Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Data is the new DeFi - Tapmydata lets people control, own and license their data  (Read 257 times)
CryptoCommunityWraith (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:26:07 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2020, 04:34:40 PM by CryptoCommunityWraith

TAPMYDATA

What is Tapmydata?

As Web2 has evolved over the years, it has quickly become a centralized space for companies to abuse users’ data. This is all achieved by said members not fully understanding what they are agreeing to when signing up for a service, which can be damaging for the individual.

This is where Tapmydata intends to step in and provide an all in one solution to the problem. By using a unique framework of tools, ledger, and decentralized protocols, people will be able to seamlessly reclaim their digital identity, crystallize unique verified elements of consent in an NFT, and provide a new, transparent channel for legitimate counterparties to blend data and exchange value.

Data is the new DeFi

Not everyone has crypto to stake, but we all have data.

Problems around data value, privacy, and security are rooted in the original design of digital markets – central silos, bad actors, and bots – and solving them is one of the biggest prizes of Web 3. Our decentralized TAP personal data protocol and token break the old cycle of data abuse. Each user can manage their own digital identity, mint NFT’s (Non-Fungible Tokens) of Blockchain Verified Consent, and license this for use across the web, receiving value (ERC20 tokens) from organizations.

How does this work in practice? If you’re a new or existing user of the Tapmydata mobile app, you use it in the same way to request data, add personal credentials and ID, and store this in your secure wallet. We have no access to any of the keys or data.

The app awards TAP tokens for activity which benefits the community, like sharing data or verifying credentials. You can then use these tokens (or buy more) to mint your own Blockchain Verified Consent artefacts. These are what organizations purchase for use in targeted marketing, also using the tokens.

While projects like Brave and Swash have helped make people aware their data has value and this can be realized through crypto, they still work within the limits of the current AdTech system; I get paid for my attention, or for my browsing history to be sold to advertisers.

With the Tap Protocol, token, and ecosystem, we never forget it's your data. We will provide you with control, and the tools to offer Organisations 3 choices:

SEND: Give me my data.
DELETE: It's not yours so get rid of it.
LICENCE: Agree terms to pay me for it.

Organizations are obliged to meet the first choice in the most frictionless way possible to you, data is too valuable to make the second option a default for them, while the solution is to engage with Web3 citizens and find a fair, transparent price for your data, on your terms. Read more.

Bounty Campaign - https://beta.bounty0x.io/hosts/TAP%20Token

The internet is ever-changing and how we control our data is extremely important. Now is the time to take back what's ours and reclaim our freedom.

Tapmydata intends to revolutionize the industry by providing a unique framework of tools and decentralized protocols that enable people to reclaim their data in exchange for value.

For any blockchain projects looking to integrate/collaborate with Tapmydata reach us at info@tapmydata.com

Jeronimo171

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:32:19 PM

Do you have a bounty campaign? Grin

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:39:58 PM

Troy Norcross's full Business Strategy Surgery interview with Tapmydata CEO, Gilbert Hill, drops tomorrow at 12pm GMT! They discuss privacy in the digital age, consent, the #digitalservicesact, Tapmydata's impact on consumer awareness, and much more! Please follow Troy, Gilbert, and Tapmydata for more info!

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:46:28 PM

Troy Norcross's full Business Strategy Surgery interview with Tapmydata CEO, Gilbert Hill, drops tomorrow at 12pm GMT! They discuss privacy in the digital age, consent, the #digitalservicesact, Tapmydata's impact on consumer awareness, and much more! Please follow Troy, Gilbert, and Tapmydata for more info!

Very very soon! It will be launched on Bounty0x. I will keep you updated on here as well as our Twitter and Telegram!
cryelekea

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:06:23 PM

So it will be public token sale on Balancer and it will be an extremely simple KYC/AML solution for Balancer Liquidity Pools. What exactly this KYC/AML solution will looks like?

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:11:13 PM

Correct. The KYC/AML solution is very simple and can be achieved through our app which is live on the App Store and Google Play. You can enter your details there and be ready for the 14th of December! Smiley
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:19:35 PM

If you want to post some images in your ANN thread, you can purchase copper membership here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=credit;promote. Because there are a lot of DeFi-related projects here and you are competing with the interest of users here. So make your ANN at least eye-catching.

And as much as possible, the engagement with the community will be active all throughout your journey in crypto. Because normally, the interest fades after few months of existence here.

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 09:08:02 PM

Thanks! I was looking into this but thought I should get something up for the time being just to showcase the project. I can work on the images soon.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 08:45:29 AM

Wait, after opening with how companies abuse user's data, and that they should reclaim their data, and how it is a main concern on internet 2.0 then you offered them a service to monetize their data, like... deliberately selling them to the same companies you said earlier?
Sireum Leuweung

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 08:55:13 AM

..Each user can manage their own digital identity, mint NFT’s (Non-Fungible Tokens) of Blockchain Verified Consent, and license this for use across the web, receiving value (ERC20 tokens) from organizations.
Does it mean I can create/deploy my own NFT based on my identity?
Something like Digital Identity?
how to prevent misuse of my data by certain companies?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 09:54:42 AM

Wait, after opening with how companies abuse user's data, and that they should reclaim their data, and how it is a main concern on internet 2.0 then you offered them a service to monetize their data, like... deliberately selling them to the same companies you said earlier?

Hey Mike, good question. Basically, we are giving people the power back by allowing them to monetize their data and choose what specific data they want to use. The alternative would be companies selling your data without your knowledge and you getting nothing in return. However, if you use Tapmydata you don't have to monetize your data, you can use it to request what data companies have on you too and ask them to remove it, etc.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:11:30 AM

Hey Mike, good question. Basically, we are giving people the power back by allowing them to monetize their data and choose what specific data they want to use. The alternative would be companies selling your data without your knowledge and you getting nothing in return. However, if you use Tapmydata you don't have to monetize your data, you can use it to request what data companies have on you too and ask them to remove it, etc.

I think I've meet something like this before, but it was in a distant memory. You're not... happen to be the same team who propose to sell this "selective" data, right?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:57:33 AM

I think I've meet something like this before, but it was in a distant memory. You're not... happen to be the same team who propose to sell this "selective" data, right?

The data dialogue takes place between the 2 counterparties, the user (or data subject) and the organization (the data controller). They hold the public and private keys therefore we have no access to the keys and the data is effectively useless to any third party, including ourselves. We don't want to add to the big problem which exists, so we built the whole system to privacy by design principles with input from Dr. Ann Cavoukian.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 12:57:25 PM

The data dialogue takes place between the 2 counterparties, the user (or data subject) and the organization (the data controller). They hold the public and private keys therefore we have no access to the keys and the data is effectively useless to any third party, including ourselves. We don't want to add to the big problem which exists, so we built the whole system to privacy by design principles with input from Dr. Ann Cavoukian.

If you don't mind to step back a little, the current model that exists were an user (let's call them 1st party) submit their data during account creation, a membership signup, etc. to a company or website (we call them 2nd party) like aaa, bbb, ccc (let's not mention any name here).

The current problem was, the second party usually sell these data to a 3rd party, like an ad service, or whoever interested.

And your solution was to sandwiched yourself between the 1st and 2nd party to be a buffer? Or was it between the 2nd and 3rd party?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 04:31:25 PM

As I see the main mission of this project is to give people control of their data and leverage collective agency in how it’s used. There are so many projects and applications with the same goal. What makes you special among them?

While projects like Brave and Swash have helped make people aware their data has value and this can be realized through crypto, they still work within the limits of the current AdTech system; I get paid for my attention, or for my browsing history to be sold to advertisers. We’re creating the building blocks for people to play a new role with their commercially-valuable data, where they’re in the driving seat. Rather than see ads for something I bought last week, I can let companies know I’m in the market now to buy a kettle, hardware wallet, or an insurance policy. Advertisers can buy these consent artifacts at scale, incentivizing users with tokens.

We've got a background in AdTech ourselves so we have the relationships to help them change, rather than just try to destroy it. This is also good for advertisers - no more buying fake attention from bots. Each user can manage their own digital identity, mint NFT’s of Blockchain Verified Consent, and license this for use across the web, receiving value (ERC20 tokens) from organizations.

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 04:58:32 PM

..Each user can manage their own digital identity, mint NFT’s (Non-Fungible Tokens) of Blockchain Verified Consent, and license this for use across the web, receiving value (ERC20 tokens) from organizations.
Does it mean I can create/deploy my own NFT based on my identity?
Something like Digital Identity?
how to prevent misuse of my data by certain companies?

One of the things we're doing is enabling people to earn TAP by doing things that help the community - verify data, ID. Once they have enough they can use these tokens to mint NFT's which contain a license for companies to use their consent to get insights into certain bits of their data.

So in terms of 'ID', right now our digital identity is spread across 100's of companies, with a few gatekeepers like credit agencies who verify. Now with Tapmydata you create your own ID and choose to break off bits and license to third parties. This prevents misuse because companies only ever access, not own your data! You can read more here - https://docs.tapmydata.com

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 05:51:57 PM

If you don't mind to step back a little, the current model that exists were an user (let's call them 1st party) submit their data during account creation, a membership signup, etc. to a company or website (we call them 2nd party) like aaa, bbb, ccc (let's not mention any name here).

The current problem was, the second party usually sell these data to a 3rd party, like an ad service, or whoever interested.

And your solution was to sandwiched yourself between the 1st and 2nd party to be a buffer? Or was it between the 2nd and 3rd party?

We make it easy for companies to provide data using our secure channel. It's really important to verify the person requesting data is who they say they are so we encourage them to verify their ID, then we use public-key cryptography to create a secure P2P channel between that person and the company so no-one else can get access, including Tapmydata.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:53:50 PM

We make it easy for companies to provide data using our secure channel. It's really important to verify the person requesting data is who they say they are so we encourage them to verify their ID, then we use public-key cryptography to create a secure P2P channel between that person and the company so no-one else can get access, including Tapmydata.

So in short, your service runs around you placed yourself in between the 1st party (end user, member of social medias, etc.) and the 2nd party (the media provider)?

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 09:31:59 PM

So in short, your service runs around you placed yourself in between the 1st party (end user, member of social medias, etc.) and the 2nd party (the media provider)?

yes, currently the product is only concerned with the relationship with the direct data controller (2nd party). In the future, we are looking to solve the resale of data with our verifiable consent protocol to ensure ongoing value is returned to the user. More info can found here - https://docs.tapmydata.com or you can join our telegram channel (https://t.me/tapmydataofficial) to get answers from people like our CEO, CTO, Chair etc.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 08:00:38 AM

yes, currently the product is only concerned with the relationship with the direct data controller (2nd party). In the future, we are looking to solve the resale of data with our verifiable consent protocol to ensure ongoing value is returned to the user. More info can found here - https://docs.tapmydata.com or you can join our telegram channel (https://t.me/tapmydataofficial) to get answers from people like our CEO, CTO, Chair etc.

Ok, as interested and aware I am of this service for internet 3.0, I (and I think a lot of people who stumbled upon this thread too) am still curious on how deliberately selling our data would be beneficial?

Granted, we'll get some money for it, and it's better than get nothing, like how it happens nowadays, but shouldn't we agree on how this "trend" needs to be left behind? That the service needed to establish internet 3.0 are the ones that help 1st user keep their data to their own, and this service (that offers data selling) would just encourage the same trend to stay?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: