Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:30:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Paid] Looking for technical trading strategy creators  (Read 105 times)
Lotus (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2020, 10:46:17 PM

I am looking to recruit a small group of trading strategy writers to bootstrap our upcoming trading automation system. You do NOT need to be a good or profitable trader yourself, but you need to have a good understanding of technical trading, basics of coding, and ability to dig deep into simple technical aspects (like file formats, APIs, and unintuitive user interfaces).

For the purpose of this post, a trading strategy is a series of, possibly complicated, steps that include interacting with exchanges to perform trades. Think of it as the code for a trading bot, except that it's not coded in the traditional sense.

The task at hand is relatively straightforward: you will be paired with finance and trading professional consultants from certain domains who know (or pretend to know) how to trade profitably in certain markets, but have limited technical knowledge beyond understanding market charts and conditions. Your job will be to convert their manual processes into automated strategies using our proprietary software.

The process will go something like this:
1. You get early access to our software and training to understand how it works and get to play with it.
2. You help us identify the building blocks we need to add to enable the vast majority of expected strategies.
3. [Paid] You work with our own advisors to create our 1st party strategies that we will ship with our software as our own strategy library. Other strategy writers will review your work and we will pay you directly for it.
4. [Paid] In the longer term, post public release, we will offer a service to our customers to automate their strategies for them and they bear the cost. Our pool of strategy writers will do the actual conversion to automatable strategies.

If you are interested, this is what you need:
1. Interest in that kind of thing.
2. Access to a Windows machine or VM. We run completely client-side at this time.
3. Technical trading knowledge.
4. Basics of coding. You won't write code, but should have solid familiarity with the basic concepts.
5. Good communication skills. Mind reading is a plus. You will need to understand what our consultants mean and map their manual flows and behaviors to concrete logic, even when they don't know how to describe it.
6. High tolerance for crappy UI and buggy software as you deal with unfinished projects while they are getting built.

What you get out of this:
1. The fun of it!
2. Access to our software for free and the chance to influence it to get features you could make use of.
3. Bragging rights if our product goes big.
4. Money for the official strategies you build.

If you are interested, just drop in your name and the skills/experiences you bring to the table. Feel free to ask questions here directly or via PM.

Forgotten Crypt - Zero-Trust trading. Take the guesswork out of trading.
http://www.ForgottenCrypt.com
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:01:54 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

This seems promising and happy you've laid out the requirements clearly.

I could classify myself as a noob trader but quite acquainted with how trading works and have immense interest in learning more about how stuff works from the professionals.

The skills I bring to the table:
1) Computer Science Engineer and a passionate coder so technical knowledge wouldn't be a problem so does coding.
2) Quick learner
3) I work with a number of AI/ML tools and strategies so coming with a unique trading strategy sounds very interesting.
4) I'm also into psychology and thereby its related fields like cognitive science which could potentially help to frame a model on "how to think or how they think".

I wouldn't publicly post my experience here but can do it privately. Also, would be great if you could allow creators to stay anonymous throughout the entire process.

Having said that, I would again consider if the pay is worth my time and how challenging the work is for me. If it's repetitive and the learning outcomes aren't enough for my self-development then I'd reconsider. But again, it's worth a shot. Smiley
Lotus (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2020, 09:54:21 PM

This seems promising and happy you've laid out the requirements clearly.

I could classify myself as a noob trader but quite acquainted with how trading works and have immense interest in learning more about how stuff works from the professionals.

The skills I bring to the table:
1) Computer Science Engineer and a passionate coder so technical knowledge wouldn't be a problem so does coding.
2) Quick learner
3) I work with a number of AI/ML tools and strategies so coming with a unique trading strategy sounds very interesting.
4) I'm also into psychology and thereby its related fields like cognitive science which could potentially help to frame a model on "how to think or how they think".

I wouldn't publicly post my experience here but can do it privately. Also, would be great if you could allow creators to stay anonymous throughout the entire process.

Having said that, I would again consider if the pay is worth my time and how challenging the work is for me. If it's repetitive and the learning outcomes aren't enough for my self-development then I'd reconsider. But again, it's worth a shot. Smiley

Great, I'll PM you and we can discuss things in detail.

I'm sure we can find ways to keep strategy creators anonymous if they want to, at least up to phase 3 above. If the reason to be anonymous is just to avoid linking real people with their forum identities here, I can post a public links for people to apply directly to join us independently. That way, there would be no way to trace them back to usernames here.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 11:11:46 PM

Great, I'll PM you and we can discuss things in detail.
Thanks!

If the reason to be anonymous is just to avoid linking real people with their forum identities here, I can post a public links for people to apply directly to join us independently. That way, there would be no way to trace them back to usernames here.
I doubt it's about linking real profiles to forum identities. Rather, wanting to be anonymous is something very common in bitcoin's ecosystem. On the other side, I don't know how staying anonymous can make me less productive in any kind of business. I'll quote nullius here,

“‘If you’re not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.’ No! Because I do nothing wrong, I have nothing to show.” — nullius
Lotus (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2020, 11:22:31 PM
Merited by Joel_Jantsen (1)

On the other side, I don't know how staying anonymous can make me less productive in any kind of business.

It doesn't for the most part. But there are a couple of cases where it poses some challenges:
1. Company taxes. As a company, we need to provide proof for any costs we pay. This is usually worked around via intermediaries.
2. Dealing with external customers. If they need to jump on phone calls or video conferences to communicate their strategies, then they will need to identify who they are talking to.

As far as the technical side of things is concerned, we don't even need to know if the person on the other side is a human, an alien, or a smart AI as long as he can get the work done Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: