Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like you to tell me what exactly you think GYFT.com is?  (Read 786 times)
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:49:34 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 12:51:26 PM by CtrlAltBernanke420

I am curious to take the pulse of the community and asked a pointed question that will likely lead to broad answer.

What is GYFT.com and does it help facilitate the revolution of transitioning into bitcoin? If so, how.

I just see risk in carrying a smartphone from NSA spying and or hackers.

Is the world going to get more dangerous in the future?

I see all sorts of ways bitcoin can be an amazing revolution, or a digging our own grave. If anonaminity

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:13:54 PM

It's two things:

First, it's the original buy-things-from-stores service.  It's still going strong but newer, more efficient services will prevail (like Zinc Save).

Second, it's a place to buy giftcards using bitcoins.

(Or perhaps I'm missing something and there's some controversy surrounding gyft.com that I don't know about.)
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:11:15 PM

Gyft.com is just a place to buy gift cards and to manage those gift cards conveniently through their apps. They also have the perk of allowing you to buy gift cards using bitcoins. In a way, gyft serves as a intermediary for people to buy things from a lot of places in the form of gift cards.

[Additionally, they have a points program from buying gift cards that actually gives the most points per dollar if you use bitcoin.]
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:35:41 PM

It's a btc commerce enabler and long term adoption driver

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:14:19 PM

It's a btc commerce enabler and long term adoption driver

Yeah, that's what it is functioning as, but I'm not sure how much they receive in the way of bitcoin transactions. I still think there needs to be more transactions in bitcoins in order for it to fruitfully function as a driver of long-term adoption.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: