Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simplest way to get Armory running?  (Read 123 times)
editdroid (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 03:24:46 PM

Hello.

Several years ago I bought some bitcoin using Armory and forgot about it. I'd like to retrieve those coins now but I cannot get Armory to run on my Mac.   I understand it is something to do with OpenSSL?  After a lot of time spent mucking with things I don't really know much about (just enough to fail) ... no results except that I've managed to get the error messages to change which is entertaining but not helpful.

I guess my question now is what is the easiest way/platform to get Armory running on now. I can borrow a pc laptop if that is necessary.

Running Mac 10.14.06.  I think the key to my current problem is here:

Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

But I have not found a way to fix it.

merci!!! gracias!

jason

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 03:55:24 PM

Ubuntu, anything 19 or prior, will let you setup Armory easily. You can setup a VM on your main system if you don't want to use another PC.

editdroid (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 06:42:07 PM

That worked well, thank you. I'm up and running.   Only snafu was that I had to figure out that I needed allocate more memory and processor to Ubuntu in VM as the default is very small and it barely runs without tweaking those settings.

Again, Thanks amigo.

jason

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: