Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noticed something and want to share.  (Read 267 times)
The-None-Above-All

Activity: 28
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 01:19:02 AM

Overall, it sounds like you are asking how to write "quality posts" to earn merit, and that's already a wrong approach, because merit is not some social ladder to be climbed. Just use this forum like you'd use any other forum, and first and foremost, follow its rules.

It is the problem with merit system. Merit system makes people optimize for merit. Like search engines make people SEO instead of focus on only best content, see:

Craig Wright must be spending big on SEO. Recently I searched for some bitcoin information. (not saying search term, to not give faketoshi scammers any tips.) SERP position #2 was a page from a so called "Bitcoin Wiki" at a BSV scam site. SERP position #3 was the real Bitcoin Wiki.

I urge anyone with real SEO skills to evaluate the search engine influence of real Bitcoin sites vs scam sites

real Bitcoin vs BCH sites
real Bitcoin vs BSV sites

real Bitcoin information sitse have the problem, many are made by volunteer effort. Core developers focus on code and protocol improvements. Bitcoiners focus on talking about Bitcoin. Scammers put resources on domain names, SEO... what brings in the new money from people who don't know any better

For merit system to work, people should IGNORE MERIT WHEN WRITING , only think to send merit when reading.

But that is idealistic wishing for perfect world. If perfect world, no need for merit system anyway... people just do the right thing.

By the way, did you just confuse me and Cryptomint9?

Error, sorry, I corrected the post.

And please, next time reply in the original thread and avoid spamming others, as CryptocurencyKing has just said: this way you could to something positive for a change and bump my services.

Why I want to bump your services?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: