Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POP] PopcornCoin - Launch April 1 2014 - IPO NOW OPEN  (Read 5858 times)
bgade (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:06:33 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 06:30:29 PM by bgade

Popcorn Coin will be launched at 12 Noon EDT on April 1st, 2014.

This coin has numerous features that combine the best of all currently available alt-coins.  We are now accepting entrants to our IPO.  Please read on to find out all the details this coin has to offer... including our promise to gain value or be eaten.

Tub (wallet) already tested and compiled!

Unlike other alt-coins who fail to launch on time, PopcornCoin's tub (aka wallet) has already been tested.

The wallet has proven leak free and will hold all the PopcornCoin you will want.  It introduces alt-coins first multi-coin tub.  In addition to holding PopcornCoin, it also holds ButterCoin and SaltCoin.  A future release will allow CheeseToppingCoin to also be held in the tub.

No longer will you need separate wallets (tubs) for each alt-coin, you will instead be able to hold them all in the PopCornCoin tub.

Popping (mining) Process

This coin is ready made for both industrial miners and home miners with hobbyist hardware.  For energy efficiency, the popping (mining) process is different depending on hardware type.

Batch (block) Time: 180 seconds
Algorithm: Air/Oil - depending on hardware
Block Rewards: 3,000 kernels (coins)
Difficulty: H.E.A.T. Method - over mining causes burned kernels (rejected coins)

Each kernel (coin) can be smashed (is infinity divisible).

1st Batch IPO NOW OPEN

Early investors can benefit from our IPO option.  Instead of popping (mining) coins at launch you can enjoy knowing you already own PopcornCorn.  We are offering 2% of all available PopcornCoin during our IPO phase.

To purchase PopcornCoin during the IPO you will need to send pre-payment for your kernels (coins) before 12:01AM on April 1st, 2014.  All IPO kernels will be split amongst everyone who purchases during the IPO phase.  Your percentage of purchase will determine how many kernels you receive.

Example:
50,000 Coino of PopcornCoin is purchased during IPO
Each Coino purchased receives 40 PopcornCoin

1,000,000 Coino of PopcornCoin is purchased during IPO
Each Coino purchased receives 2 PopcornCoin

***Please be aware this is NOT A SCAM IPO - you know this because someone with more than an Activity of 1 posted this thread. ***
We guarantee that all IPO funds will be used and that all IPO funds will be received when you send them.

IPO funds must be sent to this Coino address:
UWg7uBUSSAHLL7s7N2psGsCBb5kdrvSosg

***If you need to purchase Coino to buy this IPO***
Coino is available on two exchanges:
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_con
https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=COINO&b=BTC

Why purchase the IPO with Coino?  
We want to support this valuable alt-coin.  It is only fair to support the existing alt-coin community!  If you know how to check the Coino block chain you will see that address already contains thousands of Coino.  Surely this is a sign that others like PopcornCoin.

IPO Ends April 1st at 12:01AM

Don't miss your chance to own the only coin that will POP on April 1st!

PopcornCoin Promise

We promise that PopcornCoin will become more and more valuable over time.  Should it even begin to lose value, those who hold PopcornCoin can simply eat the coin to reduce the over supply.  The tub (wallet) facilitates eating of Popcorn Coin along with SaltCoin and ButterCoin.  

The future release will also allow eating of CheeseToppingCoin, but only when eaten at the same time as PopcornCoin.

Please follow this thread as it is updated with pool and exchange information.

Are you a pool or exchange owner that wants to be part of PopcornCoin?  
Advance tubs (wallets) available prior to launch for Pool and Exchange owners.

DeltaQuebec

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:21:06 AM

lulz
bgade (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:23:42 AM

lulz

Just wait til you see PopcornCoin au francais.  It will be more popular than a sovereignty referendum!
vipin.khatri20

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:00:50 PM

What is the total amount of coins? and If I buy with 10000 coino, how much popcorncoins will I get?
DeltaQuebec

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:04:55 PM

*FACEDESK*
vandokkum

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:07:52 PM

Watching with my Popcorn.

YackBallz

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:19:42 PM

This whole thing reads like it's a joke.

In my experience most IPO's for altcoins end badly - are people supposed to just deposit coino to your address and magically get credit?
CoinoFan

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:52:26 PM

In my experience most IPO's for altcoins end badly - are people supposed to just deposit coino to your address and magically get credit?

This is a problem. Getting credit just by depositing to the address won't work. Remember that the blockchain is public, anyone can look up the transactions made to that address and claim it's theirs.
bgade (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:05:28 PM

What is the total amount of coins? and If I buy with 10000 coino, how much popcorncoins will I get?

The total amount of PopcornCoin received depends on the amount received in the IPO.  For example, if you are the only person who buys in with Coino, you would receive the entire IPO amount.   If two people buy in with the same amount of Coino, they each receive half.

Remember that this IPO can not possibly be a scam...  We offer a guarantee that all funds sent to the IPO address will be received and used. 

You will only truly know how much PopcornCoin you will receive at noon on April 1st. 

I also remind you that this coin may be extremely useful for your own entertainment when watching other alt-coins launch.  For example, if your tub (wallet) has spare PopcornCoin in it, you may want to eat some while waiting for other coins to launch.

Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

brb.. grabbing some popcorn...

Grin
bgade (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:13:41 PM

I can not imagine why you would consider PopcornCoin a joke!  Do you make this assumption just because it is set to launch on April Fools Day?  For such accusations.. I wish a plague of un-popped kernels upon you and your household.

I would recommend that anyone wishing to purchase the IPO private message me first.  As you point out, it would be unwise to blindly send Coino to the address and hope for magic credits to appear - unless you planned to just give your Coino away without hope of getting any PopcornCoin.  Who would want to miss out like that?

While many IPO's end badly... this promises to be the tastiest one yet.  And it is the only one with the simple guarantee that all Coino sent to that address will be received. 

redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:31:13 AM

Post some screenshots of your wallet. So far this smells fishy.
bgade (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

Post some screenshots of your wallet. So far this smells fishy.

Dear Sir, please read above in the thread for a screenshot of the tub (wallet). 

The picture that is posted shows a full tub (wallet).  It was filled during the testing phase of the coin and the PopcornCoin seen in the wallet is part of the IPO offering. 

Your own tub will start empty, but you can fill it either by popping (mining) your own PopcornCoin or by purchasing PopcornCoin.

I assure you that nothing here smells fishy... it smells like freshly popped (mined) PopcornCoin.
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

"We promise that PopcornCoin will become more and more valuable over time.  Should it even begin to lose value, those who hold PopcornCoin can simply eat the coin to reduce the over supply.  The tub (wallet) facilitates eating of Popcorn Coin along with SaltCoin and ButterCoin."

So this comes with a Money Back Guarantee then?

liugangliuliu

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:35:21 PM

popcorn?
Eat delicious food。
yes!

bgade (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:17:11 PM

As with any alt-coin you can sell the coins you don't want. 

But... PopcornCoin offers another benefit in that it is the first alt-coin that you can eat.  Say for example you purchase a tubfull (wallet full) of PopcornCoin and then realize later that you no longer want the coin.  You are able to simply eat as much from the tub (wallet) as you want.  This reduces the overall supply of PopcornCoin to raise the value.  The tub (wallet) allows you to eat PopcornCoin by itself or at the same time as ButterCoin and Saltcoin. 

During testing, when we ate from the tub (wallet) we found that the experience was very pleasurable if all three coins were eaten at the same time. 

It was so pleasurable that one may be tempted to eat from the tub (wallet) even when the coins value is high.  This of course only further inflates the value of PopcornCoin. 

If you purchase PopcornCoin during the IPO, we guarantee that all Coino sent to us will be received.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:02:03 PM

As with any alt-coin you can sell the coins you don't want. 

But... PopcornCoin offers another benefit in that it is the first alt-coin that you can eat.  Say for example you purchase a tubfull (wallet full) of PopcornCoin and then realize later that you no longer want the coin.  You are able to simply eat as much from the tub (wallet) as you want.  This reduces the overall supply of PopcornCoin to raise the value.  The tub (wallet) allows you to eat PopcornCoin by itself or at the same time as ButterCoin and Saltcoin. 

During testing, when we ate from the tub (wallet) we found that the experience was very pleasurable if all three coins were eaten at the same time. 

It was so pleasurable that one may be tempted to eat from the tub (wallet) even when the coins value is high.  This of course only further inflates the value of PopcornCoin. 

If you purchase PopcornCoin during the IPO, we guarantee that all Coino sent to us will be received.

Ok, enough with evading questions and the imaginary popping and eating, etc. We're all here to speculate and make some money. Im guessing here that by "eating" you mean to destroy the coin right? How does that raise the value of the coin for the guy who "ate" it? Why on earth would one mine to destroy it... what's the incentive? Please don't use misleading words like "eating"... it implies consumption (or spending for currencies) aka deriving value through exchange. Is there a difference between eating and destroying?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
bgade (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:29:15 PM

Ok, enough with evading questions and the imaginary popping and eating, etc. We're all here to speculate and make some money. Im guessing here that by "eating" you mean to destroy the coin right? How does that raise the value of the coin for the guy who "ate" it? Why on earth would one mine to destroy it... what's the incentive? Please don't use misleading words like "eating"... it implies consumption (or spending for currencies) aka deriving value through exchange. Is there a difference between eating and destroying?

I'm sorry that my answers aren't providing enough clarity for you.  Please don't be angry.  It was a mistake of me to wish a plague of un-popped kernels upon the last detractor from PopcornCoin.

I disagree with your statement, we aren't all here to speculate.  Many of us actually want to see a working cryptocurrency that offers value exchange similar to currency.  Most of the alt-coins at this point are more about speculating and eventually diminish over time.  Those that are just about speculation will always decline in value until they are worthless.

PopcornCoin offers a different approach in that you can actually eat the coin yourself.  By eating, I mean consume for both slight nourishment and also for pleasure.  I don't envision that PopcornCoin will ever be used to purchase video cards, etc.  (By the way, I have some R9-280x video cards for sale with payment in Coino).  Instead, PopcornCoin is more about being used during the launch of ill-fated alt-coins for entertainment.

I have heard from several people through private message that they fully understand the role of PopcornCoin and how it works.  Many of them are eagerly awaiting the launch and also waiting to see just how many people plan to participate in the IPO.  All of them have noon at April First marked on their calendar to check in on PopcornCoin.

Perhaps its best you simply wait for the launch of the coin at noon on April Fool's Day.  You may not be the best candidate to participate in the IPO to purchase PopcornCoin ahead of time.  Or then again... you may actually be exactly the type of person the IPO is geared towards...   Wink

Should you not participate, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to purchase or pop (mine) your own PopcornCoin after the launch.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:52:38 PM

I'm sorry that my answers aren't providing enough clarity for you.  Please don't be angry.  It was a mistake of me to wish a plague of un-popped kernels upon the last detractor from PopcornCoin.

I disagree with your statement, we aren't all here to speculate.  Many of us actually want to see a working cryptocurrency that offers value exchange similar to currency.  Most of the alt-coins at this point are more about speculating and eventually diminish over time.  Those that are just about speculation will always decline in value until they are worthless.

PopcornCoin offers a different approach in that you can actually eat the coin yourself.  By eating, I mean consume for both slight nourishment and also for pleasure.  I don't envision that PopcornCoin will ever be used to purchase video cards, etc.  (By the way, I have some R9-280x video cards for sale with payment in Coino).  Instead, PopcornCoin is more about being used during the launch of ill-fated alt-coins for entertainment.

I have heard from several people through private message that they fully understand the role of PopcornCoin and how it works.  Many of them are eagerly awaiting the launch and also waiting to see just how many people plan to participate in the IPO.  All of them have noon at April First marked on their calendar to check in on PopcornCoin.

Perhaps its best you simply wait for the launch of the coin at noon on April Fool's Day.  You may not be the best candidate to participate in the IPO to purchase PopcornCoin ahead of time.  Or then again... you may actually be exactly the type of person the IPO is geared towards...   Wink

Should you not participate, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to purchase or pop (mine) your own PopcornCoin after the launch.

I understand the real edible popcorn... the ones you can hold and feel. Those if consumed brings me slight nourishment and GREAT pleasure, especially with another tub of flavorful melted oozing butter and sprinkled salt Smiley Typing in a number and pressing an "eat" button on the wallet and watching the numbers reduce... oh ya, that's fun too... especially when they are paying for being "entertained" and lets not forget the nourishment the "popcorn" is giving them Roll Eyes I can see why some people find this coin interesting. Unlike other coins, one can "eat" this one! Hahahahah. And oh ya, the IPO is in coino format. What fun... coz coino is not at all like BTC  Wink

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
cryptojette

Activity: 291

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:06:13 AM

Man, I am eating this up tho, sound pretty Yummi

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
Pages: [1] 2 »  All