep our data for KYC and verified our data. I just read the whitepapper and i am sure it will used in this world, not only crypto world but all project which need KYC need " SYL "
Today, among cryptocurrency users, projects that require the submission of passport data are not very popular. There are a lot of scandals due to the trade of personal data and given the current state of affairs, it is a very bad idea for the project to require KYC.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:27:42 PM

Well I can say that this might not fall into those "KYC traps" we are seeing as we most likely see this in bounty campaigns where people before they will have a payout will suddenly be required to give KYC requirements before they receive their shares. In this case I didn't see PI network did anything with regards to this matter but I think we can all expect KYC requirements for a complying project right?
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:37:33 PM

I have this Pi network on my mobile and planning to submit a kyc. I see a lot of users to this platform which attracts me to follow what their saying this project is good and have its plan to list in the exchange. Everyday this project is also upto date on social media that is sharing their news to the users. However, I'm still on doubt if passing kyc on pi network is really worth it.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2020, 11:45:39 PM

My only question to the community is that - are you guys comfortable to share your KYC details to a mobile only cryptocurrency? We have had few mobile only cryptos earlier as well but all of them failed miserably! What's you take on Pi network?
NO.

I'm not comfortable with it that is why when I saw that they require KYC in order for you to withdraw your tokens, I immediately uninstall the application. There is no reason for me to give my information to some strangers out there hoping that you can get some few bucks with selling their coin.

Just think of it. For sure millions of people have PI token already and possible that some of them did the KYC shit. For sure when the token will be listed, they will immediately dump it causing its price to dump and in the end it will be a dead coin. Knowing that they are just like giving free money to people, more people will do it and the more people will do it the more people will dump it. Overall, too good to be true although I tried to mine a bit I don't like the KYC part that they implemented.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 01:51:35 AM

I have known the Pi Network project for a long time and use their mobile app, and after hearing I have to do KYC I better not do it, because the KYC I did was not worth the prize I had,
My advice is for those who have a little Pi balance, it's better not to do KYC.
L A R A

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 02:39:50 AM

I've been mining Pi for over a year now, and suddenly they are asking for KYC. Even though we cannot make a withdrawal yet, this is very suspicious, and I will not provide my personal data for this.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:33:42 AM

NO.
I'm not comfortable with it that is why when I saw that they require KYC in order for you to withdraw your tokens, I immediately uninstall the application. There is no reason for me to give my information to some strangers out there hoping that you can get some few bucks with selling their coin.
This is true your data in exchange with token this is happening everywhere not only in Pi but to all new projects to comply with law even facebook and google apps stealing your data in exchange with nothing, KYC is mandatory to all business its a regulation by governments we cannot avoid this we have no choice if you dont want a regulation and do not want to obey stay in the mountain period.

gost111

Activity: 1652
Merit: 382

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:15:07 AM

I passed the KYC procedure at the beginning of the summer and do not regret anything, especially since you need to pass it not in the PI app, but in the third-party YOTI app, which is officially registered and has its office in London
https://www.yoti.com/contact/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: