Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Libra finally launching?  (Read 695 times)
manok jepang

Activity: 757
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 03:12:37 AM

Libra itself was launched after the company studied many other types of cryptocurrencies that were launched earlier, such as bitcoin. This is intended so that Libra avoids value volatility, which has made cryptocurrency avoided and caused losses. This clearly has US regulators Worried about Libra,
The US regulatory agency reacted to the idea that Facebook could use its 2 billion users to create a global currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 04:15:16 AM

That's a good news. More people will gather around Libra as Facebook has a better reputation than almost all the others. With the financial stability of the company, majority will keep their trust and faith on this coin, instead of the less-known ones.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2020, 04:22:30 AM

Is this true? Seems new president is likely to support the cryptocurrency ( stable coin). Cheesy

But we need to wait until they really launch their project because this happens all of a sudden after a long hold.

Biden has no exective power yet. Whatever we see now should be from Donald Trump. It is too early to guess what Biden can do apart from allowing liberal politics and gay rights and all that. It is about time too that Libra is released to the market. It will be a big project and if it gets the backing of the American government  then Bitcoin is in trouble.
omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:01:47 PM

Anyone still listening to their bankers that crypto is just an experiment that will soon fade away may have to buy a gun and chase off their financial advisers when our traditional banks finally collapse and give way for a decentralized system. Libra lunaching will be epic and significant to the crypto space but bitcoin will remain as the leader.
montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:20:46 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2020, 04:00:10 PM by montaga

...... give way for a decentralized system. Libra ...
Lol does not get anymore centralized than Facebook, one sneeze and your account is locked. Gee give me cash anyday.
Facebook pumping, why https://tdxp.app/market/Facebook
Libra is also rebranding to "Diem", latin for day
mrongos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:32:59 PM

unfortunately this is like being forced to launch and don't see the economic conditions that are not good, they only see how the price movement of bitcoin is increasing and want to take advantage of this moment to launch the Libra project so that more people will know about Libra and unfortunately no one interested.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 04:04:06 PM

Is this true? Seems new president is likely to support the cryptocurrency ( stable coin). Cheesy

But we need to wait until they really launch their project because this happens all of a sudden after a long hold.

Biden has no exective power yet. Whatever we see now should be from Donald Trump. It is too early to guess what Biden can do apart from allowing liberal politics and gay rights and all that. It is about time too that Libra is released to the market. It will be a big project and if it gets the backing of the American government  then Bitcoin is in trouble.
I don't see anything significant in the Libra stablecoin.  For some reason, everyone thinks that this coin will somehow be related to Facebook.  However, Zuckerberg promised at a hearing in the US Senate that the Libra coin would have nothing to do with Facebook.  And without Facebook, it will be the most common stablecoin, of which there are a lot now.  It will be backed only by the US dollar and, if desired, the government of this country can stop it if it prohibits the use of the dollar as collateral for stablecoins, as the Chinese government does with the yuan.

junmisakiro

Activity: 590
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 04:09:16 PM

Lol does not get anymore centralized than Facebook, one sneeze and your account is locked. Gee give me cash anyday.
lol, hopefully what you say doesn't come true because if it becomes real there will be many investors who lose and of course Libra is one of the projects that can be said to fail but was forced to launch.
montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 04:13:55 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2020, 04:32:42 PM by montaga

lol, hopefully what you say doesn't come true because if it becomes real there will be many investors who lose and of course Libra is one of the projects that can be said to fail but was forced to launch.

Reputation is already beyond repair.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/libra-rebrands-to-diem-hoping-to-shake-off-associations
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 04:26:08 PM

A new dollar-backed coin? This would not be a good news if libra was not creared by Facebook. It is likely that the new president will support this coin cause he has a friendly relationship with Facebook CEO

Question is: will you use a centralized cryptocurrency? Especially when it is created by the biggest company which uses your data daily for their own businesses
articlecity

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

https://blockmembers.io/

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 05:19:13 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/facebook-s-libra-to-reportedly-launch-in-january-2021-as-usd-stablecoin

"Following more than a year of scrutiny from global financial regulators, Libra will launch in a form of a United States dollar-backed digital currency, the Financial Times reported on Nov. 27"
It is launching in january alongwith paypal crypto services also going live for more countries in january so i can already be bullish about the market and i am expecting big green monthly candle for january which will give huge bullish momentum to the market for the rest of the year.

|▌ BlockMembers.io ▐| THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE
∎   AUTO CONSTRUCTION   ∎ END TO END AUTOMATION
Announcement Thread  ▪  Facebook  ▪  Telegram  ▪  Twitter  ]
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 05:37:34 PM

Why don't Facebook apply for traditional banking licences if they want to do traditional banking so much because all libra boils down to is "traditional banking".

They can already add fbcoin wallets to every fb user without needing crypto. Nobody's stopping them.

I don't understand what's their aim.

I don’t know how they want to organize it, but as I understand it, their goal is to make Libra basically some kind of analog for payments where there is no way for people to get access to the banking system, payment cards, and the like. There are more than 1 billion such people. But Libra has big problems with supervisory financial authorities. We'll see what will come of it next year.
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 07:39:50 PM

I don't see anything significant in the Libra stablecoin.  For some reason, everyone thinks that this coin will somehow be related to Facebook.  However, Zuckerberg promised at a hearing in the US Senate that the Libra coin would have nothing to do with Facebook.

Even if it has nothing to do with Facebook for the fact that it is from the same person who owns Facebook, it speaks alot and will draw much attention to it. It is like saying Bill Gates is floating a token, you think it will not get more attention than when an unknown face is floating it? Zuckerberg is just trying to play save because of legislation. Watch and see if he will not add the Libra as a payment option for adverts on Facebook when the token is out.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:59:59 PM

I still do not think that this will be anytime soon, but I also think that it will happen eventually one day. Facebook never scraped the project and said they were done, they did postponed it because of some problems with the authorities but they never stopped it, it was obvious that they were looking to find a way to actually represent libra without any problems at all from anyone, which would take sometime to arrange all of that. This  is why I honestly imagined that they would make a come back one day.

This is just the confirmation on what I imagined would happen, but obviously it wouldn't be right away, it will definitely take some time before all of this happens. I give facebook about a year at least to make it public and available for everyone, probably even more.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 04:19:37 PM

based on article above looks like it will realized. but unfortunately why its as stable coins ? not as another coins that its value could rise several times from initial price. personally when read it ,my sense interest decrease alot . investment will not give huge return if as stable coin, meanwhile libra coin have bigger potency than just it.

I agree with you, in my opinion if Libra is not a stable coin then I believe the price of Libra will definitely increase very high, because Libra is already very popular before Libra was launched and awaited by many investors (including me) to be used as an investment, but I was disappointed when I found out if Libra became a stable coin and of course it would make me unable to get big profits like investing in Bitcoin or altcoin if I invested in Libra.

goddess116

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 04:56:09 PM

There have been a lot of Libra topics recently, so hopefully it will be launched,after all, it's been hyped for so long.
Facebook really picks its moments,now it is a good opportunity to launch Libra.

Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 04:59:47 PM

Libra is already dead, it is rebranded as "Diem"
Where does the idea come from that a stablecoin is some form of investment. 100% certain to get less back (fees) as spent, plus security risks.

2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 06:09:39 PM

Where does the idea come from that a stablecoin is some form of investment. 100% certain to get less back (fees) as spent, plus security risks.
The change in the name of Coin Libra to Diem is the impact of pressure from regulators and world central banks who have concerns that the Libra coin can disrupt financial stability, erode control over monetary policy and threaten the privacy of its users, this is the reason Libra CEO changed the name of Facebook coin Although many people are looking forward to its launch, to be honest if I personally don't like the Libra coin because it is likely that the Libra coin will not be much different from other stablecoins that do not have active price movements in the market and it seems that the use of Libra coin will only be limited to making transactions payments and purchases and not as investment assets.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 08:30:12 PM

I don't think that rebrending would help Libra with launch because the project is still associated with Facebook. they should try to convince regulators in order to receive the permission for working in USA and Europe.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 05:10:16 AM

Libra itself was launched after the company studied many other types of cryptocurrencies that were launched earlier, such as bitcoin. This is intended so that Libra avoids value volatility, which has made cryptocurrency avoided and caused losses. This clearly has US regulators Worried about Libra,
The US regulatory agency reacted to the idea that Facebook could use its 2 billion users to create a global currency.
It was decided that Libra would be a stablecoin, so now volatility will not be a problem for Libra to launch, because there was a lot of pressure from US regulators about Libra before.
After becoming a stablecoin, Libra coin to be officially launched next year 2021, I believe this will be a trigger for bitcoin to go to the moon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: