Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-03-24] Daily Dot - People now literally getting high off Bitcoin  (Read 1343 times)
ksruictkesn (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

http://www.dailydot.com/culture/bitcoin-ecstasy-pills-reviews/
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:55:29 PM

Kinda funny, but thinking about it this isn't good for the reputation of bitcoin.
There will be more associations with drugs (after all the Silkroad buzz etc.) which isn't good..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:06:43 AM

I can imagine something like this :

Jessie Pinkman:

" Yo, bitches,... you want some bitcoins? "

junkie:

" What butcoin? "

Jessie:

"ya bitcoins bitch! yo know stuff that fcking makes you fly"

junkie:

"Yo man, give some..i'll try that shit"

Jessie:

"Shit aint free bitch...., i'm the only one has it since MtGox bitch "
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:39:43 AM

One could get the feeling that this is intentional for ulterior purposes; e.g. this way, if anyone talks about bitcoin in public, the police "have no choice" but to detain the individuals for potential drug use, which, as you can probably tell, will produce a chilling effect.

Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:26:32 AM

One could get the feeling that this is intentional for ulterior purposes; e.g. this way, if anyone talks about bitcoin in public, the police "have no choice" but to detain the individuals for potential drug use, which, as you can probably tell, will produce a chilling effect.

Don't they do that anyway? Wink

Who ever came up with the idea to press pills with BTC on them obviously didn't think of the ramification such a pill could have. People are being stopped and searched as it is and now with a E tab named bitcoin, it's just gonna make it worse..

......lets not forget the use of street slang for items like this. I see these being called "B"'s due the the buyer not having a single fuck or care (or the brain power) to know or remember the word bitcoin. You only have to have a look at what other E pills are not being called by their intentional names. Most people will just ask for pills, e's. If BTC pressed pills are really good ( or shit) then people will remember the name I guess.

Edit: There are pills for the $, euro so we will always have a counter argument Grin

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: