Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:56:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in group buy for a Ryzen mining motherboard from ASRock?  (Read 607 times)
JustinTArthur (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 03:21:45 AM

Bumping the topic in case these higher coin values have increased interest in something like this.

Does this support 8+6 GPUs? A total of 14 GPUs?
Yes, if you take advantage of the built-in PCIe-over-USB-cable ports in addition to standard slots. Typical Chinese riser boards and likely additional power needed for those extra 6.

There has to be suppliers that carry it as they did a BIOS update on 12/10/2019. I find it weird that the board only supports up to Ryzen 9 3900, it doesn't specify support for the 3950.
I've looked everywhere for a supplier and ASRock's sales rep confirmed it never had a full retail run. If you find a supplier, certainly let us know. As for the BIOS, we'd be asking for at least a recent AGESA as part of the package. I'm not especially interested if we can only work with older chips; the whole interesting thing about this board is having a modern+fast chip vs the typical Celeron setup.

A few folks have balked at the cost. My "under 200 USD" estimate is truly just an estimate. Absolutely no negotiation happened with ASRock outside of quantity. It could easily end up being cheaper if this ever happens.

Sadly, there's a good chance the AM4 socket will be old tech by the time we get enough orders + shipping. I still hold out a glimmer of hope. Thanks to those who have responded.
tpd09

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 08:50:01 AM

$ 200 for a motherboard with 8 graphics cards?
+ you still need to buy a processor, cooler and RAM
It is very expensive, I buy ready-made kits no more than $ 100 (motherboard, processor + CO and memory).
Maybe I don't understand something about mining, but I always try to reduce the cost of those components that do not affect performance.
If we save on raising, we will spend on additional cooling

would you so be kind to share from where do you buy these ready-made kits?
_primus

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 02:14:47 AM

Bumping the topic in case these higher coin values have increased interest in something like this.

I'd pick up a couple of these.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: