Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin core - All transactions showing unconfirmed  (Read 82 times)
privacyn3on (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 12:24:12 AM

I opened my fully synced Bitcoin Core client today and sent one transaction which confirmed successfully.

Then I opened the client again after some time, it was synced too and then I sent another transaction. But this time, when I go to transactions tab, it shows a "?" symbol next to all the transactions in the past which were confirmed as well and even the newly initiated transaction.

I looked up the transaction id of the most recent transaction on the blockchain explorer and I can't find it.

What do I do now? The balance has been deducted already from my Wallet but transaction id is not showing up.

I checked on the lower right of the Bitcoin Core GUI and it shows that it is connected to Bitcoin network (2 connections).
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5734

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:27:56 AM

Then I opened the client again after some time, it was synced too and then I sent another transaction. But this time, when I go to transactions tab, it shows a "?" symbol next to all the transactions in the past which were confirmed as well and even the newly initiated transaction.
It could mean that your wallet.dat was corrupted or the parent transaction was suddenly became invalid.
But it's very improbable that previously confirmed transactions become invalid since they are safely stored in the Blockchain.

That could also happen if you're using a Bitcoin wallet.dat with a node/client for another cryptocurrency (or vice-versa).

What version of Bitcoin Core are you using?

What do I do now? The balance has been deducted already from my Wallet but transaction id is not showing up.
It can be removed by right-clicking on it and selecting "Abandon transaction", that will remove it from your wallet.
But that's just a "band-aid solution" since the previous transactions are all invalid.

The RAW transaction from the oldest '?' transaction can shed a light to the issue.
You can get it by right-clicking it and selecting "Copy Raw Transaction", then paste the result here inside [code][/code] tags.
Note: Doing that will share your transaction's inputs and outputs, but that's basically the same as sharing a valid transaction ID that can be explored from a blockexplorer (not good for privacy).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3031

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 10:57:22 PM

The transaction that you made didn't reach the network that's why it shows a question mark it was not broadcasted successfully.

Additionally for nc50lc post, you can check your raw transaction using this https://coinb.in/#verify it can convert to a readable format.
If you are in a hurry you can also broadcast the raw transaction manually to https://coinb.in/#broadcast as your temporary solution and fix the issue later.

You can also run Bitcoin core with "-zapwallettxes" to get rid of transactions with question marks but the problem still exists. Abandon the transaction should be work as suggested above but it's a temporary solution and you still need to fix the corrupted database or blockchain(Using -reindex might solve this issue).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5734

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:45:24 AM

Additionally for nc50lc post, you can check your raw transaction using this https://coinb.in/#verify it can convert to a readable format.
Using the browser is unnecessary when it comes with getting the JSON object format.
He can use the console (Window->Console) and the command: decoderawtransaction "RAW_Transaction" but I doubt that he can make sense of those data or what to do next.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████