Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Being an Etherean  (Read 74 times)
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2020, 09:48:47 AM

Since the planned launch of ETH2.0 contract and successful reaching a deposit threshold, I realized that I am more of an Etherean that Bitcoiner

it is not something that have anything against Bitcoin, but I do think that from a fundamental point of view, Bitcoin does not stand a chance to have higher market capitalization than Ethereum, if both network are successful and running, and I do expect to have Ethereum at the top of Crypto lists in the future, I am not sure that this will happen in a year or five years, but it should definitely happen, since Ethereum is a world changing technology in a much broader range than Bitcoin

Bitcoin is a revolution in P2P payments, and could be seen as a future Store-of-Value, and some market value of that could be compared to gold, which is around 10T USD, at the moment, at best

Ethereum, on the other side, is a revolution related to a much broader level of centralized computer networks, it is practically Decentralized World Computer, and market value of that product, if successfully deployed, is immense and could not be accurately foreseen, but could be derived from current market and should include much value from top .com companies and whole FinTech industry, that is consisting Nasdaq index, and what is more important, many top Technology companies are already there, included and developing their own private network solutions based on Ethereum technology, such as Microsoft Azure for example

that market value is not easy to estimate, but in the end, certainly higher than 10T USD, which is an end-point for Bitcoin, if seen as a Store-of-Value

this should not be seen as a financial advice, but my thoughts why I understood that I am an Etherean, and why Ethereum should skip Bitcoin in times to come
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 10:20:13 AM

May seem true, ETH 2.0 is indeed promising, although, in the near future, more and more kinds of crypto would come out and Ethereum should not only be compared with Bitcoin since different kinds of cryptocurrency are released every month with different views and different features and focus, BTC on the other hand has a huge value lead against Ethereum, it does look promising but we are yet to see if it can be as consistent as it can be right now, if it does, then it's good, I'm not gonna pick sides since I heavily use both ETH and BTC, let's just hope the best for the both  Grin
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 11:08:58 AM

The Beacon chain of ETH 2.0 would be live on December 2. And it's said that for two years both of those POW and POS versions of etherum would keep working. Depending on the success of it, Ethereum could be a good investment.
I did held ETH for quite a time but with bitcoin racing over Ethereum last month, I sold it for Bitcoin and now, Ethereum has been rising more than bitcoin. It seems much better to hold onto a coin but the sudden price change just put a panic on the holders.
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 11:25:36 AM

You may be right and wrong at the same time, you are saying from your own point of view and opinion.
This is how I see mine, Ethereum will not fail no matter the circumstances because of its ability to host ERC-20 projects.
Bitcoin is an entity that's quite different from ethereum, institutional and billionaire prefer to supply fait to its capitalization because it's just decentralized without team, no cofounder and other external activities that will disrupt it's growth or governance.
Ethereum on the other hand is just different, it's inability to scale is still a major problem and don't expect it's network to charge $0.1 as soon as Eth2.0 goes life, more and more test need to be done before all that can be achieved.
mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 04:54:21 PM

Since the planned launch of ETH2.0 contract and successful reaching a deposit threshold, I realized that I am more of an Etherean that Bitcoiner

it is not something that have anything against Bitcoin, but I do think that from a fundamental point of view, Bitcoin does not stand a chance to have higher market capitalization than Ethereum, if both network are successful and running, and I do expect to have Ethereum at the top of Crypto lists in the future, I am not sure that this will happen in a year or five years, but it should definitely happen, since Ethereum is a world changing technology in a much broader range than Bitcoin

I object to this opinion of you. Ethereum is really a potential business where everyone wants to hold its coins, but you should know that the ERC - 20 platform caters only to Crypto market trends. That said, Ethereum is also a king but it only has an impact on the Crypto community. As for Bitcoin, it has a great influence on the centralized financial market as well as the general economy. You can see that Grayscale hedge fund is actively collecting Bitcoin and holding in the long term, their main purpose is to want to increase investment value instead of holding fiat money and suffer the upcoming inflation.
Ethereum may be the king of technology but will not be comparable to the king of money, which is Bitcoin.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████