Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is hard fork and is this same for all currency?  (Read 68 times)
FlagstaffRevel235 (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:15:34 PM

We see BTC and BCH hard fork. As per I know, Hard fork means one kind of upgrade. Due to the hard fork, BCH was created. So, what new will be created from XRP?
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:26:48 PM

I saw a reddit post that explain hard fork easily. I do research about hard fork by the time bitcoin split BCH. And the explanation below really helps me a lot to understand what it is.

"A hard fork happens when a new version of the full node client accepts blocks as valid that previous versions would have rejected as invalid. The moment such a block gets submitted to the live network, the new clients will accept it and build on that chain, whereas the old clients will reject it and start building on a different block at that height, at which point the two networks are operating on different longest chains (hence fork)".

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34rn2r/eli5_what_is_a_hard_fork_and_what_does_it_mean/cqxfqge?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Same goes with XRP, ETH or other blockchain project. Split will occur once the supporter of block is divided into two group with different vision on the project.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████